Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    But that's most part of the Horde: exiles, ex-slaves, defectors and so on. Kinda okay-ish fit if you ask me.
    Yeah, i would rather set bar a little higher than guys who did nothing but fail for past 25k years. Tho i guess more inteligent eredar could probably work in simpler jobs like street cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, i would rather set bar a little higher than guys who did nothing but fail for past 25k years. Tho i guess more inteligent eredar could probably work in simpler jobs like street cleaning.
    Brothels might be a good option

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I want Man'ari for the Horde :C There'll be blue and yellow space goats in the Alliance, red space goats in the Horde
    To be fair, Orcs would lynch them in all probability.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And all others would just point at them and laugh. "Where is your sargeras now, bitchboi ?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    She reacted to them about the same way Varian first reacted to Gilneans when they wanted to rejoin the Alliance. "You deserted us once; why should we trust you again?"

- - - Updated - - -

Do you get the part of the lore where Suramar deserted their fellow elves during the War of the Ancients? Hid behind their shield while Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan, and Ravencrest were desperately fighting for the fate of the planet.
    Probably not...it's easier to jump on the bandwagon and call her a bitch than it is to understand that what the Nightborne did could have destroyed Azeroth as we know it.

While they were sitting pretty behind their little shield the rest of the planet could have been in flames...but hey she is a bitch for that attitude right?

And all others would just point at them and laugh. "Where is your sargeras now, bitchboi ?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You're being too mean :'<

Oooops, time flows and shit, you can stretch that to eternity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they did tried really hard to lose this war. So i can give them that. They are spirited failures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Oooops, time flows and shit, you can stretch that to eternity.
    Honestly, at this point it doesn't even matter. Especially after we saw that army of light that harrased them for thousands of years was one ship worth of draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Probably not...it's easier to jump on the bandwagon and call her a bitch than it is to understand that what the Nightborne did could have destroyed Azeroth as we know it.

While they were sitting pretty behind their little shield the rest of the planet could have been in flames...but hey she is a bitch for that attitude right?
    What Nightborne did was nothing worse than what Genn Greymane did himself, yet Malfurion and Tyrande vouched for him and his people when it came to accept them as Alliance members. The past is the past, right? They're willing to atone for their mistakes, right?

Tyrande is a bitch because she clearly put her personal and petty greviances forward even though she supported people in the past that were no better than Nightborne, effectively making her look like an hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Arrashi is the honored priest of Mudmug, making him the most evil being in the multiverse after the Master himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Ok I get that game play does not equal lore, and EVERYONE who played through Suramar - every Horde player as well as every Alliance player - was responsible for saving the lives of the Nightfallen, liberating the city, and defeating Gul'dan... But it will still feel strange, remembering all I went through with them to see them forget all that and go to war against us (speaking for my Alliance toons here).

I guess Highmountain and the Lightforged fit into this category too, but neither feels as strange. Both are clearly connected to races already in those factions, and tbh I didn't find their quest lines as compelling. I don't feel a close connection to Turalyon or Ebonhorn the way I do to Oculeth and Thalyssra. Suramar was, imho, the best zone Blizz has ever done and I will always remember it fondly.

Not something that will keep me from enjoying the game, but it will feel strange.
    They would have made sense as a neutral race, but they probably wanted to get their retarded void elf idea through so they decided for one elf race per faction.

- - - Updated - - -

She was, but I wasn't. Thalyssra and I were buds. And Oculeth? How am I supposed to fight Oculeth? I still say hi to him every time I pass through.
    To be fair, we also all helped the Highmountain Tauren. And Horde also helped the lightforged Draenei. And we all helped the Zandalari in classic. I mean on some level, you gotta put them on one side, not every race can be neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    What Nightborne did was nothing worse than what Genn Greymane did himself, yet Malfurion and Tyrande vouched for him and his people when it came to accept them as Alliance members. The past is the past, right? They're willing to atone for their mistakes, right?

Tyrande is a bitch because she clearly put her personal and petty greviances forward even though she supported people in the past that were no better than Nightborne, effectively making her look like an hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Arrashi is the honored priest of Mudmug, making him the most evil being in the multiverse after the Master himself.
    While what they did wasn't exactly great, the legion is the biggest threat Azeroth has ever seen...and who's fault was it the Legion invaded...some of the very people that hid while the world could have been destroyed, the ones playing with Arcane magic and believed themselves to be superior. The Highborne brought the Legion to Azeroth and a group of Highborne from what they brought and left the rest of the world to deal with their mess.

Then what do the leaders do? They hand over Suramar in a even greater act of cowardice...

Genn had his reasons to break away from the Alliance...and they weren't through cowardice like the Nightborne.

But you still call her a bitch even though what the Nightborne did was way worse than the Gilneans.
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2017-11-16 at 10:43 PM.

What interests me is whether or not Broken Isles are counted among Horde territory in BfA since both Highmountain and Nightborne become allied with the Horde.

If there's gonna be naval battles like Blizzard said, Horde could strike Kul Tiras from both BI and Zandalar then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    What interests me is whether or not Broken Isles are counted among Horde territory in BfA since both Highmountain and Nightborne become allied with the Horde.

If there's gonna be naval battles like Blizzard said, Horde could strike Kul Tiras from both BI and Zandalar then?
    I really doubt they will take on details like that. I doubt they will even properly use kalimdor/EK.

I really doubt they will take on details like that. I doubt they will even properly use kalimdor/EK.
    Yea, they probably won't deal with that. But lorewise, like our beloved ex-warchief would say, I guess you can paint that continent red!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    For those saying Tyrande was rude, just curious because I did the quests ages ago: when exactly was that? When she's standing outside Suramar with the army?
    I for one think Tyrande in val'sharah is enough reason to screw over the alliance of nightborne

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Another reason to not care about the lore. Collect your AP, do your M+, enjoy your pretty elves, just don't think about it.

Not even the classes available to them don't make sense. Nighborne, moosecows, even the emo elves can be monks, but not the Lightforged with their long history of draenei monk orders? Make up a story about that.

I suppose we will pretend this thing called Vindicaar with an army of light-powered exoskeletons that can single-handedly annihilate legion fleets don't exist either once the LF join the Alliance and we will fight with swords and stone-throwing catapults.

Yeah and it was also Horde who saved Highmountain, but then it was Alliance who saved whole Azeroth by going to Argus and ending the Legion. Alliance > Horde once again.
    so edgy horde is getting another pretty elf race while you are getting crack i mean void addicts get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Ok I get that game play does not equal lore, and EVERYONE who played through Suramar - every Horde player as well as every Alliance player - was responsible for saving the lives of the Nightfallen, liberating the city, and defeating Gul'dan... But it will still feel strange, remembering all I went through with them to see them forget all that and go to war against us (speaking for my Alliance toons here).

I guess Highmountain and the Lightforged fit into this category too, but neither feels as strange. Both are clearly connected to races already in those factions, and tbh I didn't find their quest lines as compelling. I don't feel a close connection to Turalyon or Ebonhorn the way I do to Oculeth and Thalyssra. Suramar was, imho, the best zone Blizz has ever done and I will always remember it fondly.

Not something that will keep me from enjoying the game, but it will feel strange.
    Their alignment to Horde makes sense already. Naturally the Highmountain Tauren would be more willing to join with the other Tauren on the Horde, and the Blood-Elves and Nightborne have experienced similar struggles with addiction. Just because you, the player, were helpful, does not mean they are supposed to join whatever faction you are on. The story isn't technically driven by the player character. You are involved, yes, but the story revolves around the lore characters.

She was, but I wasn't. Thalyssra and I were buds. And Oculeth? How am I supposed to fight Oculeth? I still say hi to him every time I pass through.
    You aren't there as the leader/Representative of your race though. We are very powerful mercenaries.

Feel like the Zandalari Trolls and the Nightborne could had been a neutral race like the Pandarians allowing them to choose between Alliance and Horde. From viewing multiple forums, these two seem to be the most liked by far. I'm an Horde player for life but I do feel for the Alliance.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

I could clarify that if they are going to pick a side, I have no problem with it being Horde, because of the Blood Elves. I play both factions. Seeing them join the Horde will make perfect sense to my Tauren and Troll. It's just going to feel weird, I think, for any Alliance player who's into the lore at all. It will for me when I'm on my Alliance toons.
    Your concerns apply to all allied races with the exception of Zandalari and the ugly new Dwarves.

It'll be explained in a quest no one has any knowledge of, so you can have your concerns addressed at that point in time.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Your concerns apply to all allied races with the exception of Zandalari and the ugly new Dwarves.
    You really think any players have sentimental attachments to Lightforged Draenei or Void Elves?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"