Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    What is fun is subjective, and really if players had complete freedom with everything they call "fun", then the game wolud have no enforced rules at all and could be botted and trivialised away by every player without consequence.
    Stupid statement.
    Ah yes of course, being able to use the transmog one has optained in more than the narrow way blizzard envisioned it is akin to botting. I hope you don't think you are smart for coming up with the comparison, beause I'm sorry to say, if my stament was stupid, your's wasn't even there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Ah yes of course, being able to use the transmog one has optained in more than the narrow way blizzard envisioned it is akin to botting. I hope you don't think you are smart for coming up with the comparison, beause I'm sorry to say, if my stament was stupid, your's wasn't even there yet.
    You couldn't use these appearances in your other specs to begin with; why assume that you should be able to later?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If you are going to use the "fun police" excuse, then you have proven already who is the one with the stupid statement.
    Don't decide that because YOU find something fun, that blizzard are simply wrong for disagreeing with you.
    If you don't like a game not dictating to your every single whim, go do your own where you have complete freedom as you please.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You couldn't use these appearances in your other specs to begin with; why assume that you should be able to later?
    And a good point here.
    There was nothing taken away by it, so why are they killing fun, when said fun wasn't there to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I said I had hoped blizzard might open them up to the whole class (or maybe further if I had the choice) when the expansion is over, I never said that I assumed them to do that. On the contrary, I actually feared that they might restrict things further (or just outright kill it knowing them) because they are blizzard. Afaik as long as you could wear it transmog was never otherwise spec restricted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydindril View Post
    People only complain for the sake of complaining.

You are currently playing an entire expansion where it is indeed the case, that you can only equip the Artifact which belongs to your spec.
    WHY the fuck would you change that beyond Legion?!

This just does not fit spec fantasy at all. I would never want to equip that weird "Barrel on a stick"-Artifact Brewmaster Monks wear on my Mistweaver. It. does. not. fit.
    Beyond this expansion these artifacts aren't gonna be relevant. If I wanna use the fist of Ra-den Dual wielded on my shaman if I find agility fist weapons why shouldn't I be able to? Or if I switch to elemental why shouldn't I be able to keep using doomhammer? I worked for some of these appearances.

This is actually a bigger issue for casters anyway because they aren't as reliant on one weapon. They can switch to staves or one handers. The weapons they worked for can't be displayed if they're in the wrong spec even if they get a better weapon in their current spec that's not something that was the same type of weapon that was their artifact? Yeah.. dumb decision.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-11-17 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    They just spend an entire expansion with a huge part all about weapons and the lore tying them to a spec. Obviously some are not quite as strong as others (resto staff vs Fury swords) but it's not surprising they aren't going to immediately brush all that aside.

Maybe a few expansions down the line they'll loosen restrictions, but really, no one should be surprised.

How does it "not make sense"?

Besides, were you not aware of the rather vocal portion unhappy with being locked to specific weapons? Fire mages who wanted stalves, Druids who wanted MH/OH. I'm exited for my fury warrior to hopefully be able to wield 1-handers again instead of giant hunks of metal.
    I m aware, i was frustrated that i couldn't use 2h on my Frost Dk, but hey, Summon Singragosa sold me.

But what i mean was, if they went with locking the appearances to your spec, see this scenario.

I love the frost mage challenge skin, i will use that skin forever, but in BFA i got a Sword/dagger that has better stats, not only i cannot use my Staff appearance but i also can't use any of the Fire mage skins that i unlocked, because they are tied to Fire and vice versa.

There aren't many Warglaive transmogs so basically a Dh is locked to their artifact appearances of the respective specs.

If holy Paladins use 1h/shield, scrap all Silver hand skins because they are all 2H.

If they go on with tied to specs, it will be a system that can cause the player to be unable to use those skins.

Im for to be free for all, the Weapon restriction for each class is already good enough to limit what other can and cannot use.No other class can use Warglaives is a example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

And a good point here.
    There was nothing taken away by it, so why are they killing fun, when said fun wasn't there to begin with.
    They also never said you could use a gear appearance after you got a upgrade pre-transmog, yet they come with a system that allow us to do it.

They never said i would be able to use all my skins on all of my characters, but they never said i wouldn't either.

Like, i played my ass off to get all this skins(im still doing), why can't i enjoy my COSMETIC rewards the way i want?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Khadgar View Post
    Nah just fanart. Here's the original, unfortunately I don't have the artist saved in the name but I'm sure you could reverse search it.

https://imgur.com/a/VgFJc
    Badass fanart nonetheless. Thanks!

Is this a surprise to people. I feel like this was a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    But what i mean was, if they went with locking the appearances to your spec, see this scenario.

I love the frost mage challenge skin, i will use that skin forever, but in BFA i got a Sword/dagger that has better stats, not only i cannot use my Staff appearance but i also can't use any of the Fire mage skins that i unlocked, because they are tied to Fire and vice versa.
    Then you might need to use a different weapon for a while until you get a better staff, or just choose to use the staff anyway. I think I kept my druids fist-weapon from Naxx all throough Ulduar because I wanted to keep using it. It was a caster fist weapon! Eventually in TotC I relented, the upgrade being too much to turn down.

Am I a super-hardcore raider? Nope. But if you are, you'll just have to live with not having yourself look exactly how you want until you get that staff.

There aren't many Warglaive transmogs so basically a Dh is locked to their artifact appearances of the respective specs.
    Uh, no? Not at all? It's almost as if there were swords and axes that could be transmogged over warglaves. You do not have to trransmog artifacts.

If holy Paladins use 1h/shield, scrap all Silver hand skins because they are all 2H.

If they go on with tied to specs, it will be a system that can cause the player to be unable to use those skins.
    Not any worse than locking people into a single weapon-type for an entire expansion.
    They never said i would be able to use all my skins on all of my characters, but they never said i wouldn't either.
    Well, good news, they've just told you now.

Like, i played my ass off to get all this skins(im still doing), why can't i enjoy my COSMETIC rewards the way i want?
    This argument is flimsy, has nothing behind it and does nothing but make you look like a whiny child.

This would be a problem for holy paladins for obvious reasons. Even that aside, this change seems almost spiteful in light of all the compromises that we had to make with having artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Even that aside, this change seems almost spiteful
    This is literally not a change.

Really want my mm hunter to use the bm gun, see no real reason why that can’t be so :/

I don't really understand the spec restriction once they weapon is no longer tied to mechanics- it's not like my hunter didn't do the work to earn the MM bow and interact with the story surrounding it. That doesn't go away if I decide to go Beast Mastery, I'm still Daetur, I still liberated Alleria's bow, I still retrieved Talonstrike, I still bonded with Hati and worked with Mimiron and Thorim- none of those interactions and none of that trust disappears just because I swap specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I don't really understand the spec restriction once they weapon is no longer tied to mechanics- it's not like my hunter didn't do the work to earn the MM bow and interact with the story surrounding it. That doesn't go away if I decide to go Beast Mastery, I'm still Daetur, I still liberated Alleria's bow, I still retrieved Talonstrike, I still bonded with Hati and worked with Mimiron and Thorim- none of those interactions and none of that trust disappears just because I swap specs.
    This is so true. Like being able to use the appearance of the holy paladin artifact as a retribution paladin will not all of a sudden make you something other than what you are, a retribution paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    i think thats more like a gameplay excuse, like your spec that have Alleria s bow would lorewise not be the same 'person' that got Talonstrike
    Bitch Pls

They are unique weapons. They deserve to have a unique approach when it comes to transmogging them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Not really surprising.. I'm more surprised people are actually surprised by this.
    Same here, it makes sense that e.g. Ashbringer would be limited to ret paladins. But I guess people will bitch about anything.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You guys get mad about the strangest things
    Good lord can you people STOP talking about that show? Literally everyone everywhere talks about it and how "you should watch it" and stuff.

Jeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Then you might need to use a different weapon for a while until you get a better staff, or just choose to use the staff anyway. I think I kept my druids fist-weapon from Naxx all throough Ulduar because I wanted to keep using it. It was a caster fist weapon! Eventually in TotC I relented, the upgrade being too much to turn down.
    Good thing we have transmog now and don't need to do that, we can transmog even the weapons we don't want to use to something we enjoy,

Am I a super-hardcore raider? Nope. But if you are, you'll just have to live with not having yourself look exactly how you want until you get that staff.
    Neither am i, but this is a change that affects me and i wish to be changed, if doesn't bother you why are you complaining.
    Uh, no? Not at all? It's almost as if there were swords and axes that could be transmogged over warglaves. You do not have to trransmog artifacts.
    There are 5 glaives one can use outside of artifacts, one from a event and no longer obtainable and the second others would need rng jesus to bless then and get both glaives THEN defeat illidan at the timewalk.So if you are screwed by RNG you are left with 3.

The thing you are missing is the WANT part.I want to transmog to the basic Vengeance skin for my Dh, but if i wanted i need to play only vengeance, but i like playing both specs.
    Not any worse than locking people into a single weapon-type for an entire expansion.
    Whats your point?I also didn't like being stuck to 2 1H.
    Well, good news, they've just told you now.
    Are you familiar with the term Feedback?

This argument is flimsy, has nothing behind it and does nothing but make you look like a whiny child.
    Why?Because im trying to have a discussion as too why Blizzard should take a different approach?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Good lord can you people STOP talking about that show? Literally everyone everywhere talks about it and how "you should watch it" and stuff.

Jeeze.
    Guess you're one of those tv hipsters who won't watch a show unless you're in the first wave huh? You should check it out, you might like it. Stranger things have happened