Poll: should they give chris/us his dream

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post give chris metzin his dream, shaman tanking spec

an interview with chris metzin some time ago said he wished there was a shaman tanking spec

giving thrall his powers back in battle for azeroth would be a great time to give shamans a tanking spec

all the years he worked at blizzard and he still didn't get a shaman tanking spec
    all the millions he spent to help remove vivendi from actiblizz he still didn't get a shaman tanking spec
    all the times he was anxious before blizzcon going on stage and then being depressed later on he still didn't get a shaman tanking spec

surely it's time to give him/us his dream
    a shaman tanking spec
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

They are- sort of. Shamans could off-tank reasonably well in Classic, outside of raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    They are- sort of. Shamans could off-tank reasonably well in Classic, outside of raids.
    this is about battle for azeroth though
    a proper 4th tanking spec
    tank with dual wielding parry and improved earth shield for armour with taunt spells
    that sort of thing

no, just no, the only reason this has been idea is because you cab wield shields; honestly at this point i would rather blizz just took shields off shamans to shut you the fuck up

Seems like a good idea. Shaman having a 4th spec could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    no, just no, the only reason this has been idea is because you cab wield shields; honestly at this point i would rather blizz just took shields off shamans to shut you the fuck up
    There was more than that Shamans had Rockbiter Weapon it was a weapon imbuement that increased the shamans threat generation plus reduced damage taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earth elemental armor I can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow you must really hate chris metzen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    There was more than that Shamans had Rockbiter Weapon it was a weapon imbuement that increased the shamans threat generation plus reduced damage taken.
    a 4th tanking spec would be way better than vanilla

While there's plenty of great ideas for potential 4th specs, I always felt like an earth-themed tanking spec made the most sense thematically with how shamans are already split into fire (elemental), wind (enhancement) and water (restoration).
    At least compared to some ideas like bloodmage healing spec that are somewhat farfetched.

I had great fun tanking Deadmines on my shaman back in the day when Frost Shock generated extra threat and we had talents improving shields and defensive totems

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Unfortunately that wasn't always the case. Rockbiter used to simply increase your weapon damage by a flat amount pre -cata. You didn't even get ranks for it after reaching the level you could get Windfury as Windfury was simply better in all regards
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2017-11-19 at 04:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    While there's plenty of great ideas for potential 4th specs, I always felt like an earth-themed tanking spec made the most sense thematically with how shamans are already split into fire (elemental), wind (enhancement) and water (restoration).
    At least compared to some ideas like bloodmage healing spec that are somewhat farfetched.

I had great fun tanking Deadmines on my shaman back in the day when Frost Shock generated extra threat and we had talents improving shields and defensive totems
    i suggested they have a spell to turn into an earth elemental as a cooldown ability
    and thrall would be the very first shaman to get this ability before the players do, during the quest to help him find his way again

Biased poll is biased. I don't think we need to be thinking about extra specs for a while. They have enough to worry about with the 36 or however many specs there currently are already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Biased poll is biased. I don't think we need to be thinking about extra specs for a while. They have enough to worry about with the 36 or however many specs there currently are already.
    you clearly hate chris metzen you should apologize to him on twitter explaining how you hate his idea for a shaman tanking spec and apologize again

because he/we deserve it
    he definitely earnt it

We don't need more tanking specs. It won't change the amount of people that play tanks when it matters and seeing how demon hunters just tried to rob the niches of other tanks we don't need more that dilute the tank uniqueness further.

Edit: Also people that make such polls should have their poll creating privileges revoked (and probably making threads in the first place as well).
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-19 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah could happen with the four elements...Well...With more like fused spells for the tank spec...
    I'm up for Shamans having a tank spec... <3

Earth - Tank spec -
    Fire - DPS melee spec
    Air - DPS ranged spec
    Water - Healing...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Yeah could happen with the four elements...Well...With more like fused spells for the tank spec...
    I'm up for Shamans having a tank spec... <3

Earth - Tank spec -
    Fire - DPS melee spec
    Air - DPS ranged spec
    Water - Healing...
    every shaman spec not have entire focus on 1 element, (like elem use fire and wind, and ench wind+fire+some earth) but yeah. Shaman's deserve it.
    Main focus will be obviously on earth, but with a little mix of life/wanter (self healing?), fire (magma) so he will be "dangerous" for enemies, wind (mobility and etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an idea because of Enhancement, most talents boosted the Shaman's defense. Some totems were also designed for this. It was later merged into the healer utility with Earth Shield and other tools, and became clearer post-tbc.

Shamans were essentially a support class.

I think 4th specs will happen....sometime. When it does, a tanking spec would be an obvious role for a Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    you clearly hate chris metzen you should apologize to him on twitter explaining how you hate his idea for a shaman tanking spec and apologize again

because he/we deserve it
    he definitely earnt it
    Yeah no, I love Metzen. Still believe we don't need a shaman tank spec or any other specs for that matter. Don't care if it happens sometime in the future but we don't need it anytime soon.

yeh why not should be fun to see a shaman tank

10+ Year Old Account
    Please give Demo locks the Meta back while youre at it.

One question tho, why exactly did Metzen earn a Shaman tank specc?
    Last edited by Micronetic; 2017-11-19 at 10:31 AM.