Thread: GCD curse

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GCD curse

I have been playing a Windwalker monk since MOP started. I am now unable to play anything but a WW, Rogue, and Feral. And even with those, I can only stand sub cause the rests energy regen is so slow.

1.5 sec GCD just feels so slow, and so boring. Does anyone else feel like this?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Yep, that's one of many reason I can't stand STR classes anymore. So I play ww + sub and alt enhance + surv hunter now.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Yep, that's one of many reason I can't stand STR classes anymore. So I play ww + sub and alt enhance + surv hunter now.
    Both enhance and Surv have 1.5 sec GCDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I have been playing a Windwalker monk since MOP started. I am now unable to play anything but a WW, Rogue, and Feral. And even with those, I can only stand sub cause the rests energy regen is so slow.

Hi, are you me?

No but seriously, I have the same problem. Even Sub is too slow for me sometimes with the waiting for energy. :/

Deleted
    Both enhance and Surv have 1.5 sec GCDs.
    Really? I barely played them last few seasons but really? How come?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the rule was STR classes are slower and that sort of makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Really? I barely played them last few seasons but really? How come?
    I don't think enhance has ever had a 1 sec gcd. But hunters went up to 1.5 at the start of legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only play classes with 1 sec GCDs as well. 1.5 sec GCD feels bad to play with nowadays because so many classes have become build-spend playstyles. Those playstyles are only fun with quick GCDs IMO.

I can stomach 1.5 sec GCD on casters such as mage and priest though. But for melee I highly prefer 1 sec GCDs.

I was sadly surprised that DH had a 1.5 sec GCD when they announced them. I feel like they really missed their opportunity there to make them feel truly like the most agile and fastest class out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I only play classes with 1 sec GCDs as well. 1.5 sec GCD feels bad to play with nowadays because so many classes have become build-spend playstyles. Those playstyles are only fun with quick GCDs IMO.

I can stomach 1.5 sec GCD on casters such as mage and priest though. But for melee I highly prefer 1 sec GCDs.

I was sadly surprised that DH had a 1.5 sec GCD when they announced them. I feel like they really missed their opportunity there to make them feel truly like the most agile and fastest class out there.
    That's exactly what I said about demon hunters.

I can't even play a ranged class, cause a cast time is basically a 1.5 sec gcd that hits at the end of it. I try to fight on my mage and think "this would have been dead by now on a melee". lol

They're still pretty high APM with core mechanics like meta giving 1.25x haste

and w/ t21 set a good portion of the fight is spent with hardcapped 0.75s globals

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what I said about demon hunters.

I can't even play a ranged class, cause a cast time is basically a 1.5 sec gcd that hits at the end of it. I try to fight on my mage and think "this would have been dead by now on a melee". lol
    Power budget for a lot of casters is pretty fucked this expansion. Frost Mage is a pretty good example of this where Frostbolt and Ice Lance both used to hit for roughly the same damage while nowadays Ice lance pretty much does 4 or 5x more damage than Frostbolt does. So actually casting such spells just doesn't feel satisfying anymore due to how Blizzard budgeted their power.

What is 1.5 sec GCD? Are you talking about specific spell or ability? Please tell me i want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    What is 1.5 sec GCD? Are you talking about specific spell or ability? Please tell me i want to know.
    The GCD is the time it takes in between using instant cast abilities.

Maybe you should try out some new classes? Something like a Plate user or Ranged? Or even a different role, you mind find something you like...

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor you.

Try having 3s cast times and fight mechanics that require constant movement..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

It's the main reason I went to priest in legion after playing dk in wod, shadow is a nice and fast spec just like unholy was in wod with breath spec before they gutted it in legion.

Deleted

Try FDK. /10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Poor you.

Try having 3s cast times and fight mechanics that require constant movement..
    I think the entire point is that nobody wants to, and with WoW nobody really has 3s cast times these days outside of Fire Mage legendary bracer proccs (shimmer hooo). It's the reason I couldn't get on with the Final Fantasty (iirc) mmo that came out; 1.5s is horrible enough but 2.5s GCDs were cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by hambanner View Post
    Try FDK. /10 chars
    FDK is 1.5s too. They changed that with Hunter in Legion iirc - Or before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play FFXIV as much as WoW, so none of the GCDs feel slow to me anymore lol.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I think the entire point is that nobody wants to, and with WoW nobody really has 3s cast times these days outside of Fire Mage legendary bracer proccs (shimmer hooo). It's the reason I couldn't get on with the Final Fantasty (iirc) mmo that came out; 1.5s is horrible enough but 2.5s GCDs were cancer.

FDK is 1.5s too. They changed that with Hunter in Legion iirc - Or before.
    Doesn't feel slow at all, definitely not as slow as my rogue outside Adrenaline Rush.

Frost DK and Fury Warrior are practically gcd locked, try those. I get annoyed by rogue with its energy regeneration, it's very feast or famine. I get annoyed with casters for this reason too (cast times) but have been digging mage and lock recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Which specs have 1s base GCD? Didn't know this was a thing.

Still, both specs I listed above feel faster/smoother than rogue and feral.