Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Where are all the regular Forsaken characters?

While Sylvanas has been a focus in the overall WoW story for a while, we rarely seem to get any regular Forsaken characters with a noteworthy presence. Since the Cata leveling areas, we've rarely seen Forsaken that weren't undead elves like Sylvanas and her Dark Rangers. Even the formely regular undead Nathanos got given a more human form in Legion. The rest of the Forsaken seem to be left in Lordaeron to rot(heh) or serve as throw-away grunts.

Even when they're actually using characters with the Forsaken/Undead model, they end up not being part of the Forsaken at all(Meryl Felstorm, Alonsus Faol, Lilian Voss). The only one who doesn't have an outright negative connection with the Undercity Forsaken is Jubeka Shadowbreaker, the warlock follower, but even that is mostly speculative.

Characters like Belmont, Alexi Barov and Faranell are barely used, the potential to use Galen Trollbane as the Horde commander in the Arathi Warfront was cut short by killing him off in the Death Knight story and most others are completely underdeveloped.

So what do you think? Does it annoy you, do you prefer the undead elves, do you think it's all a ploy to kill off the Forsaken without people caring all that much?

7+ Year Old Account
    forsaken only will receive proper lore when sylvanas is gone, for good, she suck all the lore and focus for herself, like people once said, she become too toxic for the history

Hope this forsaken organization in undercity can overpower her and take command, for long i have waited a true citizen of lordaeron to be king, so im fine with a conclave of human undeads

The forsaken are mere puppets to her will and her fanbase, take her away and they collapse under their own insignificance.

The major Forsaken players seem to pop up as adversaries to Sylvanas, i.e. Putress at the Wrathgate and the Desolate Council before Battle for Azeroth. It does seem weird they gave Nathanos a more human look, but I hear he has a new model in Battle so his appearance is ultimately unclear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    While Sylvanas has been a focus in the overall WoW story for a while, we rarely seem to get any regular Forsaken characters with a noteworthy presence. Since the Cata leveling areas, we've rarely seen Forsaken that weren't undead elves like Sylvanas and her Dark Rangers. Even the formely regular undead Nathanos got given a more human form in Legion. The rest of the Forsaken seem to be left in Lordaeron to rot(heh) or serve as throw-away grunts.

Even when they're actually using characters with the Forsaken/Undead model, they end up not being part of the Forsaken at all(Meryl Felstorm, Alonsus Faol, Lilian Voss). The only one who doesn't have an outright negative connection with the Undercity Forsaken is Jubeka Shadowbreaker, the warlock follower, but even that is mostly speculative.

Characters like Belmont, Alexi Barov and Faranell are barely used, the potential to use Galen Trollbane as the Horde commander in the Arathi Warfront was cut short by killing him off in the Death Knight story and most others are completely underdeveloped.

So what do you think? Does it annoy you, do you prefer the undead elves, do you think it's all a ploy to kill off the Forsaken without people caring all that much?
    Not really bothered, not a fan of the Forsaken. By the way, 'Undead elves'? You mean, the Dark Rangers? Aka. the Forsaken?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really bothered, not a fan of the Forsaken. By the way, 'Undead elves'? You mean, the Dark Rangers? Aka. the Forsaken?
    I know the dark rangers are also Forsaken, but they're a very small minority within the Forsaken. The vast majority are undead humans, like the ones we play as. Those regular Forsaken seem to be forgotten about beyond nameless npcs. That's my main issue, we rarely see those characters around any more and I find that rather sad as they're usually pretty fun. Always plotting new and creative plans to fight the enemy, cartoonishly evil yet somehow still on your side. It's a flair that those Dark Rangers don't seem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The major Forsaken players seem to pop up as adversaries to Sylvanas, i.e. Putress at the Wrathgate and the Desolate Council before Battle for Azeroth. It does seem weird they gave Nathanos a more human look, but I hear he has a new model in Battle so his appearance is ultimately unclear.
    They explain Nathanos' more human look in the story Dark Mirror, it's very much here to stay.

The Forsaken exist just to prop up Sylvanas's character bio, which does sort of suck.

On the other hand, I'm torn, because when they were more prevalent, it was a bunch of mad scientist types spreading plague, doing macabre experiments, murdering people (including their own faction,) and just generally being generic evil Halloween monsters. Which also really, really sucked. (And made me lose interest in the Horde, which I'd been playing since I started, because I couldn't justify why my non-Forsaken characters would ever ally with such obvious evil.)

There's far more interesting material to deal with in there, how their new state of un-life impacts how formerly normal people live, how they deal with moving on, or if you want to delve into a more evil area, how they feel pressed into doing terrible things because even in a "sympathetic monster" faction, they're the odd man out that even the beasties find too out of place. And none of this is their fault.
    But no, it just started to feel all cartoon evil, or completely overlooked.

And with Legion Blizzard started to take the Death Knights down the "too evil to be tolerated" path, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    And with Legion Blizzard started to take the Death Knights down the "too evil to be tolerated" path, too.
    Um, no... They haven't. If you're referring to their class hall questline, it's quite the opposite actually. Bolvar risked war with the entire world so he could save Azeroth.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Um, no... They haven't. If you're referring to their class hall questline, it's quite the opposite actually. Bolvar risked war with the entire world so he could save Azeroth.
    The Ebon Blade did that. Thay damned themselves for Azeroth. Bolvar’s motives are unknown. He may be playing a bigger game.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    There's far more interesting material to deal with in there, how their new state of un-life impacts how formerly normal people live, how they deal with moving on, or if you want to delve into a more evil area, how they feel pressed into doing terrible things because even in a "sympathetic monster" faction, they're the odd man out that even the beasties find too out of place. And none of this is their fault.
    But no, it just started to feel all cartoon evil, or completely overlooked.

It would be cool that instead of seeing already strong characters being resurrected as Forsaken and continue being strong, we see characters that used to be random farmhands, housewives, fishermen, etc. get a second chance as Forsaken and take that to the fullest extent to become a powerful agents for the Forsaken. So you'd have people who were 'forsaken' in life become notable Forsaken in undeath.

We haven't seen that much Forsaken in general since Cata. Sylvanas and Nathanos showed up for one zone in Legion then went mia, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I've always viewed the Ebon Blade as the class that could use tactics that no other group could (although, that should have been the Forsaken, and the introduction of DKs maybe started the slide of the Forsaken faction into irrelevance or uselessness.) The class that was using death, necromancy and suffering in ways that others couldn't tolerate, or that would destroy them.
    As a constantly suffering warrior with nothing to look forward to, and so much to atone for, they put everything into the cause of saving the planet.
    It felt like a redemptive story, from being spit on in the hub cities to being champions of Azeroth. Yet was still terribly tragic since it would never truly bring happiness to the character.

Genociding baby dragons and murdering scores of paladins for pretty much no reason was just too far.

I'm to believe that after both factions worked together to defeat the Legion, they're going to immediately go to war again over misunderstandings, but my Alliance DK who is far, FAR more evil than the vast majority of the Horde is going to be welcomed with open arms?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested in seeing more stories with prominent human Forsaken.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because all the "regular" forsaken characters realized Sylvie is unstable and went to join a neutral faction.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Hopefully. His Legion model was so shit.

Now THIS is badass

Last time they tried to introduced new prominent Forsaken (kinda) we got an abomination of a character, Lilian Voss...

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Well, he goes full Dracula in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account

Now THIS is badass

his legion model looks (mostly) human because his decay was reversed by ritual sacrifice of one of his living relatives.

Further evidence that Sylvanas is fucking nuts.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    his legion model looks (mostly) human because his decay was reversed by ritual sacrifice of one of his living relatives.

Further evidence that Sylvanas is fucking nuts.
    Lol.. I’m pretty sure Sylvanas is in love with that guy. He honestly looked cooler in Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Last time they tried to introduced new prominent Forsaken (kinda) we got an abomination of a character, Lilian Voss...

Well, he goes full Dracula in BfA.
    I think Richard Knaak came up with Lillian Voss

5+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is to the Forsaken the same (in a functional sense) than Elisande is to the Shal'dorei. If they want to move further, they need to overthrow their narcissistic, psychotic tyrant.

I think Richard Knaak came up with Lillian Voss
    She does have that typical Knaak's Mary Sue vibe, but iirc he isn't the one who came up w/ her.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-19 at 11:03 PM.