Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ... Pretty sure Skittish is not a mechanic from Classic.

I know that the "muh Vanilla!"-crowd likes to claim ownership of everything running from sense of immersion to the invention of "challenge", but come on now.

If they'd use LEGION systems for M+ as optional modes on leveling coupled with world scaling however... Wooh-eh, that'd forever put the "Classic level is teh MLG-difficulty!!"-crowd forever in its place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Things from Vanilla WoW that should be a part of BfA:

World Bosses.
    Dungeons.
    Raids.
    Player Race/Class choices.
    Raid Buffs that mean different classes bring different things to everyone in the raid.
    Crafting.
    Like... maps? Enemies to kill... stuff like that.
    Questgivers.

If they don't bring these things into BfA people will be -pissed-!!!

/s
    Haha, indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    The only things I wish would come back are real class quests and massive long ass dungeons like Blackrock Depths and Scholomance.
    That id like, in legion we had the return to kharazhan as massive dungeon. Id like a big one or more in Bfa aswell.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    That id like, in legion we had the return to kharazhan as massive dungeon. Id like a big one or more in Bfa aswell.
    New Kara was good but it’s nothing compared to an entire afternoon in Stratholme with the same 4 people all having a good time, even though it was more difficult.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    New Kara was good but it’s nothing compared to an entire afternoon in Stratholme with the same 4 people all having a good time, even though it was more difficult.
    my first time in return to kharazhan i spent a good 3-4 hours i think including people getting lost, wiping mulitple times on bosses (or curator trash :P).

10+ Year Old Account
    No
    /10char
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    No
    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblider View Post
    No
    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by TranquilDream View Post
    No
    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    No
    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No
    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    No
    /10char
    I think that's a no, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... Pretty sure Skittish is not a mechanic from Classic.

I know that the "muh Vanilla!"-crowd likes to claim ownership of everything running from sense of immersion to the invention of "challenge", but come on now.

If they'd use LEGION systems for M+ as optional modes on leveling coupled with world scaling however... Wooh-eh, that'd forever put the "Classic level is teh MLG-difficulty!!"-crowd forever in its place.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, indeed.
    You're incorrect. Skittish just flat reduces tank threat by 75%. In WOTLK Blizzard quadrupled tank threat. So skittish is actually playing with vanilla threat rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    It's the most nonsensical, illogical question. Everything from classic WoW that should be in the current game, is in the current game. What isn't, was left out or changed for a reason.
    Yes, because every single decision blizzard has ever made was good, right, you've never complained about or disagreed with any decision they've made over the years, right?

They are humans, they make mistakes. Whether this particular 'issue' (that being tank threat) is one of them is entirely a matter of opinion, though, so let's not go there... But to insinuate that they have never done anything wrong with the development of WoW is just silly, especially when they themselves say they make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You can have your vanilla experience on classic and we can have Wow going forward. Don't bring the vanilla icecream here, you can enjoy it on your own time.
    I always have to laugh every time someone say "going forward"... Do you not realize forward is a relative direction? What is forward for one person is left for the next and backwards for another, and the fourth guy wants to turn the car around because his destination was overshot.

Personally, I'd be fine with this, not saying it should happen, but I'd be fine with it. I liked tanking when it actually took effort to hold agro, now it's boring.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-19 at 06:42 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Professions that matter and take time, and Old AV are pretty much the only things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Professions that matter and take time, and Old AV are pretty much the only things.
    Old AV really should make a comeback, let people queue into whatever one they want, people who want the PvE race can have it, people who want the old war can have it. Choice is good.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-19 at 06:35 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

you are a little... overboard with your ideas.
    Think about the chain - tanks have less threat mean dps will have less time to do dmg (cause they are waiting for tank to have mob attention) - mean mobs will have less hp or more time time before they do something nasty (like when you must nuke adds before they nuke you yeah?) - mean longer fights or less engaging fights... OR DD specs will have their DMG nerfed.

Personaly i would love to have some... nerf in tanks threat (cause really... that's became too easy, and yes i am playing tank from BC till now), but not so much as you want.

/nochar

But seriously, I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yes, because every single decision blizzard has ever made was good, right, you've never complained about or disagreed with any decision they've made over the years, right?

They are humans, they make mistakes. Whether this particular 'issue' (that being tank threat) is one of them is entirely a matter of opinion, though, so let's not go there... But to insinuate that they have never done anything wrong with the development of WoW is just silly, especially when they themselves say they make mistakes.
    I'm aware that this is an intellectually very challenging topic for this community. I understand that.

I never said that they've never done anything wrong, where did you read that? Now the important part is: WoW is a living, maintained, ongoing, current product. Which means it's being constantly developed and worked on. If they make a mistake, they fix it. When something's in need of improvement, it's being worked on.

It's absolutely silly and childish to have this idea that significant issues have been left lying around for all this time, and that of all things, the state of 2004 WoW would have to be reinstated as a solution. It's basically the idea that the dev team has been consistently doing everything wrong for 13 years and 6 expansions ... oh wait.

Absolutely nothing from Classic WoW needs to make it into the next expansion. Even if you argue that thing X and Y aren't great right now or they went in a certain direction too far, the answer most certainly isn't Vanilla WoW. There are 6 latter iterations of the game in between, 6 expansions of development and experience, and the idea that the only way of doing it right is to go back to the very start is absolutely ridiculous, and illogical. Thing in the game changed because Blizzard thought they should change. When something doesn't pan out, it gets worked on. you don't revert to version 1.0, there's a reason why you did version 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Absolutely nothing from Classic WoW needs to make it into the next expansion. Even if you argue that thing X and Y aren't great right now or they went in a certain direction too far, the answer most certainly isn't Vanilla WoW. There are 6 latter iterations of the game in between, 6 expansions of development and experience, and the idea that the only way of doing it right is to go back to the very start is absolutely ridiculous, and illogical. Thing in the game changed because Blizzard thought they should change. When something doesn't pan out, it gets worked on. you don't revert to version 1.0, there's a reason why you did version 8.0.
    shhhh. don't be so harsh. some things wich was in classic (and TBC) i think deserve the return. Like class quests (classes deserve some lore eh? i think you agree) for abilities maybe. Because this game still have RPG in Genre. Aaaaaand maybe quest legendaries.

Nah please no, enjoy your Vanilla icecream.
    Let me have my cookies&cream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    shhhh. don't be so harsh. some things wich was in classic (and TBC) i think deserve the return. Like class quests (classes deserve some lore eh? i think you agree) for abilities maybe. Because this game still have RPG in Genre. Aaaaaand maybe quest legendaries.
    Like there were in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    You're incorrect. Skittish just flat reduces tank threat by 75%. In WOTLK Blizzard quadrupled tank threat. So skittish is actually playing with vanilla threat rules.
    Yeah, in Wrath they quadrupled it, and then they've since increased it even more. I think it's like 900% now. So skittish reduces it back down to like 225%. So if your dps are doing ~3x more dps than you are as the tank, they'll be taking aggro.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Permanent skittish on the entire world and all dungeons and raids.

Massively reduced AoE threat for tanks.

Removal of all passive cleave, single target rotations should be single target unless a skill is activated to make it not.

Make tanking great again.
    No.
    /10char

Just no /10char

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    Like there were in Legion?
    in legion they were part of expansion whole (cause they focused on class fantasy there). i want to see this in every expansion. And not just as campaing but as... well learning? Just imagine (speaking from DK perspective so sorry) as you fight vs blood trolls and see how they use blood magic. You are interested in this, begin researching with Thorval's help. Adapt it to your style and boom. You get new skill (not necessary hard quest, not necessary fully usefull ability. just to see how you improve in your class). This is different culture with their different magic wich can be learned! so why not? Or maybe this "death magic" part from aliance isle? for DK or druids? and so on.

i still remember BE paladin class quests. (from the wiki, because this was quests)
    "The trials of the Blood Knight order were undertaken by newly-inducted members. These ranged from expeditions into the Ghostlands and the Plaguelands, to directly funding the powerful order, to trial-by-combat against other Blood Knights; the end result of which would be an ever-increasing rank and status in the order, ending with the title of master and control over the Thalassian Charger. The Blood Knights would attempt to assert their dominance to the paladins of the world with their destruction of the Alonsus Chapel.[13]"
    Last edited by Zorish; 2017-11-19 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, in Wrath they quadrupled it, and then they've since increased it even more. I think it's like 900% now. So skittish reduces it back down to like 225%. So if your dps are doing ~3x more dps than you are as the tank, they'll be taking aggro.
    And with skittish you can taunt a mob and it will still go attack some dps or healer before taunt even wears off.