Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Regarding both wow and this site, I hate all the salty manchildren who can't take a joke. Regarding the general off topic section here, I hate all the self-described intellectuals who think they're smart but really are fucking stupid. That place probly has a dangerously high concentration of fedoras.

I love Jaylock but dislike all the fanboys who mindlessly defend blizz with no valid arguments.

I interact mostly with the people I choose to interact with, IE guildies, friends list and the people in my group. Most interactions are nice, and while trade chat is full of spammers and 12 years old spouting memes as if they were funny, that's just the nature of the beast.

The people I dislike the most (beyond those that are just rude) are the ones who expect everyone to want the same things as them, and expect Blizzard to cater to their every whim or the game is ''ruined''. You mostly see that attitude on forums rather than in-game. In a game as diverse as WoW, nobody is ever going to 100% have their way, the sooner one accepts it the sooner one can learn to pick their battles and not lose their shit at every single little elements of this monstrously huge game they don't like.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-11-17 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually love talking with the weirdos on the Proudmoore /2 when I'm not doing a quest or something. I do the same thing in GW2 and FFXIV, random chat ups and helping random players out.

I hate jaded WoW players that say no community exists in the current game due to QoL additions. No, there is always people to talk to and help, you just suck at doing it or don't like it when others are having fun. Just a bunch of assholes!

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I have my own in-game community of a few friends, some family members and a guild. I'm fine with that and recommend it to everyone. Everything else that counts as "community" I'm very wary of. I'm looking forward to BfA and their new community organizing principle. I think it's one thing the game has needed for some time. Restrictions on guild memberships are archaic and outdated.
    Same, I have 20+ Bnet people I play WoW, HotS, and HS with. I met a couple people I still talk to today back when they first put in RealID while in Cata and MoP PVP/LFR.

I will be joining a couple communities for sure!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I'm just sick of all the complaining. Every time I come on these forums the entire front page is people complaining about everything under the sun. I went to look up what there was to do with the anniversary event and the most uprated comment was basically "Lol this is the worst event ever, Blizz sucks, do they even care about their customers anymore?". Can't people just be happy with the things they DO have instead of raging every time something happens that's even a hair off from the ideal best they themselves would've wanted?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    This is not a flamethread - just a curious question.

If you hate it, why and why do you stay?

I hate people; mostly ignorant newcomers who just don't get it and they are likely to start flamethreads(this is the general tendency).

I ALSO hate veterans, who are just doing nothing about the direction this community is heading, not defending the good forum codex. Why do you look away, when more and more idiots are being loud with "will X kill Wow?" and so forth(you fcking invested 13 years of your life, just to be quiet?)? Why are you not AS LOUD because of WoWs success?

I stay because I love the game, unconditionally and with trust in Blizz.

Tell us?
    No, but I find the attention whoring obnoxious (I include myself here). I've observed that folks on forums or comment boxes are more about making themselves heard than about having a discussion.
    But I can't hate something I'm a part of. It's nice to surprise people now and then by not being an edgy jackass in a game related conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate is too strong of an emotion to waste on someone you don't like.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate the community. In general, I've had way more positive experiences with the community than negative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm just sick of all the complaining. Every time I come on these forums the entire front page is people complaining about everything under the sun. I went to look up what there was to do with the anniversary event and the most uprated comment was basically "Lol this is the worst event ever, Blizz sucks, do they even care about their customers anymore?". Can't people just be happy with the things they DO have instead of raging every time something happens that's even a hair off from the ideal best they themselves would've wanted?
    This whole forum turned into one negative shithole and it really ruins my mood every time I am actually excited about something.
    I was and still am very excited about the allied races because I've been looking forward to something like this for years, but every time on on this forum my excitement just keeps getting less and less. I don't even know why I log into this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Twitch kids spamming twitch emotes= cancer
    Spamming made up words like lel or dodging swear words etc like fuk and kys= cancer
    Never played vanilla= cancer

Yes it really makes my blood boil,these fucked up league of legends kids ruined the community.
    Had to get a addon for more ignore list space.
    In the end the karma will get these fucking toxic retarded kids.
    This is pretty much what i experience with all communities for MMO / MP Games. They are so retarded today it's embarrasing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    This whole forum turned into one negative shithole and it really ruins my mood every time I am actually excited about something.
    I was and still am very excited about the allied races because I've been looking forward to something like this for years, but every time on on this forum my excitement just keeps getting less and less. I don't even know why I log into this anymore.
    GG, thats the internet for every video game community today. If you think this place is cancer, just watch LoLs...

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    This is not a flamethread - just a curious question.

If you hate it, why and why do you stay?

I hate people; mostly ignorant newcomers who just don't get it and they are likely to start flamethreads(this is the general tendency).

I ALSO hate veterans, who are just doing nothing about the direction this community is heading, not defending the good forum codex. Why do you look away, when more and more idiots are being loud with "will X kill Wow?" and so forth(you fcking invested 13 years of your life, just to be quiet?)? Why are you not AS LOUD because of WoWs success?

I stay because I love the game, unconditionally and with trust in Blizz.

Tell us?
    I love the community, the people that play the game are kindred spirits. What I hate is the environment that Blizzard has created... I do not trust Blizzard at all. The devs took a game that was beloved by me and many, many people and distorted it into this abomination. It simply does not have the play value it had when progression, leveling, gearing, professions, etc actually had meaning.

The problem is, as they have changed it... they have lost a lot of the community I agreed with, and brought in new people who enjoy "this" type of game. It is disheartening and feels very much like a betrayal, that a game I have invested so much time and effort into to be changed so far from what an amazing experience it once was.

Blizzard used to imply that we only feel that way because of Nostalgia, and that "we think we want Vanilla, but we don't". That very attitude is why I do not trust Blizzard. The very guy, Brack, who said that was the one who announced with some level of fake enthusiasm, that Classic was coming. I must admit, there was some great satisfaction watching him scarf down such a huge helping of crow.

In the end, the community is what made the game great. It was self-policing when you HAD to be nice to others or not experience the full game. Which is how it should be for an MMO... instead of a massively multiplayer game,,, it is a massively solo player game.... lots of people playing solo and using the queues to briefly force others to help them get what they want, without need to interact, develop friendships, you know.. MMO things.

However, now that classic is coming... there may be hope yet. A game those of us who loved before can return to, and the "newer" game... that can continue to appeal to newer players. They truly are two different games.

The only issue I take is with the latter.. as they are the ones who are upset that others prefer to go elsewhere... they perhaps think their queues will now get even longer, they won't have as many people to force into attaining their goals, and the only people left playing with them, are just as selfish, uninterested, solo players as themselves.

Seriously, that is NOT intended as a bash... it's just they are playing a different game... one that is attractive to solo players.

WoW was over for me at WoD.. actually near end of Cata... to me this is an exciting time. I sure hope it does well (and suspect it will) as it's Blizzard's last chance to revive the WoW I love.

Deleted
    Hate is a passion.
    How can you feel passionate about a community?
    Mixed feelings of slightly-above-lukewarm temperature? Yes. Hate? Of course not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I hate it hence why i keep stop sub every now and then, I stay for memories but I admit if i wasn't playing up to wrath i doubt i'd ever start it today, even if it was from blizz
    As for why I hate it that because I was from time when a guy dared to ninja loot an item, was officer in guild called Team Hippo on Ghostlands EU, the guild tried to defend it, entire server blocked them and ppl started to leave guild until the guild was disbanded and entire command officers had to leave game/server for just ninja looting an item form a hc dungeon run, that how good ppl were back then, now I don't even know who are the top guilds in first place on my server
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    I hate the wow comunity in my country, in fact before patch 7.2 i have rolled back on english server and when someone ask me where i'm from i respond with a different country instead of the real one.

Deleted
    Speaking of this particular community - it's better than the official forums. But it's worse than the subreddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Speaking of this particular community - it's better than the official forums. But it's worse than the subreddit.
    No idea how people can like Reddit communities. It's the worst medium for discussion by far, and the censorship is through the roof.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    I dislike most of MMOC because the entitlement displayed here is hilariously bad and too many of the threads are just complaining shitposts about how Blizzard doesn't do what everyone wants.

Even now with Classic announced there are a ton of threads just crying about how it's not going to be 100% recreation of Vanilla and how that ruins the game somehow.

It's hilarious in a good and bad way, mostly a bad way.
    Thing is, a lot of people want something that never even existed, and will literally never be happy with any outcome.

People want blizzard to rebalance classes in classic - lmfao

People want mythic raiding to go away because theyre good enough to do it - lmfao

People are mad that they only release new content every 7 weeks - lmfao

These people are just miserable, and they're just a by product of our current political reality in the world today with rampant entitlement and absolutely no gratitude.

I hate the way people treat one another. If everyone was helpful and positive about things, the game would feel different. Right now, there is always negativity everywhere, and I have to look past it, or avoid it and just enjoy the things I like about WoW. This isn't just for WoW, though. I think there is too much negativity in the world, and we all suffer because of it. People even flame on other people for liking something they don't. I like Legion, I thought it was fun. I overall liked WoD, I had fun. Sure I'd change stuff about both of them if I could, but so what?

Edit: After reading some other responses, it is encouraging how many people said similar things to me. Maybe Blizzard should make special servers for happy people.
    Last edited by Neversage; 2017-11-17 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    No idea how people can like Reddit communities. It's the worst medium for discussion by far, and the censorship is through the roof.
    Compared to this place, and especially the official forums, the toxicity isn't even half as bad when it comes to the wow subreddit. And the discussion on most of the subs I frequent are pleasant and well behaved. Haven't even seen any censorship during all the years I've used the site, but then again I might not be frequenting the subreddits that get censored. And to be fair, they probably get censored for good reason, like all those silly hate subreddits.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Thing is, a lot of people want something that never even existed, and will literally never be happy with any outcome.

People want blizzard to rebalance classes in classic - lmfao

People want mythic raiding to go away because theyre good enough to do it - lmfao

People are mad that they only release new content every 7 weeks - lmfao

These people are just miserable, and they're just a by product of our current political reality in the world today with rampant entitlement and absolutely no gratitude.
    You're assuming all the shitposters on MMOC are millennials.

Fair assumption, I'd argue a lot of the Vanilla purists are more likely grumpy old men.

Either way both assumptions are fair.