Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like them to either add a glyph that lets you run around with Hati (purely cosmetic) or a toy. That way, those that like Hati, can keep it, but won't have any impact in dps output. Hati can run up and "attack" whatever you are fighting, but won't actually deal any damage.

There'll probably be a BM talent that allows you to bring out a second pet or something along those lines. You could even get a wolf and call it Hati!

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And it doesn't have to be baseline, making it a talent would be totally fine - similarly to how Lone Wolf works with MM, optional and mathematically superior but still with the option to do it differently if you absolutely prefer it that way.
    Yeah, NO. Having 2 pet's at once is immensely annoying. And I like MM designed around HAVING a pet, just as It had for almost a decade.

No more bughati...time for a feralari!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every single time instead of Hati I read Haiti.....

So the thread title confused me...

Off I go.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    RIP Hati - Hati in BfA

Ion -Hati is very closely tied to Titanstrike, unlikely to be carried forward forever.

This disappoints me greatly i was hoping we could untie Hati from its bond with titainstrike and be able to keep her forever but it looks like we wont. So when titanstrike is retired so will she.

Iam a sad panda
    Once again, Ion, hater of fun, gets rid of something that players like.

Hopefully they change the stance on this in the future, allowing Hati to be a tameable pet or at least a skin.

Blizz could work this around in a questline when we get rid of our artifact weapons.

Like we could go to Mimiron and Thorim who say that they have found a way to release her spirit from the gun and allow her to live and when she is free we can then tame her. With Thorim saying that she belongs to us now it could be very touching and a great way to end the artifact weapon.

Hati is awful. Hopefully they give us a quest to take it out behind the hunters lodge and shoot it. The load delays, pathing issues and slow movement are just some of the reasons this shitty dog needs to be put down. I am all for them giving BM a small army of pets, but they need to sort out how they will work in game first.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The "Hati" they're removing is the buggy 2nd pet that's summoned via the Artifact weapon. Personally I think that's why it was so frustratingly buggy, it wasn't truly another pet that we could control, more like a permanent Dire Beast. Still confounds me why they didn't just give an actual controllable 2nd pet.

Optimistically hoping they fixed/cleaned the code related to a 2nd pet (or will have to by next expansion's release) and it will be a real pet with real abilities and "Hati the beta 2nd pet" will die in peace.
    ----------------------------------
    Aorus Xtreme
    5950x
    k|ngp|n 3090
    128g Ballistix
    33 fans

People actually like this clunky POS mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    People actually like this clunky POS mechanic?
    Aren't you 2cool and 2edgy

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    Still confounds me why they didn't just give an actual controllable 2nd pet.
    Technical reasons. I doubt it's very easy to just add a whole UI etc. for multiple pet control. It's probably an inordinate amount of work for a feature with very limited applications.

IF they ever go with double pet options for hunters, I would very much expect the second pet to not be under direct control. Probably mirroring the controls of the first pet, or just be on an autonomous script like Hati.
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Yeah, NO. Having 2 pet's at once is immensely annoying. And I like MM designed around HAVING a pet, just as It had for almost a decade.
    I think having 2 pets is great flavor. I dislike MM having pets, and am glad they've improved it by adding the option to run without one.

Preferences differ. SOMEONE will end up displeased. That's just reality. And you can still run MM with a pet, you know. It's a bit of a damage loss, but much less so than it would have previously been if you just decided not to use a pet. It's the better compromise.
    Last edited by Biomega; 2017-11-18 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    Blizz could work this around in a questline when we get rid of our artifact weapons.

Like we could go to Mimiron and Thorim who say that they have found a way to release her spirit from the gun and allow her to live and when she is free we can then tame her. With Thorim saying that she belongs to us now it could be very touching and a great way to end the artifact weapon.
    This.

As crude as the mechanic of Hati was in the beginning, it's working now. So come on, don't hate this beautiful wolve for nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Thank god!!!
    This..+1

(not to mention, Blizz pet A.I. is at least pathetic, more precisely abysmal...and then they gave an extra....priceless)

good i hate hati and i hate having 2 pets

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They also said that having multiple pets is something that might happen in the future.
    It needs to. The spec is not a "Beastmaster". You have one pet, one spirit animal that's connected to the weapon, and one ability to summon 1 beast.

I think all the BM attacks should have a pet summon as part of it. Cobra Shot...summons a cobra. But you can't go by me. I also think BM should have been the melee spec.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You can never please everyone.
    In this case, you absolutely can... Talents could easily cover this for every spec.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    In this case, you absolutely can... Talents could easily cover this for every spec.
    Theoretically, but I doubt they'd make talents that are 100% equal in performance just one with pet(s) and one without. That seems improbable both historically and because of balancing.

We already have things like Lone Wolf, but it's a DPS loss - so MMs who like pets are complaining even though they technically do have the option to go with a pet. I guess people want their cake and eat it, too.

100% equality across all preferences is just a pipe dream, it's never going to happen and it's an unrealistic expectation.

Big shame. Some class specs artifact abilities will become a talent choice in BFA. The same should be for beast master. Talent Hati could serve as single target or AoE pet.

Good riddance. Buggy piece of shit.

I don't want a second pet in the future either.