Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No its not, you haven't played it. you do not know anyhting about it. Next

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So you're worrying about pretty much nothing. There won't be any big zone rework, and we don't know enough about Warfronts to know what impact they have on the story.
    I am simply pointing out a flaw that's been around since at least MoP, if not earlier. Arathi highlands is confirmed to be reworked, since that is the location of the first warfront. If they continue with that mechanic, I'm sure other zones will get some work done as well.

Also, Teldrassil and UC are being destroyed, so the proportion of humans and orcs is still getting larger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    No its not, you haven't played it. you do not know anyhting about it. Next
    I'm pointing out a concern and am willing to discuss it, in hopes of giving constructional critiscism. What I know is what the developers have talked about, what I've seen from the preview and what has been done in previous expansions.

Your comment is dumb and brings nothing to this discussion. Next
    Last edited by Beastnar; 2017-11-17 at 05:21 PM.

to blizzard "focusing on factions" means stormwind blue humans vs. orgrimmar red orcs its just how it always is. idk why they dont see there is more interesting stuff in their setting. they are just going for the lowest common denominator stuff that they can be sure everyone recognizes

stromgarde is going to be the only warfront at launch and quite possibly for all of bfa. we won't see any fighting on kalimdor and it won't be mentioned because those are night elf places not blue stormwind humans. they blew up the night elf city so the humans would have an excuse to fight orcs.

sylvanas gets to be in the spotlight at least but you know we saw more of the night elves and the gnome guy in his little robot in legion than we will through all of this "faction war" expansion

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they forget the storylines from Legion with all the Deatknight Bolvar buildup, id be sad to see it pushed in a corner and forgotten

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well, Orcs did start the Horde and Humans did start the Alliance.

Lets also not forget that there probably just is more Orcs and Humans than anything else population wise on each side that are actually willing to fight on the frontlines. That's their expertise. Gnomes and Goblins aren't gonna run in to battle. LOL.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-18 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnar View Post
    As much as horde vs alliance is the underlying theme of the whole game, Blizzard clearly favor orcs vs humans. The game is way too narrow regarding the presence of other races in Azeroth or wherever the story is located. They need to give other races some love, and show that each faction is composed of several races. It is so boring and repetitive to always find the next hub to be orc-themed for horde players and human-themed for allies.

I main an undead, and as much as the undead are a part of the horde, I don't play it for the sake of them being horde, but rather because I like their looks, theme, architecture, etc. Now they are basically wiped off the maps, and it wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard built Orgrimmar 2 in the ruins of Undercity.

If Blizzard wants all the other races of the alliance and horde to feel some connection to their faction, then they better make them visible by having some hubs be themed with race specific buildings of races other than humans and orcs. Just placing a blood elf in an orc building isn't enough.

With the new warfront thing or whatever it turns out to be, it would make sense to make the horde's hub undead-themed or maybe even blood elf-themed, considering it is in Arathi Highlands. All I see is more and more humans and orcs.
    I love how the OP complains about it always being about Orcs vs Humans then discloses that he/she mains an Undead. Have you not been paying any attention to all of the Undead vs Worgen lore that's been showing up recently? Seriously, I might understand you complaining if you played a Tauren or Gnome or something, but the Undead have been a major focus lately.

7+ Year Old Account
    the idea is not bad, the execution is bad

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyiandris View Post
    I think vanilla and TBC got this aspect of racial representation spot on. Just check the questings hubs in Outland:
    Hellfire peninsula: human, orc, blood elf, draenei
    Zangarmarsh: draenei x2, troll, neutral night elf
    Terokkar Forest: neutral draenei, human/high elf, orc
    Nagrand: draenei, mag'har orc
    Blade's Edge mountains: gnome, night elf, neutral night elf, orc, mag'har orc, ogre
    Netherstorm: goblin, ethereal
    Shadowmoon valley: orc, dwarf, blood elf and draenei
    Sunwell island: blood elf with draenei presence

As much as questing sucked in those zones, the racial representation was really good. WotLK got most of this right too, albeit with a growing emphasis on orc and human, but it was in Cata that the orc vs human thing really took hold again.
    This is why tbc still felt very vanilla 2.0 imo. Goblins in netherstorm was pre nice touch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I love how the OP complains about it always being about Orcs vs Humans then discloses that he/she mains an Undead. Have you not been paying any attention to all of the Undead vs Worgen lore that's been showing up recently? Seriously, I might understand you complaining if you played a Tauren or Gnome or something, but the Undead have been a major focus lately.
    I agree with you, there are races that are way worse off than the forsaken. Yes they got a small presence in the form of Stormheim, and that's definitely a step in the right direction, but that's not really a major focus. The main focus has been around Sylvanas and her storyline rather than the forsaken race and their presence in the game. Seeing a racial leader doesn't make up for the race having a major focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziers View Post
    I just hope they forget the storylines from Legion with all the Deatknight Bolvar buildup, id be sad to see it pushed in a corner and forgotten
    I think you forgot a "don't" in there.

Orcs vs. Humans, but everybody gonna be a prancing sparkly elf.
    Oh aye.