Poll: Favourite soulsborne games

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What is your favorite of the five soulsborne games?

Hello champions, good to see you, as always!

So, I've been playing Dark Souls 3. It's...okay, so far, at least in my eyes. Need to play it more to really have a definitive opinion, which is something that people tend to have with the souls games! And I want to hear yours.

What is your favourite of t he five soulsborne games? And why?

Mine is, without a doubt, Dark Souls 1 - mostly because it was the first one that I've played, and that is a common factor when discussing favourite Souls games. I think that the level design was great, the difficulty was right on point (some parts were bullshit, like the Anor Londo archers, but hey) and the NPCs and bosses were super memorable.

Your turn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodborne, DS3, Nioh, DS1, DS2 Demon's Souls
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Well, I haven't played DS2 yet really, or Demon's Souls.

But I'd have to give it to Bloodborne. I enjoyed how its a bit more fast paced, and they trade out the shield for the parry system with the gun.

Bloodborne by a mile, Its the only game of the Soulsborne series I have 100% (platinumed).

Second would go to Dark Souls 3 fallowed by Demon's Souls even tho I haven't finished it yet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    While I owned Demon's Souls, I never played it. Dark Souls was my first taste, and still one of my favorites. I never completed DS2 and while I own DS3, I also haven't touched it. Never played Bloodborne as I don't own a PS4 yet. I dunno, of the two I've played I think DS2 might be my favorite to play, but DS1 has a spot because it was my first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Bloodborne no question. Demon's is great because like bb its the end of the world going on while Dark Souls is exploring the aftermath of a world running on fumes but bb is a more focussed experience. Its why there are no classes just 'the hunter' who you just tweak what weapons they use. Amazing combat, music, art style and story and its a solid story about infertile aliens and mans inhumanity to man that doesnt require a dozen youtube videos of a fob going "but... perhaps" to sad piano music its just clear and well thought out lovecraftian horror. and the real deal about mans insignificance in the comsos not just "omg cthuluface xD" modern lovecraft through a pop culture lens.

Beaten all the souls games multiple times but beaten BB the most just because i love playing it so much.
    For comparison s sake i'd say Demon's is a runner up but its very easy, dark souls 1 has a strong first half but the second half is complete trash, dark souls 2 is really solid or build variety and pvp but boss variety really suffers even if its got better music and working set piecs over DS1 with a better NG+. Of all of them DS3 is the weakest. Bad, conflicting systems that end up redundant, so many recycled bosses and ideas and utterly reliant on "HEY REMEMBER DS1? AND MEMES? XDDDDD" and feels like an unnecessary marketing venture not made for the love of the ip but because it was a money maker and ironically feels like a soulless timewaste.

I would also throw in The Surge above DS3 and Nioh above DS2.

Deleted
    I have not played bloodborne or demon´s souls yet, it is gonna take a while until i can play them on PC, although demon´s is quite close.
    I would also add Nioh, playing it at the moment.
    DS the best, then DS3 and then DS2, in any case great games all of them.

All you bloodborne fans are just like all the wrath babies.

Dark souls 1 all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to go Bloodborne with and close tie between Dark Souls 1 & 2. Dark Souls 1 was amazing, but DS2 was really good despite all the crap it got. Plus I replayed it the most because it had, in my opinion, the most variety in potentially effective builds.

But Bloodborne takes the top spot for me. The gothic setting scratches a particular itch, and add in Eldritch Horror and you have a VERY unique combo that there is a surprising lack of in the market. Plus the game can basically be seen as Castlevania-esque game, and we have not had a true Castlevania game in forever. I love this game.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosshadow View Post
    This comment makes zero sense..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    DS3 -> Nioh -> Bloodborne then the rest. I enjoy DS3/Nioh/Bloodborne so much that the others are mostly irrelevant in my eyes.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

This is pretty tough honestly. I think I would give bloodborne the slight edge as the one I had the most fun with. DS1 and DS3 pretty much tied, I think I personally enjoyed DS1 more but cooping with my wife on DS3 was really fun. DS2 a distant last place, still a good game but I have no where near the memories of it like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosshadow View Post

Dark souls 1 all the way.
    Pssh and you're nothing but a TBC baby. I was playing KINGS FIELD. The real OG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Hello champions, good to see you, as always!

So, I've been playing Dark Souls 3. It's...okay, so far, at least in my eyes. Need to play it more to really have a definitive opinion, which is something that people tend to have with the souls games! And I want to hear yours.

What is your favourite of t he five soulsborne games? And why?

Mine is, without a doubt, Dark Souls 1 - mostly because it was the first one that I've played, and that is a common factor when discussing favourite Souls games. I think that the level design was great, the difficulty was right on point (some parts were bullshit, like the Anor Londo archers, but hey) and the NPCs and bosses were super memorable.

Your turn!
    Honestly, My favorite would have to be Bloodborne. Dark Souls 3 was actually my first (if we're not counting the Kings Field series) and I fell in love and immediately regretted not playing the series sooner.

I loved it. The bosses were great the zones fun to traverse, etc. I finished it and both DLCs. I went out and bought Bloodborne the SECOND I beat DS3. It took me a bit to get used to, but the game was on another level.

When shit goes down mid-game it was even better. I felt almost terrified that the world changed and was nothing like I knew.

I was sad when the game was over.

Because of this, I bought DS2 SotFS. I found the games boss fights trivial (I am on the last DLC now, FUCK YOU FUCKING DEATH UNICORNS), but I did find that the areas are generally much harder than DS3/BB.

I don't know if I'll try Demon/Dark souls 1 because of graphically fidelity, but if they ever do remaster it on current gen I will 100% get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know everyone is saying Bloodborne is the greatest Soulsborne, but I don't own a PS4 and I don't see the reason to buy one for just 1 game. Maybe I will in the future when I can get a used one for like 50-80 euros or whatever.

So in my eyes DS1 > DeS > DS2 > DS3.

DS1 is the closest I've come to experiencing an action RPG as grand and as perfect as Zelda. The level design and how everything connects and how the shortcuts work, the atmosphere, the immense world full of wonders and things I've never seen before, the lore, the gameplay, and finally the shock you feel by how little it cares about holding your hand. It is, by all accounts, absolute perfection and an essential gaming experience. I will never experience Artorias, Ornstein and Smough and Manus for the first time ever again, and this hurts .

The follow ups are good, DS2 is REALLY good even despite its obvious flaws, but DS3 fell flat for me except for the final DLC and some key areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I don't know if I'll try Demon/Dark souls 1 because of graphically fidelity, but if they ever do remaster it on current gen I will 100% get it.
    DS1's graphics hold out if you mod it with dsfix to play it in really high res.

DeS is becoming emulatable at a very fast pace (it's already playable for the most part with some hiccups), so I would guess you could play that at high res if your pc is decent enough. Of course do buy the game to support FROM we NEED them to make more games.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also extremely excited to play Nioh, gotta finish Breath of the Wild first though.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-11-17 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I know everyone is saying Bloodborne is the greatest Soulsborne, but I don't own a PS4 and I don't see the reason to buy one for just 1 game.
    So, just as a sidenote, I totally bought the PS4 when Bloodborne came out specifically for Bloodborne. It was one of the few times where the hype I had built for myself for the game was not a let down (and actually exceeded my expectations). I'm not saying go out and buy a PS4...but it might not be the worst decision. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    So, just as a sidenote, I totally bought the PS4 when Bloodborne came out specifically for Bloodborne. It was one of the few times where the hype I had built for myself for the game was not a let down (and actually exceeded my expectations). I'm not saying go out and buy a PS4...but it might not be the worst decision. =)
    I know, just spending close to 150 euros for a used ps4 + bb seems kinda overkill.

DS1's graphics hold out if you mod it with dsfix to play it in really high res.

DeS is becoming emulatable at a very fast pace (it's already playable for the most part with some hiccups), so I would guess you could play that at high res if your pc is decent enough. Of course do buy the game to support FROM we NEED them to make more games.

I'm also extremely excited to play Nioh, gotta finish Breath of the Wild first though.
    Appreciate the insight - I do a lot of PC Gaming, but ironically this type of stuff I like on the console. it's weird I know, but I'll take a day off work, go downstairs in front of the big tv, all lights off and game all night into morning binging souls.

Nioh was fun. I enjoyed the base game and some of the boss fights were really cool, but the AI felt not as sharp as DS3 boss AI (I played Nioh after DS3/BB, but before DS2).

If you really like Zelda games, I recommend Alundra, It's an old school PSX game.. It's gfx hold up pretty well and it's honestly harder than any Zelda game I've ever played and holds to the formula pretty well.

Sidebar - if you want to hear my wishlist I want them to collaborate with Capcom and make an evolution of Mega Man X series in the Souls formula. I'd pay big money for that.

Deleted
    Well i think you are gonna enjoy it quite a lot, seeing as how you mention the orstein and smough fight as one of your favourites, i can tell you the other day i had a similar feeling when fighting the second boss of Nioh, a very satisfying boss encounter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I seriously thought about doing this, but it is not the game quality that stopped me from doing it, but the resolution and FPS console specifics, well that and also the fact that i do clearly remember that DS1 with just 2-3 mods, went from unplayable to amazing in PC.

I've only played Demon's Souls and the first two Dark Souls. Out of them the first Dark Souls is the easy winner. Gameplay feels better than in Demon's Souls, and the world is superbly designed, one of the best if not the best I've seen in video games. It's also a big factor for me that it's mostly one cohesive entity. It's a work of art, illustrated by this actual piece of art.

Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Nioh are waiting for me to finish Dark Souls 2. It's taken a long time, since I'm playing through it with a friend and we're both busy adults.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2017-11-20 at 01:06 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.