Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They're currently making pedo sexual assault a partisan issue.

That will happen regardless.
    Point taken. I just want to make sure it actually gets done right since I doubt we'll really have more than one chance at getting rid of trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Point taken. I just want to make sure it actually gets done right since I doubt we'll really have more than one chance at getting rid of trump.
    You're not seeing the big picture. Yes, we want Trump gone. But Trump is not the only issue here. He is a symptom of something much worse. Getting rid of Trump alone won't fix the problem. It won't fix the corrupt institution that put him in there to begin with. It won't get all of the people who actively conspired with Russia to subvert our government. Trump is a minor player here. This is what Mueller is doing, and why he isn't going after Trump right away. Trump will be the last one he goes after.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I think that's a misunderstanding, impeachment isn't a one-time only offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    You're not seeing the big picture. Yes, we want Trump gone. But Trump is not the only issue here. He is a symptom of something much worse. Getting rid of Trump alone won't fix the problem. It won't fix the corrupt institution that put him in there to begin with. It won't get all of the people who actively conspired with Russia to subvert our government. Trump is a minor player here. This is what Mueller is doing, and why he isn't going after Trump right away. Trump will be the last one he goes after.
    I don't think I am missing the big picture at all actually. You have to handle things one step at a time. Obviously I want to fix the things that have led up to Trump. I wouldn't say Trump is a minor player at all though. Maybe he was a minor player. As head of the united states that's not true any more. Mueller is building a case against not only trump but those who are keeping him propped up. But he's not going to be able to fix everything that led up to Trump. There's still his supporters, voter suppression, etc.

I believe the focus should be on Trump right now because he's a national security risk and serves to lower our standing in the world. That doesn't mean I think we should ignore everything else though.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    they should allow the impeachee aka Trump to remove the impeacher if the article doesn't pass. this would get rid of many stupid attempts by nobodies to try and pass meaningless articles.
    The president should never be allowed to remove members of congress like that. Not only because it would interfere with separation of powers in general, but also because it would turn impeachment into even more of a political tool. It is intended to level charges against an official for criminal actions. What you suggest would turn it into an even more potent tool to remove people from office and give the majority party even more power. Right now, Democrats can introduce them and Republicans would decide whether to agree or not on the basis of the actual impeachment. With your rules, they would then weigh between the merit of the actual impeachment and the opportunity to remove those that introduced them. Yes, you said the impeachee would be the one to remove them, but he obviously would only be able to do that if the impeachment fails, so the power ultimately rests with the majority party.

Impeachment already is too political, as the majority party tends to have an incentive to not have their guy impeached, regardless of the offence in question.

You're not seeing the big picture. Yes, we want Trump gone
    Dream on.

I'll just sit here smiling, waiting till 2020...when President Trump will be re elected.:-D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    they should allow the impeachee aka Trump to remove the impeacher if the article doesn't pass. this would get rid of many stupid attempts by nobodies to try and pass meaningless articles.
    Or, if he's so innocent, let the law do it's thing.

If Trump is innocent, then nothing will happen. Why so worried?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Dream on.

I'll just sit here smiling, waiting till 2020...when President Trump will be re elected.:-D
    Yeah.

With a whole ~40% popularity rating.

Sure.
    Putin khuliyo

Lefties just do me a favor. Hold your breath starting now until he is impeached.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    This would have gotten rid of half the Republican legislature during Obama's tenure.

- - - Updated - - -

This would have gotten rid of half the Republican legislature during Obama's tenure.
    good. they should only bring up articles if there is a good chance it would succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Or, if he's so innocent, let the law do it's thing.

If Trump is innocent, then nothing will happen. Why so worried?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.

With a whole ~40% popularity rating.

Sure.
    Not worried it just seems like a waste of time, if its going to fail then dont even bother with it.

Dream on.

If you think Trump has any intention of allowing legitimate presidential elections to take place, you're the one thats dreaming.

Yeah. With a whole ~40% popularity rating. Sure.
    Are these the same polls that said Hillary couldnt lose?:-D

If you think Trump has any intention of allowing legitimate presidential elections to take place, you're the one thats dreaming.
    http://existentialistcowboy.blogspot...ll-cancel.html

A 'national emergency' will provide Bush the raw power he needs to cancel the elections and hold on to even greater executive power.
    https://www.quora.com/Could-Donald-T...-2020-election

Bush will cancel elections! Evidence That Bush Will Cancel Elections & Declare Martial Law
    Bush going to cancel 2008 elections? Will Bush Cancel The 2008 Election?
    Bush threatens martial law! Bush threatened Congress with Martial Law!
    Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Sad.

Dream on.

He'll need even more of Russia's help to get elected and they could always use more evidence for that investigation.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

He'll need even more of Russia's help to get elected and they could always use more evidence for that investigation.
    That nothingburger?

The investigation that has, after what...a year or more, turned up nothing?

Wake me up when they find something of consequence.

*YAWN*

That nothingburger?

*YAWN*
    Weird how that nothing burger only keeps growing each week.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

That nothingburger?

*YAWN*
    Yeah, the "nothingburger" that lead to the arrest of Trump's campaign manager. Totally nothing to see here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Weird how that nothing burger only keeps growing each week.
    It looks like this now.

Oh you mean this?

And the “collusion” charge curiously involves the unusual investigation of Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager from March to June 2016. The raid on his house this month by the FBI suggests that criminal charges are likely. But they appear to pertain to his work as a political consultant for Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and trader in computer processors whose work ended before Trump announced his candidacy. (
    and

And then mention that Yanukovych had been democratically elected in 2010, and that Manafort, who had advised U.S. presidential candidates Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bob Dole, Ferdinand Marcos, Mobuto Sese Seko, and Jonas Savimbi. And that there’s probably nothing illegal about that.
    Sooo..when there is anything substantive, let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...tes/107180898/

Then, the big reveal occurs Monday morning — it’s a nothingburger. Paul Manafort has been investigated by the FBI since 2014. The FBI has been looking to charge him long before Trump was even on the political map.
    and note the following

When Manafort’s ties with a Russia-friendly Ukrainian politician became clear in August 2016, Trump immediately fired him. Then, the FBI raided Manafort’s house over the summer and warned him then that he had a pending indictment. The 12-count indictment does not even mention the Trump campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you mean this?

and

Sooo..when there is anything substantive, let me know.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...tes/107180898/

and note the following
    Are you arguing that Trump hired someone who had a known connection to Russia, before joining the campaign? Have you considered that some people might say that was the point? Claiming that Trump’s campaign manager connected with Russia after the campaign, instead of already having one while joining... doesn’t seem like a point you are trying to make...

Yes, Trump hired a campaign manager who had existing ties to Russia, so deep that the FBI was already investigating him. Are you arguing that Trump is just stupid with people he trusts?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

http://existentialistcowboy.blogspot...ll-cancel.html

https://www.quora.com/Could-Donald-T...-2020-election

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Sad.
    There are no polls that said Hillary couldn't lose.

You linked to an actual conspiracy blog, cool.

- - - Updated - - -

That nothingburger?

*YAWN*
    Papadopoulos' guilty plea has something to talk to you about. Also, the fact that Trump has so many Russian ties in his campaign and cabinet are pretty big things. Especially since they are all being called to testify and talk to the special counsel. Especially the latest revelation that Wikileaks was talking to Kushner and Trump Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you going to show me those polls that said Hillary couldn't lose? I don't remember any polls giving her a 100% chance.

Trump is losing the moderates who voted for him mostly out of distaste for Hillary. He's losing supporters, and he won his first election by a fairly slim margin. I don't see him being capable of doing it again.
    Putin khuliyo