Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    I have a question. If the game play is essentially going to be the same as the free vanilla servers that shall not be mentioned, and I'm not into current retail at all, then why do I want to pay $15 a month for it? Just a thought.
    No fear of losing progress because of takedowns. No lag and random crashin.

I have a question. If the game play is essentially going to be the same as the free vanilla servers that shall not be mentioned, and I'm not into current retail at all, then why do I want to pay $15 a month for it? Just a thought.
    Because all the free servers are going to get shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Because all the free servers are going to get shut down.
    Or so you may think.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    People didn't mind 13 years ago to invest 200 hours to reach 60(litteraly).

What makes you think, people wants to go throu it, compared to what they are used to now?

I expect the real veterans will enjoy it for the sake of nostalgia, but the majority will fail regardless(even with huge QoL changes, it won't be appealing).
    The people who would play through classic WoW for the first time would still be able to enjoy it in a similar way.

It's literally a harder version of the WoW we have now (you can argue about the why's or how's but it is harder), and some gamers tend to appreciate that.

Some people enjoy the struggle. The struggle of creating a proper group and getting to the dungeon without getting sidetracked due to world PvP is something that I miss. These struggles creates communities. Current WoW barely has that.

Or so you may think.
    Now that Blizzard has a Classic server, anyone in competition with them is using their IP for 'profit' and is 'damaging' their brand.

You have to be braindead to assume they won't aggressively pursue legal action against any even remotely successful (>1000 players) private server.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    It's literally a harder version of the WoW we have now (you can argue about the why's or how's but it is harder), and some gamers tend to appreciate that.
    Difficulty is relative, to the vast majority of people that are still playing Live that also played in Vanilla- it was just tedious and much more time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Now that Blizzard has a Classic server, anyone in competition with them is using their IP for 'profit' and is 'damaging' their brand.

You have to be braindead to assume they won't aggressively pursue legal action against any even remotely successful (>1000 players) private server.

Difficulty is relative, to the vast majority of people that are still playing Live that also played in Vanilla- it was just tedious and much more time consuming.
    Assuming they're within reach of Blizzard's legal department.

New generations of gamers don't understand the difference between being rewarded after effort, or after "the journey" as people call it, and being instantly gratified for doing nothing at all.

Yes, some tasks were cumbersome, boring, long, but the reward at the end made it worth it. Nowadays, you get rewarded for doing nothing, and that's the problem with the direction it took, and why people want vanilla, regardless of some of the issues.

Vanilla, warts and all, was vastly more immersive than the current game, let's let it be as it is, if you like it, play it when it comes out, if you don't want it, don't play it. Why so many fucking arguments about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    New generations of gamers don't understand the difference between being rewarded after effort, or after "the journey" as people call it, and being instantly gratified for doing nothing at all.

Yes, some tasks were cumbersome, boring, long, but the reward at the end made it worth it. Nowadays, you get rewarded for doing nothing, and that's the problem with the direction it took, and why people want vanilla, regardless of some of the issues.

Vanilla, warts and all, was vastly more immersive than the current game, let's let it be as it is, if you like it, play it when it comes out, if you don't want it, don't play it. Why so many fucking arguments about it.
    A fair assessment. The only issue I (may) have with vanilla is the 'been there, done that' factor. In any case, I will be there on opening day, how long it lasts is another issue.

Assuming they're within reach of Blizzard's legal department.
    It's literally Blizzard's own IP- they are quite literally forced to contest it.

They've pursued bot makers across the world, private servers in Europe- stop being dense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

Probably because for many people, Immersion doesn't matter.

One of the reasons I enjoy vanilla is exactly the lack of "quality of life" features. Completing a quest feels rewarding, joining a group on the spot is fantastic. Entering a major city after minutes long walks gives me a feeling of relief.
    It's a different game, I honestly don't know how it will do financially in current climate of gaming, but I will play the hell out of it.
    And quite frankly, the gaming industry needs this to succeed, I'm tired of all the pew pew, running around, hand holding, auto lock - dodge-dodge-attach bullshit that's out there. If this succeeds, we may see a change for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    One of the reasons I enjoy vanilla is exactly the lack of "quality of life" features. Completing a quest feels rewarding, joining a group on the spot is fantastic. Entering a major city after minutes long walks gives me a feeling of relief.
    It's a different game, I honestly don't know how it will do financially in current climate of gaming, but I will play the hell out of it.
    And quite frankly, the gaming industry needs this to succeed, I'm tired of all the pew pew, running around, hand holding, auto lock - dodge-dodge-attach bullshit that's out there. If this succeeds, we may see a change for the better.
    While I agree with you, I'm not entirely sure how you may be defining QoL features. For example, TBC was my favorite era in WoW. Would I want to see some TBC QoL, yeah maybe. Would I want to see anything from Wotlk forward? Hell no.

10+ Year Old Account
    People didn't mind 13 years ago to invest 200 hours to reach 60(litteraly).

What makes you think, people wants to go throu it, compared to what they are used to now?

I expect the real veterans will enjoy it for the sake of nostalgia, but the majority will fail regardless(even with huge QoL changes, it won't be appealing).
    wow only 200 hours?
    i invested like 100-200 days (before they started recording that type of data)on my runescape character and i only made it to average/middle skill level across the board

if it seriously only takes 200 hours then it will be very very very easy for me
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

While I agree with you, I'm not entirely sure how you may be defining QoL features. For example, TBC was my favorite era in WoW. Would I want to see some TBC QoL, yeah maybe. Would I want to see anything from Wotlk forward? Hell no.
    I'm not talking about bugs, idiotic gameplay decisions and incomplete zones, etc ( however I believe introducing changes even to the broken mechanics may damage the game at this stage)
    QoL in my book are things like teleports, group finder, ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I guess the idea was to experience Classic (again)
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    If you don't implement classic as it was you assuredly drive off more people that you turn off by keeping it classic.

I'm looking for an authentic experience and won't play it if they start changing things to be 'better'.
    i agree

We agreed on that.

I think you should be more loud when it comes to that, if you don't want any QoLs.
    they already know vanilla means vanilla not chocolate

I'm also concerned with people wanting dual spec.

Dual spec significantly erodes the social need to call on other players to help with things you aren't specced to do. It also removes a lot of how meaningful your talent decisions are if you don't have to do everything with them. It also removes a significant source of gold removal from the game economy.

All of this will significantly erode the classic experience and make it less social.
    don't worry they know vanilla means vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    I think people need to clarify what do they mean by qol.

Dual spec/lfg is far too much, but thing like reduced mana cost of buffs is alright.
    you just defined quality of life by wanting reduced mana buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Water is wet.

You bring avsolutely nothing new to any discussion.
    neither did you

Greater blessings were 5 minutes, regular blessings 2 minutes at the start of vanilla as I recall.
    seals were like 30 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Stop smoking pot bruh.

" New, 15-minute raid versions of blessings, and the ability to bless all members of a certain class with one click " - taken directly from 1.9 patch notes.
    seals are buffs as well

I just hope the Devs can resist their urge to 'improve' inconvenient things. That was the magic of vanilla.
    i hope so

I'm not talking about bugs, idiotic gameplay decisions and incomplete zones, etc ( however I believe introducing changes even to the broken mechanics may damage the game at this stage)
    Right, Im with you on that. Group finder, teleport, mass loot, and all the other stupid things they added to the game that made it the homogenized, watered down mess it is today.

10+ Year Old Account
    qol= quality of life
    bug fixes are quality of life

That's a social experience!
    You seem like a masochist.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Not for 39 people waiting for bobnogging to respec.
    Felt like that happened at least once a week...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by oumajgad View Post
    Please, keep this game for yourself and stay away from mine and these forums.
    You sure feel these boards are yours after two weeks.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2017-11-19 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    qol= quality of life
    bug fixes are quality of life
    Typically, QoL refers to changes to the game that makes your life better. Bug fixes don't fall under QoL changes. Dual spec is a QoL fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.