Poll: should they give chris/us his dream

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    They are- sort of. Shamans could off-tank reasonably well in Classic, outside of raids.
    Only in the first patches, it was quickly discarded. By 1.11 you were already not a good off-tank at all even for simple dungeons.
    I always liked the idea of tanking Shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    no, just no, the only reason this has been idea is because you cab wield shields; honestly at this point i would rather blizz just took shields off shamans to shut you the fuck up
    As a holy pally who spent countless hours collecting shields only to not be able to use them because blizz finally wanted to start adapting class lore again, hell no. Don't take people's shields away. =(

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    yeh why not should be fun to see a shaman tank
    ^ this.

I am all for fun, and this sounds fun. Earthshield talent back in pve pls.

Shamans would also then become inducted into the paladin/druid/monk club
    (the 1-class raid club. Sham tanks, sham dps, sham heals. I wanna see that all-blue sexy UI.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought sub-races/allied races would never happen.

I thought Demon Hunters would never happen.

I thought Pandaren would never happen.

I thought WoW classic would never happen until it happened.

The one truism I have learned in all the years of playing WoW is that something will never happen until it does.

Fourth specs, and a shaman tanking spec would be a fourth spec, are a constant suggestion on this forum and other wow centric forums. Blizzard is aware of the desire for fourth specs for several classes. Just like Blizzard was aware of all the requests for the above features that were added to the game and which have since become reality.
    Fourth specs suggestions are following a well travelled path.

Are they certain? No.
    Are they impossible? No.
    Are they going to happen in BFA? No. But they could be in the expansion after that, or the expansion after that.

In fact, based upon my experience with everything else I have listed, I would personally say that new specs for the existing classes are one of the likelier upgrades we will see to the game in future. But that is JUST a personal feeling and if it is going to happen it is at minimum three years away.

But never discount something as impossible. Nothing in this game is impossible to add...with one small exception but that isn't relevant to this topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is this item, so it makes sense to have shaman tanks Or hunter.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=12641/invulnerable-mail

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is it anatomically correct models?
    No...it's something else entirely but completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Maybe every class should be able to tank, heal, and dps, for maximum homogenization.

5+ Year Old Account
    We're not getting a new Shammy spec for BFA. And we shouldn't. There's so much other stuff that needs doing, first.

But I think it's a good idea for an -eventual- spec. I'd like to see a dual-wielding tank using Earth Shields for defense, dodging and deflecting attacks, and using self-healing in between.

Of course, I also think a cloth Mage tanking spec is in order with spell-shields for self-defense and big arcane explosions for offense alongside some nice ice controls and fire used to distract/deflect...
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    Shaman tank would be awesome! Using earth and rocks to bolster physical defenses, fire to generate threat, water to mend his wounds and air to protect himself from magic would be a 10/10 spec.

While we're at it, we could make Enhancement go back to its 2h roots and use off hand/spell attacks as spells with the left hand, would be extra awesome.

yeh i was convinced that shamans could tank in vanilla but for some reason it just didn't happen

Yes, that would be nice. I would totally play my shaman more often if not main him if I could also tank with him. This would be a great change. But please with Shield and one hand. Two hand is also okish, but I would prefer another shield wielder
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    an interview with chris metzin some time ago said he wished there was a shaman tanking spec
    giving thrall his powers back in battle for azeroth would be a great time to give shamans a tanking spec
    surely it's time to give him/us his dream
    not gonna happen and noone needs a (horrible bad) mail tank anyway....

It's one of the few things that might make me consider coming back to the game.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    not gonna happen and noone needs a (horrible bad) mail tank anyway....
    I love the idea that a mail tank would be "horrible bad" when out of six tank specs, three (50%!) wear LEATHER. Fuck's sake mate, what expansion do you think this is?

earth shield, sand armor..etc...
    that;s so coooooool!

vaigely remember back in TBC think it was 2.1 for one patch that shammy tanking was a thing as i tanked a few dungeons as a shaman back then.

Deleted
    sounds fun, an earth based tanking spec heavily using the shield etc

My dream list has boiled down to two things:

- playable Vrykul
    - 2Hd Tanking Shaman 4th spec

So while I approve of this thread, why make the tank spec DW or shield spec when Enh and Ele/Res already do those? Mix it up and give some old schoolers the 2Hd they miss at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    My dream list has boiled down to two things:

- playable Vrykul
    - 2Hd Tanking Shaman 4th spec

So while I approve of this thread, why make the tank spec DW or shield spec when Enh and Ele/Res already do those? Mix it up and give some old schoolers the 2Hd they miss at the same time.
    I think it would be cool if they made a Shaman tank, if they did it right, meaning give it a whole array of things that other shammy specs don't have to make it distinct.

I would like to see this.

And to the nay-sayers... I give you SV hunters...
    I click my spellbook.
    ---BfA Alpha Club---