Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    Why with a pet? Cant do it without the pet?
    get out. Its bad enough as a pet class one of our specs don't use a pet now you are suggestion an 2/3 specs of a PET class not have a pet?

*(*(^ off.

Deleted
    I'm not saying that, i'm saying it as a talent or not, that u can choose. And also because of the name, why a SURVIVAL need a pet and not a marksmanship? Why one yes and the other don't?

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    I'm not saying that, i'm saying it as a talent or not, that u can choose. And also because of the name, why a SURVIVAL need a pet and not a marksmanship? Why one yes and the other don't?
    Because the fantasy of Survival is a tracker using a pet. Lone Wolf should be baseline for MM, BM and Surv are built around pets and it makes sense for them.

If you want to play an arms warrior, play an arms warrior.

NO! Survival needs to go back to how it was. Melee hunters are ridiculous!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Because the fantasy of Survival is a tracker using a pet. Lone Wolf should be baseline for MM, BM and Surv are built around pets and it makes sense for them.

If you want to play an arms warrior, play an arms warrior.
    I don't want a warrior, i want a melee hunter. Don't a marksmanship need a pet for tracking? So a Survival yes and a Marksmanship dont?

With what they did to sv it should go back to being ranged. It’s currently a disappointment. It needs to be ranged withheld a ton of melee options. Till then enjoy mediocrity
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly off-topic, but despite still being salty about the changes to survival, I don't think it will revert back to the old ranged class most of us still love and want back any time soon. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Blizz is gonna keep it as-is (hopefully with some QoL improvements, streamlined rotation, toggle for throwing traps at target vs. location, etc.) for at least another expansion before they even consider changing it back. Just don't see the point complaining about something that won't change, but I DO feel that hunters have always been tied to having pets. It's the main reason my first two classes I rolled were warlock and then hunter back in BC.

While I can accept a segment of the hunter population interested in the solo-archer fantasy (imho, not necessarily a hunter mind you), I would like to see all specs be viable with/without pets, as I did not roll a hunter to not have a pet at my side. Inb4, "well you can play BM or SV if you want a pet....cuz reasons...." Frankly, I don't care, I actually like pet classes and refuse to play as 'lone wolf' even if its a superior build. I don't mind having an AOE vs. ST build , but I hate being punished for wanting to bring a pet.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Really mongoose is the only problem I have with the spec and mabye how squishy it is. If they changed or took out mongoose bite I’d be a lot happier with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    We are the ranged survival hunters, the TRUE survival hunters! We die, bloody and thrashing on the field of battle, like true hunters should! You are a hunter no longer, and speak for none but yourself. You betrayed our people to forge your fragile melee spec, and I will take great pleasure in tearing it apart.

I won't let MY people starve to death on the forums. I will stop at nothing - NOTHING - to ensure a proud and glorious future for ranged survival hunters and anyone with the courage to stand with us.
    So are you going to not get rangers hunters back after a self Righteous dick says it’s all your fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    You can use @Player macros for the traps.

When holding shift it casts the trap as normal with targeting required. When not holding shift, you just automatically throw the trap at your feet. Hope this helps.
    /cast [mod:shift] [@ player] Explosive Trap

(remove the space after the @ sign, space is required to keep forum from changing it)
    NEEDING macros to play your spec/rotation to make it feel less terrible is a terrible design and further proof it needs fixed.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    yea for some reason no current SV hunter understands this.
    What’s there to understand they change specs almost every expan that doesn’t mean they should bend to your whim because you don’t don’t like a change.

I have no problem with the current SV...in fact, I have never even played it as I do not even acknowledge it as a spec. Hey, if those 3 people in the world want to play a squishy melee instead of one of the far superior classes built for melee from the ground up, that is their prerogative. I am perfectly happy playing the other two real hunter ranged physical dps specs with and without pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfiend76 View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but despite still being salty about the changes to survival, I don't think it will revert back to the old ranged class most of us still love and want back any time soon. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Blizz is gonna keep it as-is (hopefully with some QoL improvements, streamlined rotation, toggle for throwing traps at target vs. location, etc.) for at least another expansion before they even consider changing it back. Just don't see the point complaining about something that won't change, but I DO feel that hunters have always been tied to having pets. It's the main reason my first two classes I rolled were warlock and then hunter back in BC.

While I can accept a segment of the hunter population interested in the solo-archer fantasy (imho, not necessarily a hunter mind you), I would like to see all specs be viable with/without pets, as I did not roll a hunter to not have a pet at my side. Inb4, "well you can play BM or SV if you want a pet....cuz reasons...." Frankly, I don't care, I actually like pet classes and refuse to play as 'lone wolf' even if its a superior build. I don't mind having an AOE vs. ST build , but I hate being punished for wanting to bring a pet.
    No, Blizzard is far too proud to admit they made a mistake with Survival. I’m hopeful they will scrap it all eventually but it won’t be this expansion.

I definitely agree with the pet thing, could do some sort of buff/debuff thing again with the pet that makes sense to keep the pet around

Agreed with OP on the principles but I think surv doesn't need to be more "meaty". Survival shouldn't be tanky I think their survivability should come from them being master kiters, improved feign death, baseline camo, traps, nets, roots, slows, flash grenades, smoke screens, caltrops and so on.

Basically Survival for hunters shouldn't mean they can take the beating, it should mean they can avoid the beating by being slippery and annoying. I hope blizzard has more guts to push them into that direction next expansion and let survival hunters have this niche (I love this spec fantasy).

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Let the melee hunter fans play melee hunter. You have 2 other ranged specs to choose from.
    Even if I really liked SV always and played it all the way since WotLK, this statement is true. Maybe we could have also melee mages so melee mage fans could play it. And... and I really would like to play ranged warrior! It was even there in WotLK, I remember them having guns.

Maybe each class should have Melee, ranged and either tank or healer spec. More fans for different specs, right? BM could be our pet tanking spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What’s there to understand they change specs almost every expan that doesn’t mean they should bend to your whim because you don’t don’t like a change.
    False equivalency. No spec was ever changed as much as SV was. SV was flat-out changed to something attracting an entirely different audience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    False equivalency. No spec was ever changed as much as SV was. SV was flat-out changed to something attracting an entirely different audience.
    sure tis a bigger chance but you can say any change to any spec was for a different audience. i didn't want combo points on my paladin so that was for a different audience. i didn't want sub to have like 4 ability and a change to shadow dance so that was for a different audience. i did want warlocks to drop meta and have more of a focus on demons so that was for a different audience.

almost any big class change can change the audience of that class this is no different.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2017-11-18 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It is staying. They specifically said that there would be no major spec overhauls in BFA.
    The front page actually has an interview where the devs specifically single out Survival & Demonology for major changes in BfA

Deleted
    Bring back mop sv,win win

It'd be cool if they gave Survival a ranged weapon again and made it into a hybrid like it should be considering vanilla hunters were like this

I liked the ranged dot spec of survival the best of all. I still play hunter, but it doesn't feel that great. Not a fan of the pet AI.

If they gave mm the dots and movement and kept survival melee I would be happy. Then I could play ranged hunter as I like it the best and the melee hunters could keep their melee version.

If I could choose all 3 would be ranged as I have all classes at max level and have plenty of good melee options from those.

I have tried melee survival, but I like it simple and survival has too much going on. Tone it down several notches. If they made it a tank spec I would greet it welcome.
    be aware, be awake, and you won't be fake