Poll: What do you think?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    If you think the Horde is evil then think back to MoP when the Alliance had Pandaren slaves working for them including children and one of the quests for Horde was to rescue them.
    Bad example. The Pandaren the Horde free arn't in chains, they were volunteers and it's implied they are worked too hard and intimidated to stay by the Alliance soldiers. On the Alliance side, the Pandaren didn't want to make a trade with the Horde, so they kidnapped their children and locked them up with magic. If anything, this proves the Horde are worse.

But it seems the moral equivilancy is considered 'canon' by Blizz, so I guess it doesn't matter what I see in game. As Brack said at the WoW announcement something like "Horde, you came to Azeroth in search of nothing more than a home". I guess it's mean old civilians of Stormwind who just don't respect the "searching" process of the Orcs that involves copious amounts of murder. Bunch of racists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Horde does not seem evil to me, nor does the Alliance seem good. Both groups are trying to do what is best for their people while working around (or through) a history of mutual conflict and the traumas of war. There are elements within both the Horde and the Alliance that have been and probably currently are evil - elements with either hostile intent for the other faction or agents of third parties working to cause unrest and dissent. There are leaders in both the Horde and Alliance willing to use the legacy of war to further, or to justify, their own hostilities with the opposing factions for a variety of reasons.

Moral judgment of the factions largely depends on one's perspective - experiencing the game from the Horde side, the Alliance side, or taking the wide view and tying to reconcile both sides of the experience.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I KNOW The Horde is not evil, on account of having played it for years and years and leveling numerous characters through Horde quest content.

Horde are not evil. But they are invaders by necessity. Now that they are in Azeroth, there are some that want to seize power within the Horde. and use that to conquer the world.

Then again, Arthas too sought to do the same. But in general Alliance is the light and the right... the Horde is the dark and the wrong. But mostly by circumstance. Still they could have tried to ask for a peaceful integration into Azeroth, but instead and because of their warlike nature, chose to seek conquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That was a mirrored quest both sides had it vs the other.
    I know I was just trying to make a point that Alliance aren't all holy and good. They can be just as bad as Horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    The orcs are just refugees who came searching for a new home after their old one was destroyed. The Tauren and Darkspear Trolls are peaceful tribes who just want to coexist with the nature, Blood Elves and Forsaken were abandoned by their brethren in the Alliance after their transformations. I don't think the Pandaren ever did anything wrong. Nothing wrong with any of that.

The Horde isn't evil, only singular leaders like Garrosh and perhaps Sylvanas are.

Oh, and then there are the greedy goblins who do nothing but fuck over others for money and ruin the environment while doing so. But the rest of the Horde is fine. And this is coming from a long time Alliance player.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanikSky View Post
    Bad example. The Pandaren the Horde free arn't in chains, they were volunteers and it's implied they are worked too hard and intimidated to stay by the Alliance soldiers. On the Alliance side, the Pandaren didn't want to make a trade with the Horde, so they kidnapped their children and locked them up with magic. If anything, this proves the Horde are worse.

But it seems the moral equivilancy is considered 'canon' by Blizz, so I guess it doesn't matter what I see in game. As Brack said at the WoW announcement something like "Horde, you came to Azeroth in search of nothing more than a home". I guess it's mean old civilians of Stormwind who just don't respect the "searching" process of the Orcs that involves copious amounts of murder. Bunch of racists.
    Well even still my point was proven that Alliance aren't total good guys just like Horde aren't totally evil as they have never been. When you rescue them they are scared shitless of the Alliance because of how they made them work as if they were slaves.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-11-17 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde isn't evil but they do have some questionable stuff going on. Blizzard seems to "favor" them to an extent but I feel like because of this they often paint them in a bad way to make the Alliance feel better. I have no backing to this but it is just what I have observed. It doesn't need to be that way and honestly shouldn't.

Deleted
    I wouldn't say horde is evil, but it originates from evil.

I would say they are at least somewhat villainous, not like cartoon world ending threat pure evil types but more like anti-heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Garrosh bombing Theramore was justified after the Horde sending Jaina several messages to GTFO it's dangerous and you don't belong here.
    that doesnt sound to justified

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde as a whole is not evil. Sylvanas, on the other hand ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I KNOW The Horde is not evil, on account of having played it for years and years and leveling numerous characters through Horde quest content.
    Well, that does not prove anything - you could be evil as well.

there are evil and good people on both sides, saying that a whole faction is either good or evil is like saying all Muslims/Americans are evil.

Deleted
    For the Alliance.

They were conceived as the evil faction, which was apparent by the fact that they only had the ugly monster races before TBC. Up until that point the faction imbalance was also staggering, since fewer and fewer people wanted to play them. Some people were going on about some lines in a novel that tries to paint the horde - mostly the orcs - as noble etc. but in reality nothing they did was particularily honorable. The biggest fans were always the ones behaving like the nerdy version of drunken football fans, further lending credence to that .

These days the horde is just the plot device to keep the pvp shit roling (a bit) or to fall back on their default non-story when they run out of developed characters to kill off in PvE. Some characters have been somewhat developed to give some credibiity to the horde not being entirely evil. No this roile falls to individuals or ass-pull sub factions, one became a boss 2 addons ago and another is going to be the plot device for the next expansion .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-17 at 04:07 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Silverpine.
    Then again, that's just Sylvanas, not the whole Horde. Garrosh ended up being overthrown by his own people because he was an evil leader. Leading a group doesn't automatically mean you represent the whole group.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    The "original" Horde I would consider evil, invading a world that isn't yours attempting to conquer it. The modern day Horde is not evil, but is generally seen as the bad guys because you keep putting evil people in charge.
    Half of the races' history is invading X in attempt to conquer it. Trolls? Check. Elves? Check. Humans? Check. Orcs? Check. Probably the only guys who never invaded anyone's shit to conquer it are Tauren and Draenei, and maybe Gnomes/Dorfs, although I'm not sure about these. And Pandaren, unless you ask the Mantid, but nobody gives a shit about the Mantid.

This is why I cba with the entire "zomg, evil races killing others for Lebensraum" in a fantasy world where everyone's constantly killing someone for Lebensraum.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Well, that does not prove anything - you could be evil as well.
    I rescue the humans buried at the Hillsbrad Undead hub rather than smack them over the head.

When playing Black And White, areas under my influence sparkle and shimmer thanks to my treatment of my subjects.

'nuff said. :3