Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zecora View Post
    You're not "divine" or any such bullshit. You are nothing but an animal. You life is objectively worth no more than that of a crow or a mouse (in fact, it could be said to be worth LESS, since you probably contribute to ecosystem degradation unlike the aforementioned crow or mouse).

You're not "divine".
    You're not "special".
    You're not part of "God's plan" or any such nonsense.
    You're not worth any more than any other animal you'd care to name.

In short, you're an animal. Just like me, just like the rest of humanity. Anything you claim beyond that is nothing but delusions.
    Keep telling yourself that. However it doesn't make it true

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oh well, if they are so smart it's very easy for them to get out of this situation - they should begin delivering all the insights on their intelligence as if their survival were depending on it - oh wait it DOES depend on it and yet they do nothing but die. Evolutionary speaking it's quite ethical to kill them all to extinction as they are not fit for greater things.
    After they are done making bullet proof vests, they'll hunt humans, because at this point that is what it would take. Nice ideal way to justify wiping out a species.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    That's just taking their intelligence into account. In terms of their ecological niche, elephants are vital to ecosystem. In fact a major reason why geneticists like George Church are working on resurrecting the mammoth or create a qausi-mammoth through inserting genes into the genome of an Asian elephant is because they played such a vital role in maintaining the steppe ecosystems of Siberia which kept the Permafrost frozen.
    Nothing is vital to ecosystem. Ecosystem doesn't care and can do without anything, it will replace the loss with something else, a paradigm will shift and that's it - it will adapt. Resurrecting mammoths has only one goal, fame and Nobel money. There is a reason they died out (no, we didn't eat them all). Imagine what resurrecting Dinosaurs would do! Nothing. They will be contained in a zoo.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    I take back what I said, keep looking in the mirror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    After they are done making bullet proof vests, they'll hunt humans, because at this point that is what it would take. Nice ideal way to justify wiping out a species.
    Wiping out lesser species does not need any justification to begin with. But I guarantee you the moment a single elephant SAYS in plain English "don't shoot me" - humans will stop shooting them.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

the big tusker bull elephants are almost extinct. not because of hunters but because of scummy worthless poachers who kill them to saw off the ivory and sell it to the chinese.
    this has allowed genetically inferior bulls with small tusks to become prominent, and reducing the quality of the general bull population each generation.

protect the big bulls, and let hunters take the small tusk variety. for the improvement of the elephant gene pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wiping out lesser species does not need any justification to begin with. But I guarantee you the moment a single elephant SAYS in plain English "don't shoot me" - humans will stop shooting them.
    No cause they're not human still. Just property.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Partly it's because of his son's love of hunting trophy animals, but it's also very obvious that when Trump went into office his #1 thought above all was that he wanted to undo every single action that Obama took. This is a good example of how far he's going with that. Even orders like this that are pretty common sense that Obama put into place he wants removed. That's the interesting part and makes you wonder what the real motivation is for such a obsessive urge to blindly undo every order that Obama did.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But we should be compassionate with them and treat them with the respect as one of God's creatures, Not going to get into a forbidden subject, but even the bible teaches that. ( Do not muzzle your oxen when they are grinding grain. ) Just something to consider.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a fact. It was a fact yesterday. It'll still be a fact tomorrow, and how you feel about it doesn't make one bit of a difference.

Nothing is vital to ecosystem. Ecosystem doesn't care and can do without anything, it will replace the loss with something else, a paradigm will shift and that's it - it will adapt. Resurrecting mammoths has only one goal, fame and Nobel money. There is a reason they died out (no, we didn't eat them all). Imagine what resurrecting Dinosaurs would do! Nothing. They will be contained in a zoo.
    This is blatantly untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    No, when they have restricted ranges they overpopulate surprisingly quickly.
    They are still endangered since we went from having millions to only a few hundred thousands so I am not sure what you mean "overpopulate surprisingly quick".

10+ Year Old Account
    This is blatantly untrue.
    No, it's true, you just blatantly obtuse. I said in plain text what happens if some species get extinct. They are getting replaced with some other species or not, depending on the conditions. Ecosystem adapts. It doesn't matter how wolves are involved now.

We should definitely biologically uplift intelligent non-humans. Hominids, cetaceans, elephants. It's something @Connal and I have discussed.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's true, you just blatantly obtuse. I said in plain text what happens if some species get extinct. They are getting replaced with some other species or not, depending on the conditions. Ecosystem adapts. It doesn't matter how wolves are involved now.
    Of course ecosystems change, but not in the span of a couple thousand years and definitely not with humans radically altering the ecosystem and wiping out most carnivorous organisms.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should definitely biologically uplift intelligent non-humans. Hominids, cetaceans, elephants. It's something @Connal and I have discussed.
    We definitely should not. We first must sort our own species out.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course ecosystems change, but not in the span of a couple thousand years and definitely not with humans radically altering the ecosystem and wiping out most carnivorous organisms.
    Humans are doing what they are "supposed" to do as a species. Ecosystem will adapt in the exact amount of time it takes it to adapt.

Are they not also God's divine creations?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Are they not also God's divine creations?
    They were created for us to have as property.

Can we not indulge the Swede? I mean we can just not here.

They were created for us to have as property.
    Must be why they where created billions of years before us or how ever many years it is, i know the croc has been around for some 200 million years. You must be high lol.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-11-18 at 06:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    wait wut !? why are they doing this ?? there are only 30,000 elephants left on this planet...ffs.