Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    expansion started out great, 7.2 was very disappointing and 7.3 was ok.
    even tho i didnt mind the argus zones at first, that labyrinth of mobs does get annoying after a while.

i liked the artifact system, however with concordance it got quite boring.

professions are good.
    story is decent.
    lvling is fine, however the zones are so streamlined, the little choice you have in quests just makes it a chore after your second character. good thing we have the invasions to power-lvl through.
    for lvl cap content, Suramar was just amazing, BS was meh and argus as said is ok.

for classes:
    -im glad i kept my priest as main. even tho i dearly miss old disc, holy turned out great.
    -unholy dks are darn ass fun
    -i miss a few spells on my frost mage, like alter time or deep freez, besides that however i like it.
    -the new animations are amazing.

dungeons are good, and mythic+ is great.

raids were great.
    i loved NH, EN could've been a bit more challenging.
    ToS was good.

cant wait to see how Antorus turns out.

overall:
    8.1/10

a bit less than mop.

in expansion order:
    1)MoP - 9
    2)Legion - 8.1
    3)WotLK - 8
    4)Cata - 6.7
    5)WoD - 2
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-11-19 at 09:56 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Up to this point, would rate it a solid 6/10.
    I kinda liked it in general, but I can give you a list of things that I hated and liked about it.

EN had no tier sets.
    NH was nice, ToV was nice.
    I hate the Legendary system (I didn't hate it from beginning because I didn't know what to expect)
    I hate the titanforge system, I could agree on the old Warforge system tho, it wasn't so bad (the one that ran in WoD).
    Apart from ToS being overtuned, some fights were fun, but no real reward for Mythic KJ kill, wtf was that about.
    Prestige system is stupid, PvP WQ were stupid.
    I liked M+ and the idea, it works for WoW. So does the idea of WQs.
    I disliked that you couldn't farm rep via dungeons anymore. (just killing the last boss of the dungeon for 250 rep with one faction is a mockery)
    I liked the Mage tower and the idea that I can personally work for what I want without having to drag other ppl with me and struggle till the end of exp. until caving in and having to pay a boost because most ppl suck at the game.
    I liked all the riddles that people found (And blizz introduced) this expansion.
    I liked the design of the land (Except Argus) and backstories (except Sylvannas and Horde lack of story).
    I hated the unreasonable gating (broken shore). The NH gating wasn't that bad.
    I hated having to wait in order to research a higher AK then having it leveled with all the others that didn't play.
    Catch-up mechanisms. This final one ruined the game and sealed the deal for me. Made all my (gearing and AP farm)hardwork and BoEs worthless.

Edit: Disliked the fact that some professions asked for insanely expensive materials which got removed at some point. (rip my time and money)
    Overall, disliked it more than I liked it.

Edit2: My liked expansion order is,
    1. Wrath or the Lich King
    2. Burning Crusade
    3. Warlords of Draenor
    4. Cataclysm
    5. Legion
    6. Mists of Pandaria

I'm really looking forward to BfA.
    Last edited by emilpor; 2017-11-19 at 10:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    8 out of 10 for me.
    -1 - world pvp is frustrating.
    -1 - blizz's gonna kill Hati
    I would give another minus for PVP in total, but well, i didnt touch it because PVE stuff is amazing.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by emilpor View Post

EN had no tier sets.
    The 1st raid of every expac now is tier less, starting back in MoP. They're also significantly easier than the 1st tier raid. Blizz explained it as the "intro raid" made easier to allow for new players to get into raiding.

I have been playing since the start of LK and I would say Legion is by far my favorite xpack.
    The RNG is a little too heavy handed for my taste (I especially despise what they did with the low drop rate rep mounts) and I have some issues with what they did to my main class this xpack- but overall i have enjoyed the rest of the content quite a bit. between hidden artifact stuff, tons of secrets, beautiful zones, entertaining story lines and some decent alt catch up mechanics, i'd say I have been pretty happy overall. Not to mention all of the other little quality of life updates I appreciated.
    I also appreciate the accessibility of 5 man mythics and the wider variety of mounts we got vrs WoD's wolf#14 method.
    Last edited by SylviaDragon; 2017-11-19 at 10:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    8 out of 10 for me.
    -1 - world pvp is frustrating.
    -1 - blizz's gonna kill Hati
    I would give another minus for PVP in total, but well, i didnt touch it because PVE stuff is amazing.
    -1 to legion because of something happening in the BfA prepatch?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    Good raid design (like Warlords and before)
    Unlike Warlords, excellent lore setting
    But completely ruined by :
    -Horrible *added* RNG
    -Horrible Legendary system
    -Horrible WF/TF system
    -Horrible profession system with too many quests and more RNG (recipe ranks)
    -Horrible alt + offspedc unfriendlyness
    -Horrible neverending AP grind
    -Horrible class pruning
    -Horrible gating
    Overall, to me Warlords is bottom and this one is only very slightly above.
    Last edited by mmocc39b1977f7; 2017-11-19 at 10:02 PM.

I'd say 7.5-8

I think the RNG loot and PvP and how a lot of specs feel are the minuses. But everything else was pretty damn good.

7+ Year Old Account
    2/10

I didn't think i would dislike Legion more then i did WoD but i do.

It was okay. It's zones feel tiny because of how densely packed they are and overall they're pretty bland especially if take a tour of somewhere like Northrend and compare.

Legendaries killed a lot of my enthusiasm though because of how lopsided some of them were.

I liked the TF system because it kept all content relavent.

M+ was really good in its first incarnation but I stopped running them when they gutted the amount of loot I could get. So it became a weekly lockout instead of a fun way to gain gear.

I'd give Legion a 7/10 overall.

TBC = 10
    Vanilla = 9
    LK = 9
    Cata = 7
    Legion = 7
    MOP = didn't play
    WoD = 1

1/10 worse then WOD. Legion had so much promise and then halfway through it just tanked . Hard. So many things were wrong with Legion and now it seems they are carrying over some of the worst from Legion to BfA. Blizzard has lost its way. Need new Devs and new Direction
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    in expansion order:
    1)MoP - 9
    2)Legion - 8.1
    3)WotLK - 8
    4)Cata - 6.7
    5)WoD - 2
    i can see all the WotLK fanboys throwing you stones

The pvp was horrible imo. 6 classes to pvp with and i hated it on all 6. pick any role it was bad.

i quit raiding in nighthold. i just can't stand to do a whole xpac worth of it. wotlk was the last time i did a whole xpac worth. just not for me.

too much dailies
    too much ezmode
    too much naga
    val sharah is the worst zone in any game i've ever played. the environment is horrible and there's so much stuff that gets you stuck. so annoying

suramar was the best thing in the whole xpac but /wrists for having to do it again on my warlock for the meta to get the mounts. omg.

DH is cool

the rest of the classes are junk.

Average xpac imo. keep the good throw out the rest. that means no more pvp until fixed, no emerald dreams, no damn naga and change dailies up to daily stories or something that change on a daily basis.

oh and professions were meh both ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    1/10 worse then WOD. Legion had so much promise and then halfway through it just tanked . Hard. So many things were wrong with Legion and now it seems they are carrying over some of the worst from Legion to BfA. Blizzard has lost its way. Need new Devs and new Direction
    Which promises are you talking about exactly ?

little better than cata and wod, worse than wrath and mop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardawn View Post
    Good raid design (like Warlords and before)
    Unlike Warlords, excellent lore setting
    But completely ruined by :
    -Horrible *added* RNG
    -Horrible Legendary system
    -Horrible WF/TF system
    -Horrible profession system with too many quests and more RNG (recipe ranks)
    -Horrible alt + offspedc unfriendlyness
    -Horrible neverending AP grind
    -Horrible class pruning
    -Horrible gating
    Overall, to me Warlords is bottom and this one is only very slightly above.
    Profession questlines are nice i thought.
    I agree for the recipe ranks RNG however.

This was the best expansion since WotLK, probably. My only real complaint was some of the legendarys being "mandatory" for a lot of specs due to their dps increase. Wish they were all utility based instead of raw damage, but great expansion. Hopefully BfA can match/surpass it.

Deleted
    1. Legion
    2. WoD
    3. WotLK/Cataclysm (same)
    4. TBC

Didn't play Vanilla and MoP.

it's the least played expansion for me so far.
    it's got a ton of stuff but that doesn't really matter since i mostly pvp and that's been atrocious in this expansion so.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    personally, after completing all raids on mythic so far within top 10 of my realm i obviously have a highly influential and professional opinion that is valued among the lesser achieving players that make up the majority of this forum.

overall i would say Legion was a solid expansion both in story and implentation of the story. having said that Artifact power and weapons were a failure and as we have heard, Blizzard are happy to see the back of them.

i would place this expansion slightly ahead but only just of WoD and quite a way behind MoP, Cata, Wotlk and TBC.

What are your opinions? (please keep them somewhat coherent)
    Bait too obvious. Work on your subtlety. 2/10 would not bang