Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    no, because amanthul's acts as a wildcard for all pantheon procs, and for 5/6 healer specs both the raw stats + intellect proc is stronger than the eonar pantheon proc.
    Ok, I was a bit unclear. I meant you will be using *one* of the pantheon trinkets and Velens (so not Sea Star). If Amanthul's is personal loot, it will just be a "good luck getting it"-thing, if it is master lootable, no healer will get it for the first few weeks, as a lot of dps will kill for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    there's a crit/vers neck available which will replace prydaz because prydaz is essentially wasted stats (haste/mastery useless, mastery more so with new 4pc). you will then have to choose between boots, chest, cloak - you'll always use velens future sight.

boots? they are bad, you wont be using much vivify with new tier.
    chest? it's a stat stick only, the equip effect sucks.
    cloak? cloak has bad stats but cloak is minimal item power, so it matters less so, additionally the effect produces a lot of hps

as for which trinkets u wear, i think if you have a 950+ sea star you will keep that, the eonar trinket is pretty bad and amanthul's - like arcanocrystal - isn't great for us, the leech/intellect proc though might make up for it. personally i like the the idea of sea star + velens.
    As of today for me Prydaz shield is worth 50k hps (IF there is enough damage on me) and chi-ji worth about 50-60k hps (counting 1 cast average per 3min).
    The cloak is a 20% chance to proc 1/3 of a normal chi-ji cast per EF use, so on average it's the same hps as the above 1 chi-ji per 3 min IF casting EF on cooldown (that's a big IF)

Haste/mastery are less desirable stats, but not useless (ok, it sucks to not have best stats on ring/neck obviously). I still would decide between boots/cloak/prydaz depending on alternative gear available and encounter specifics (if I had boots and cloak available LOL)
    Last edited by Caprix; 2017-10-26 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    Before going into the BiS discussion we should agree on the playstill that will be used with T21. Heavy RJW and EF reduce both mastery and haste values. The haste value given by Garg indicates that haste is even below mastery but spreadsheet from Geodew gives higher haste value. Live in heroic, I have the impression that haste is not a so bad stat but this difficulty level does not require to have the highest output possible. In the HM case a high haste build allows more burst healing which is sometime useful when your raiders team screw a mechanic and your heal team try to save the day with high burst.

For the moment the T21 is so strong that I think we will become Effuse/SG bots, go back to statue or cocaine bird and will use TFT for a maximum of renewing mist. The Effuse/SG requires haste stacking. Basically you exchange the effectiveness of the cc/vers build for the Eff/SG hpm effectiveness and access to similar burst level than vivify with lower vers and higher haste level.
    A high amount of effuse and SG casts increase the value of mastery. Of curse the T21 is not based on mastery but I think that it will be in a much better place than now because with RJW, casting spells that activate mastery outside renewing mist is an hpm lost. Mastery would still be our worst stat obviously but a less worst stat ^^

Concerning our bis leg. We should not follow blindly any list but calculate the value of different equipments possible with what we have in our bags using Garg or Geodew spreadsheet.
    Imagine you end up with two tendril of revival traits on you weapon once lvl 75. In this case your bis is probably gonna be Petrichor on most of the fights.
    Velen will suffer from the mandatory new leg trinket which put it in competition with the best trinket you have in your bag (and not the second one).
    Prydaz has a lot of secondary stats including cc and haste on top of a 5% additional output from its shield. I don't even see a situation where this neck is not gonna be our best leg
    Sephuz is gonna be awesome with a high amount of haste and cc ... but only if we can activate its effect
    Chest with lots of renewing mist and lots of effuse casts is not so bad with a huge ... 2% additional healing on top of the high amount of stats stats on it.
    Legs as chest can be a good replacement if you get an awesome trinket with leech or end up in a strange RNG situation (TF, leech avoidance,...)
    Nowhere can be used only if you need chest and legs to have your 4PT21 and have a fantastic TF leech gem trinket ^^
    Boots are obviously bad if you cast effuse and SG in place of vivify.
    Other legs are not even worth mentioning

there will be 2 playstyles realistically.

u will choose rjw/chi-ji and sotc (but probably never use it, but the other 2 are equally pointless so it's whatever).

if you use rjw you accept that ur 2/4pc is going to be less of your overall healing done, and that mastery/haste are weaker, so you might just use ReM in between keeping up RJW 100% of the time (which should be the goal) as well as using EF on CD. unsure yet whether it's wise to spend UT procs.

if you use chi-ji you will fill most empty globals (not used for EF, ReM, SG, Movement etc) with vivify.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkal View Post
    I think mistweaver is very fun, I did a H tomb today and enjoyed it a lot. I cant wait to play my mistweaver again.

this guy (Y) (Y) (Y)

Shout out to Peachpies who represented Mistweavers in the finals at Tespa!
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Shout out to Peachpies who represented Mistweavers in the finals at Tespa!
    esports suck for wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    esports suck for wow.
    'Cause "Do WoW Esport = Loose Profit?"

Its a shame the MW Thread in the MMO-Forum consists of cqwrteur, a guy cheering the " US#1 GUILD INVECTIVE" (hope this is irony!) in his sig and some other folks crying all the day about MW performance... Glad all the good guys rerolled :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh the thread is dead because there isn't anything left to discuss.

Everyone knows the state of MW and Blizzards unwillingness to change it. Talking about it is beating a dead horse at this point.

What else could be said that hasn't already been said in some form or another to convince Blizzard to fix MW issues or to get people to play MW in competitive environments without memeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    tbh the thread is dead because there isn't anything left to discuss.

Everyone knows the state of MW and Blizzards unwillingness to change it. Talking about it is beating a dead horse at this point.

What else could be said that hasn't already been said in some form or another to convince Blizzard to fix MW issues or to get people to play MW in competitive environments without memeing?
    Memes are the purest distillation of MW tears at this point.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishyi View Post
    'Cause "Do WoW Esport = Loose Profit?"

Its a shame the MW Thread in the MMO-Forum consists of cqwrteur, a guy cheering the " US#1 GUILD INVECTIVE" (hope this is irony!) in his sig and some other folks crying all the day about MW performance... Glad all the good guys rerolled :-)
    E-sports really suck. 5v5 has been removed. Next is 2v2 and 3v3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Memes are the purest distillation of MW tears at this point.
    MYTA MMOC MONK FORUM MODERATOR PLZ.

#letzbansups
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-11-16 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    cqwrteur gets a lot of hate but I admire his dedication.

He comes in here bumping the dead thread with his lose profit memes and every time he gets banned for it I chuckle and know he'll be back in a few days bumping once again and reminding us of his sups hate.

God speed cqwteur

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    cqwrteur gets a lot of hate but I admire his dedication.

He comes in here bumping the dead thread with his lose profit memes and every time he gets banned for it I chuckle and know he'll be back in a few days bumping once again and reminding us of his sups hate.

God speed cqwteur
    He's right though, make mistweaver the number 1 healer people are gonna have to start taking mistweaver seriously and including them in every talk, blizzard knows their playerbase and they won't do that they will just complain until mistweaver isn't number 1 anymore, so instead of buffing mistweaver and losing profit they are just ignoring us and keeping us in this terrible state, CQ is right,
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    He's right though, make mistweaver the number 1 healer people are gonna have to start taking mistweaver seriously and including them in every talk, blizzard knows their playerbase and they won't do that they will just complain until mistweaver isn't number 1 anymore, so instead of buffing mistweaver and losing profit they are just ignoring us and keeping us in this terrible state, CQ is right,
    Imagine being a real adult person and thinking this is logic and common sense ...

Guess I'll start a constructive discussion.. so, how about the tier 21 bonus, what should it change?

Will mastery's value increase and will people start using TFT with Renewing Mist to proc the tier bonuses?

Friendly reminder of the set bonuses:

I didn't do any ptr testing, but just by reading this, it seems I'd use Effuse just to stack tranquil mist on targets in low damage situations.

Going to change a bit of things obviously, but to what extent?!

I'm curious to know if this will push the legendary bracers or legs above some other legendaries.

We'll find out soon enough.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

If anything it devalues mastery - both 2pc and 4pc don't gain any benefit from a stronger Gusts, they're only activated by it.

Makes haste marginally more useful, but overall I don't see our stats really changing much.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    If anything it devalues mastery - both 2pc and 4pc don't gain any benefit from a stronger Gusts, they're only activated by it.

Makes haste marginally more useful, but overall I don't see our stats really changing much.
    Set bonuses encourage spamming things that proc Mastery, so it'll be much better. Not sure if it will overtake Crit/Vers, but it CERTAINLY won't be devalued.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    It's a meme my dude. Blizzard aren't keeping MW in the shitter just to appease the real healing specs. Blizzard actually think MW are good right now. It's not some grandiose balance conspiracy to increase profits; it's just the result of some retards working at Blizzard licking windows while designing the spec.

It feels like other specs have a lead designer who gets the final say on what goes into a spec and for some reason MW has 8 of them and none of them work together well enough to produce a coherent spec so instead we end up with shit like a tier bonus that functions off mastery but doesn't scale with it, talents that promote a playstyle that isn't viable, legendaries that aren't worth getting, a dps "rotation" that's quite literally 2 buttons and a healing playstyle that's a mix between one-button auto heal AFK spells and targeted spells cost more and heal for less than pretty much all other healers.

Blizzard locked 8 mouthbreakers in a room after WoD and we got 7.0 Mistweavers

Quote Originally Posted by Felixphaeton View Post
    Set bonuses encourage spamming things that proc Mastery, so it'll be much better. Not sure if it will overtake Crit/Vers, but it CERTAINLY won't be devalued.
    Spamming things that proc mastery is already encouraged without that bonus... only once EF (and rjw if talented) are on CD. I don't think this is going to change with this bonus as it doesn't scale at all with mastery, just like 100% of our bonus/free heals.

Are we going to not use all the free stuff, chi burst, artefact procs, leeching etc?
    Are we going to not cast EF when it can be effective?

Nothing really changes. EF> effuse spam is going to be damn mana efficient when not in panic (replace effuse with vivify) mode. I think i'll even keep using mana tea (let's say we get 3 more 4p use over 90s, one use been 6x300% sp (6 target with 2p hots), that's 5400% sp vs the mana saving of 3 renewing mist, 3 vivify and 1/2 EF) for these panic burst moments and spend the saved mana on efficient effuse for more total healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    Spamming things that proc mastery is already encouraged without that bonus... only once EF (and rjw if talented) are on CD. I don't think this is going to change with this bonus as it doesn't scale at all with mastery, just like 100% of our bonus/free heals.

Are we going to not use all the free stuff, chi burst, artefact procs, leeching etc?
    Are we going to not cast EF when it can be effective?

Nothing really changes. EF> effuse spam is going to be damn mana efficient when not in panic (replace effuse with vivify) mode. I think i'll even keep using mana tea (let's say we get 3 more 4p use over 90s, one use been 6x300% sp (6 target with 2p hots), that's 5400% sp vs the mana saving of 3 renewing mist, 3 vivify and 1/2 EF) for these panic burst moments and spend the saved mana on efficient effuse for more total healing.
    I agree. The only thing I am worry about is the massive Overheal comming from 2pc and 4pc. Ok, maybe not while healing a Tank - but when healing a group an additional HoT in connection with a small direct heal could cause massive Overheal if in group with Rdruid and/or HolyP... I was hoping for a shield triggering from 2pc or 4pc, but I burried this hope in a small grave, next to our utility...