Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benanah View Post
    Oh yeah, damn. I'm sure the old models still had the old animations in WoD. weird.
    they were old for a bit in wod, but then they changed them too.. for whatever fucked up reason

Why on earth would you want to play a 2004 game updated with new (completely out of place) models\textures\assets?

It's fucking ridiculous.

Just play Legion\BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why on earth would you want to play a 2004 game updated with new (completely out of place) models\textures\assets?

It's fucking ridiculous.

Just play Legion\BFA?
    Because I would like it. Actually, I would love it. No other reason. I've been playing remastered games of classic ones all my life and enjoying them.

I think people heavily understimate the work to get new graphics on classic. Do you people seriously expect 10+ years of modifications to the graphical and ui engine to work on extremely old code with just a copy/paste?, or do you expect them to redo the complete vanilla experience on the modern engine? both options take a lot of work and that's why I don't expect any major changes to the graphics, or any change at all. The new models would take less work but I don't expect them to add the option either.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    I think people heavily understimate the work to get new graphics on classic. Do you people seriously expect 10+ years of modifications to the graphical and ui engine to work on extremely old code with just a copy/paste?, or do you expect them to redo the complete vanilla experience on the modern engine? both options take a lot of work and that's why I don't expect any major changes to the graphics if at all. The new models would take less work but I don't expect them to add the option either.
    You are probably right, but, some people would still be OK with it getting added as an option later, say 2 years after Classic is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it isn't a huge chore to do, it would be worthwhile.

It's fucking ridiculous.
    Isn't that what everybody does when playing WoW already?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

You got it. We're already playing a game that's from 2004 with new graphics, and all kinds of other updates. It's not a new game, everything we have today was built on a previous version of wow all the way back to vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

no? i hate new models

Or they can just make the servers with people wanting Classic in mind rather than for people wanting "Classic, however..."...

New models don't just have HD textures, they also have new animations that were not in Classic.

They haven't even updated the graphics for the old zones in retail, I can hardly see them do this for classic. I wouldn't mind if classics graphics were updated, but it should be a toggleable option with the original graphics being the default option. Its basically what most people voted in the latest poll asking what people want to see in classic. I'm personally not a huge fan of these blocky models that vanilla had, even if they have their own charm to it. But the graphics are not much of a concern to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Or they can just make the servers with people wanting Classic in mind rather than for people wanting "Classic, however..."...

New models don't just have HD textures, they also have new animations that were not in Classic.
    You're right, Blizzard would need to make sure the original animations are untouched in the case of an optional enhanced graphics toggle.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Because I would like it. Actually, I would love it. No other reason. I've been playing remastered games of classic ones all my life and enjoying them.
    The remastered version of vanilla is called Legion, and is available right now. In case you didn't realize it. Go play that?

Stop suggesting shitty alterations, improvements or changes to vanilla as it was, seriously.

But where does it end my dude. Cant change anything, its like a constitution, purists will always lose to change, if one change is made.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    You're right, Blizzard would need to make sure the original animations are untouched in the case of an optional enhanced graphics toggle.
    Well, they did it in WoD, dont see why it shouldnt be possible for classic, where you not even have anything that would need the new ones with new animations.

The remastered version of vanilla is called Legion, and is available right now. In case you didn't realize it. Go play that?

Stop suggesting shitty alterations, improvements or changes to vanilla as it was, seriously.
    Sorry, but that is not a remastered version of Vanilla, that is an expansion. Can we keep it civil please?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    They haven't even updated the graphics for the old zones in retail, I can hardly see them do this for classic. I wouldn't mind if classics graphics were updated, but it should be a toggleable option with the original graphics being the default option. Its basically what most people voted in the latest poll asking what people want to see in classic. I'm personally not a huge fan of these blocky models that vanilla had, even if they have their own charm to it. But the graphics are not much of a concern to me.
    I was thinking of that the other day and thought maybe now is a good time to update retail's classic areas and use these updates in Classic's optional enhanced graphics toggle-able optional option.

Probably won't be implemented, but I don't see why they shouldn't consider it. I think they tweaked it some, so the old models should no longer make those weird cross eye expressions on the new engine.

Human males still do this with their face, though.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-19 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Why do you want to play a 2004 game with 2017 assets / models? Play retail if you need the new shiny things. Vanilla should be untouched in terms of graphics.
    Yeah why would anyone want to do that? Oh yeah, they remade Starcraft JUST so people could do that.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Deleted

Give me 1 good reason as to why an option for higher resolution graphics is a "shitty alteration"? Does it change the graphics for you if you wish to play with the old ones? Nope. Does it change the gameplay in any way? Nope. Would you even know if I had the new ones on? Nope.

There's this huge rhetoric from people like you that deem any changes as bad. Anything that changes gameplay is bad, graphics which are a client side option is not one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    Yeah why would anyone want to do that? Oh yeah, they remade Starcraft JUST so people could do that.
    they made it cuz they thought ppl would love to play sc1 again and cuz it was legit too old.. no one was playing it tho legit no one.. wow classic(or old expansion in general) is pretty fucking active on private servers.. but you couldnt play it officially at all, its not that wide masses of ppl would/wouldnt play it cuz of graphics..

15+ Year Old Account
    Have new graphics on by default, let ppl chose to turn em off.

Easy.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s