Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oumajgad View Post
    What, am I the only vanilla supporter here? No? So I'll use "we".
    Are you that self-appointed representative who speaks for everyone?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Are you that self-appointed representative who speaks for everyone?
    Do you have any arguments or you will whine about semantics all the time?

Oh look, another Vanilla player who states his opinions as though they were fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oumajgad View Post
    Do you have any arguments or you will whine about semantics all the time?
    The fuck? Your entire argument hinges on WE instead of I. This is not semantics. If you don't speak for everyone and just an "I" - whatever you say about this is just your personal opinion and not a fact. You played on private servers for your reasons. Do not pretend it's the same with everyone. So let me reiterate my argument which you failed to counter: when you pay for something you look differently at it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Yes, I'm sure adding a special Quiver slot for Hunters, or a dedicated Soul Shard bag for Warlocks, or even doing away with that bullshit altogether would make the game worse.

It's not as if people cheered those changes for a fucking reason, after all.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Taking longer to do does not equal difficulty on its own.
    Even something taking longer because of interruptions from mobs, that is simply artificial because the fights themselves are not difficult on their own.
    Just slowing things down.

Something taking longer to do because it is difficult would be because you fail the execution.

Immersion is a stupid argument, because it is entirely subjective.
    Flying is immersive for some, ground travel is for some.
    Myself, once I have completed content I do not find going through it again when devoid of most of it's unique or one-off content to be interesting.
    Other people do still find fighting the same increasingly trivial mobs interesting, and while I do not understand it, they feel the way they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Having to do a dungeon to find a special anvil and wait 40 seconds on your craft cast bar makes professions feel immersive and gives a "wow" factor to crafting. Getting people to help you with a dungeon to craft a special item is also a social experience. This is good.
    Rubbish.
    Social is doing something not because it is necessary, but because you want to.
    If someone else is there only because they are needed, then that isn't social.
    If you can solo content, but bring someone else along without agenda, without reward, just because they could benefit.
    Then that is social.

Things took longer, so helping someone often was not easy to quick to do.
    Now it is, but people are less willing despite it being quicker than ever because they "can't find the time".
    No, they find ways to spend time. There is a difference.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-18 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Nah maybe if you're a nolifer. Some people are adults and don't have time for this kind of timesink bullshit in a videogame.
    The nolifers are in for a rude awakening when they realize that people didn't stop playing wow because it became casual but because they grew up and got responsibilities

Idk I think it depends. I am really looking forward to classic for sure, but I will miss the quality of life improvements, not counting LFD / LFG / LFR though. But certain things like the quest log will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blysto View Post
    Idk I think it depends. I am really looking forward to classic for sure, but I will miss the quality of life improvements, not counting LFD / LFG / LFR though. But certain things like the quest log will be missed.
    Huh? What do you mean quest log? Are you talking about the "go there do the quest without reading it" arrow? There was an addon for it, called QuestHelper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Having to do a dungeon to find a special anvil and wait 40 seconds on your craft cast bar makes professions feel immersive and gives a "wow" factor to crafting. Getting people to help you with a dungeon to craft a special item is also a social experience. This is good
    So essentially, make the craft cast 14 hours long and you'll have the most immersive crafting system ever conceived. Yeah, about that.

In your opinion. That being the case, don't speak for everyone on that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Huh? What do you mean quest log? Are you talking about the "go there do the quest without reading it" arrow? There was an addon for it, called QuestHelper.
    What I really ment was the fact that you had to click every quest to track it, and certain quests weren't trackable.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    So essentially, make the craft cast 14 hours long and you'll have the most immersive crafting system ever conceived. Yeah, about that.
    Nah, 40 seconds is the sweet spot. It has diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Taking longer to do does not equal difficulty on its own.
    Even something taking longer because of interruptions from mobs, that is simply artificial because the fights themselves are not difficult on their own.
    Just slowing things down.

Something taking longer to do because it is difficult would be because you fail the execution.
    I'm going to disagree with this in the 'general sense' (not specifically to Vanilla). The longer something takes, the more you introduce potential points of failure, the more points of failure, the more difficult something becomes (margin for error). Not to mention, fatigue, which exacerbates failure rates. A 10 hour fight with nothing but tank railing auto-attacks is hard. Is it fun? No! Good design? No! But it is harder than the exact same fight but 10 minutes long. So it is an element, among many others.

It's the same as playing with 1000 ping, it is harder, it is a form of difficulty...just a shit one.

As for being artificial, I'm curious by what that means. All difficulty in video games are artificial as far as I would understand the concept. Not trying to be pugnacious either, I am literally just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    People didn't mind 13 years ago to invest 200 hours to reach 60(litteraly).

What makes you think, people wants to go throu it, compared to what they are used to now?

I expect the real veterans will enjoy it for the sake of nostalgia, but the majority will fail regardless(even with huge QoL changes, it won't be appealing).
    Then what is the reason private servers are booming demand wise for vanilla?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Then what is the reason private servers are booming demand wise for vanilla?
    Define booming.

There are people still playing Ultima Online.

This is not what quality of life means to me. Quality of life means guild banks and auto loot - not eliminating key RPG elements from the game.

There are things about Classic are I find to be flat out inferior to other versions of the game, and that is what I would like to see changed. NOT the shit you mentioned.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Define booming.

There are people still playing Ultima Online.
    Good point, I have no metrics .. more of a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    The nolifers are in for a rude awakening when they realize that people didn't stop playing wow because it became casual but because they grew up and got responsibilities
    On the other hand, it seems it's already too late for the naysayers to realize that many people were already adults at the time WoW was released and they are just projecting themselves when they speak of "growing up".

I have a question. If the game play is essentially going to be the same as the free vanilla servers that shall not be mentioned, and I'm not into current retail at all, then why do I want to pay $15 a month for it? Just a thought.