Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    yeah, I got called on telling the truth. As backed up by people who actually played, as opposed to those that are pretending to have played or are just a bit thick and cant remember reality past the rose tinted glasses.
    Except you're wrong, and reality + my own experience is more believable than the most common forum hoax that is one of the most typical lie made by people who never touched Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Why on earth did you do this?

Not doing any instance - and not logging out at inns?
    I love leveling, I was deliberately trying to extend it as much as I could ^^
    Even like that, I still had Winterspring and Eastern Plaguelands basically untouched, plus several others quests I had missed during leveling (most of them on Kalimdor) that I found with other alts.

And of course, that's without any of the quest hubs they added later (like Sillithus, or Dire Maul, or many at the Lighthope Chapel) and without the very lucrative ones in the instances.

yeah, I got called on telling the truth. As backed up by people who actually played, as opposed to those that are pretending to have played or are just a bit thick and cant remember reality past the rose tinted glasses.

- - - Updated - - -

its not quite a simple, you had to do a lot of dungeon content which was not realistic for the majority of hte playerbase, or do absolutely every quest in every zone....which was not really practical give travel times, the non-connected quest system, and way quests were not flagged up.

Sure you can talk about the totally absurd "but its possible", or you can talk about peoples actual experience. I prefer to talk about actual real experience, as thats what people will you know, experience.

As for your last line, well, that sums you up as a person for writing that.
    I am also talking from real experience. By the time I got to 60, I had EPL half done and Winterspring + Silithus untouched (although AQ patch was unreleased at the time). I did group and dungeon quests whenever I got the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Yah I didn't really mean to be so negative, but now that I'm an adult I don't have the time to run in circles around Un'Goro anymore.

It was so much fun back in the day. Summoning Ragnaros for the first time is something I still clearly remember 13 or whatever years later...so @#%^$%& epic!
    no one will force you to play Vanilla, if you dont want to, Retail WILL still be available.

- - - Updated - - -

.....main Post Alot of words.....
    So basically because you dont have any time anymore, and grown up and acostumed to have everything handed for minimal effort, Classic needs to be scrapped or modified so you can get all things within the little time you have to spend on it.

For the amount of effort you used in this post i think u have alot of free time.

All negative points u make are the things im looking forward to finally relive, it took me almost 2 months top get to 60 back them, if it takes now 3 months cause i actually also have a job now, then so be it. It was what i asked, and i hope is what i get.

Getting an Epic, felt EPIC, getting my mount only at level 52 felt like the biggest achievement ever, when i finally managed to afford it. there are many things i will no longer be able to relive, cause im not the noob i was back in 2004, like not leveling my warrior with most point in the prot tree, or only getting a profession when i dinged 60.

but the hard journey to 60 i will still hopefully be able to relive, and the joy of my first epic or tier set will still be great, because it wasnt handed on silver plate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Except you're wrong, and reality + my own experience is more believable than the most common forum hoax that is one of the most typical lie made by people who never touched Vanilla.

An awful lot of people seem to disagree with you, it was a common complaint back then, as you'd know if you played....which clearly you did not.

Well I race-leveled from day 1, used 26 days iirc to get to 60.

Questing + grinding professions along, no dungeons. Had plenty of zones left to quest in later.

If I was lucky there was some of the other "fast" levelers around for a group quest, but it was like tops 20 people on the server that really raced.
    So most often I had to just come back when the quests turned green in the log.

I also played abit in beta so I knew the first zones well.

If you wanted to make levelling in Vanilla hard you could just go with a loin-cloth and no weapon; I remember noticing that someone dressed like that and then realized that he had levelled like that all the way.

An awful lot of people seem to disagree with you, it was a common complaint back then, as you'd know if you played....which clearly you did not.
    Funny, because I also see a lot of people confirming they didn't need to grind at any point, and typically the people saying there wasn't enough quests have not played Vanilla and are just repeating the BS from the forum, or copy-pasting speed-leveling guide which are about efficiency and not about availability.

I also see how you backpedaled from "there wasn't enough quests in the game" to "there wasn't enough quest if you didn't switch continents" (which is pretty retarded as an excuse, because it proves there actually was enough quests for non-mouthbreathers).
    I have facts for me, you've moving goalposts. I know which one is true ^^

I do think that some need a reality check, with reminders such as these.
    And some stupid comments simply need called out as such.

Nostalgia may be powerful, but I think we should try to remember that the game alone was only part of the circumstances that made the total experience.
    The community was another, and well in my opinion that is more divided and more selfish and self-centred than it has ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    It's still not entirely true and I did it this year. You ran out of quests only if you:

1. Wouldn't leave your continent you decided to quest on

2. Didn't do any group content.
    I did a lot of group content, particularly on my warlock. Always in demand for dungeons. Nonetheless, I had to grind most or all of level 47 in Tanaris, because Un'goro quests didn't open up until 48. I'm not hung up on pretending to be uber, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find I missed some things, but that was my experience, and that of lots of folks I know.

All the things listed about Vanilla were/are true, but you know what it's also what made it good, it felt 100 times more rewarding when you did something.

Deleted
    I grinded multiple levels too but i dont know if there were quests in that levelrange. I just like to grind on Good Spots, but i hate traveling

Deleted
    Funny, because I also see a lot of people confirming they didn't need to grind at any point, and typically the people saying there wasn't enough quests have not played Vanilla and are just repeating the BS from the forum, or copy-pasting speed-leveling guide which are about efficiency and not about availability.

I also see how you backpedaled from "there wasn't enough quests in the game" to "there wasn't enough quest if you didn't switch continents" (which is pretty retarded as an excuse, because it proves there actually was enough quests for non-mouthbreathers).
    I have facts for me, you've moving goalposts. I know which one is true ^^
    Typically those that say there was no grinding were people who joined later and want to appear cool by saying they were there from the beginning. its pretty sad, but if you want to do that because you think it matters how you look on here, thats your insecurities.

No back pedaling at all, its the difference between being a realist and being a pillock, you chose the later.

Sure you can say "if you do 100% of everything then there is enough quests", but if 99% of the playerbase dont, then thats a meaningless statement as it does not bear resemblance to reality and actual played experience.

Also you can also say, there was a lot of grinding with quests in vanilla, killing many many many times as many mobs as the quest should need, but I'll not worry your simple little black and white mind with nuance like that.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    Yes, all of those things were available.

How many enchants could one spec use and maximize what they were doing?

How many talent paths were actually viable? One. If you didn't use that one, you were wrong and probably not invited to whatever you wanted to do.

There were more stats, but you were still shooting for BiS so why does that matter?

Racial abilities - you had a race that you basically had to be as each class or you were under-performing.

One type of flask, one type of potion that was viable.

Again, professions to maximize your performance and nothing else. If you were a tank you were BS/Ench or BS/JC period.

You already mentioned stats.

Like, come on. Now you have talent trees that genuinely afford you a choice in how you want to play. Everything else is trivial.
    That lie about talents is so old and misused. Stopped reading when you said you had 1 viable talent choice.

Typically those that say there was no grinding were people who joined later and want to appear cool by saying they were there from the beginning. its pretty sad, but if you want to do that because you think it matters how you look on here, thats your insecurities.
    Except I started played day 1 and even played a bit in the beta, so all your pathetic accusations fall flat on their dumb face.
    No back pedaling at all, its the difference between being a realist and being a pillock, you chose the later.

Sure you can say "if you do 100% of everything then there is enough quests", but if 99% of the playerbase dont, then thats a meaningless statement as it does not bear resemblance to reality and actual played experience.
    Except of course you don't need at all to do 100 % of everything, because there was FAR MORE what was needed on quest alone, plus most people would also benefit from rested XP and would do instances, which would give a lot of XP.
    What you needed was just to *gasp* actually CHANGE ZONE !
    (shocking, I know)

Like, you are lvl 30-32 and do a bit of SV, and then the next quests are orange or red... you can be a tool and "herp derp I need to farm !", you can be a min-maxer and thinkg "well, I could grind here or spend time flying, guess I'll grind" (which is valid but pretty different than claiming like an idiot there "isn't enough quests"), or you can prefer to do quests than grinding and fly to Arathi, Desolace, Alterac or Shimmering Flats, and by the time you've exhausted them you're high level enough to continue on the previously orange/red (which are now yellow).

Whatever the level you are, there is always between three to four zones. Don't claim they don't have enough quests in them to make you level up enough to reach the next step, that's just 100 % BS.
    Also you can also say, there was a lot of grinding with quests in vanilla, killing many many many times as many mobs as the quest should need, but I'll not worry your simple little black and white mind with nuance like that.
    Saying that quests are grindy is not the same thing than saying there isn't enough quests. Don't try to disguise failure to recognize conceptual differences and realization you made a false claim with lack of nuance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    At some point dual specs became affordable (I believe they were actually released in classic, though I could be mistaken... I recall them being ridiculously expensive when they were released and very few people used them), but up until that point players largely stuck to one spec as well as they could.
    Introduced in Wrath, patch 3.1

Yah I didn't really mean to be so negative, but now that I'm an adult I don't have the time to run in circles around Un'Goro anymore.

It was so much fun back in the day. Summoning Ragnaros for the first time is something I still clearly remember 13 or whatever years later...so @#%^$%& epic!
    hey you forgot that soulshards vanished 30 minutes after logging out.
    So horus of farming your bags full of soulshards could end with you getting dced and logging back in to find them all gone.
    /s look at signature

Deleted
    Except I started played day 1 and even played a bit in the beta, so all your pathetic accusations fall flat on their dumb face.

Except of course you don't need at all to do 100 % of everything, because there was FAR MORE what was needed on quest alone, plus most people would also benefit from rested XP and would do instances, which would give a lot of XP.
    What you needed was just to *gasp* actually CHANGE ZONE !
    (shocking, I know)

Like, you are lvl 30-32 and do a bit of SV, and then the next quests are orange or red... you can be a tool and "herp derp I need to farm !", you can be a min-maxer and thinkg "well, I could grind here or spend time flying, guess I'll grind" (which is valid but pretty different than claiming like an idiot there "isn't enough quests"), or you can prefer to do quests than grinding and fly to Arathi, Desolace, Alterac or Shimmering Flats, and by the time you've exhausted them you're high level enough to continue on the previously orange/red (which are now yellow).

Whatever the level you are, there is always between three to four zones. Don't claim they don't have enough quests in them to make you level up enough to reach the next step, that's just 100 % BS.

Saying that quests are grindy is not the same thing than saying there isn't enough quests. Don't try to disguise failure to recognize conceptual differences and realization you made a false claim with lack of nuance.
    aww, its always cute when children try to debate.

I dont believe you started on day 1, quite frankly I'k skeptical you played in vanilla at all. Your comments are just too absurd for that to be real, or you have a seriously fucked up memory.

A massive issue, widely talked about in all commentary on the game early on was the grind necessary to level up, if you seriously cant remember that, then you either did not play, or you lack the mental faculties to comment on this.

as for the last part, like I said, dont worry your little unnuanced mind over it, I did not think you'd understand and looks like I was right.

aww, its always cute when children try to debate.

I dont believe you started on day 1, quite frankly I'k skeptical you played in vanilla at all. Your comments are just too absurd for that to be real, or you have a seriously fucked up memory.

A massive issue, widely talked about in all commentary on the game early on was the grind necessary to level up, if you seriously cant remember that, then you either did not play, or you lack the mental faculties to comment on this.

as for the last part, like I said, dont worry your little unnuanced mind over it, I did not think you'd understand and looks like I was right.

You're just looking like a toddler whining because he can't admit he's wrong.
    This is frankly embarassing.
    Continue to grasp at straws. You're the one being ridiculous and refusing facts. No matter, whatever drivel you may repeat I have reality on my side, both on the fact I played from day 1 and the FACT that I never was out of quest to level up, even when purposely avoiding dungeon and rested XP.

Continue to wallow in ignorance, I'm tired trying to educate you.

Deleted
    https://youtu.be/qNAhHh6zZ_g

5.09 said it all.,someone her is saying that he started playing since day1. He did but from day1 of legion

--How did rolling ignites work?
    Unless it's been answered:

Ignite was shared across mages, the first mage to get an ignite streak "rolling", would get all the damage that it would produce until the debuff fell off (and also all the threat). That's why there is usually 1 mage well above the others on damage meters, he got most of the rolling ignites. It wasn't that big of a deal as no damage was really gained or lost, the unfinished ticks still rolled over into the total debuff damage, but it was a big deal if you didn't want to pull aggro.