Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Yeah, both her and Avatar claimed a few victims this tier
    The difference is no one pugs these. You use voice comms, often addons that help planning things, weak auras, you have a raid leader doing shot calling, healers have assigned order of cooldowns and so forth.

Things that are obvious because your guild does it so, stop being obvious when you have to deal with strangers and many have different ideas about optimal tactic. I'm yet to see a pug tank that would deal with bone saw on Inquisition the way I'm expecting it to be done (move boss away from raid, then go to the cage), they either go insta to the cage leaving boss to spin on top of melee, never taunt it back so the only way I can make them take it is drop into the cage after I moved boss, taunt too early so it spins back to melee or some other variation of it. I'm starting to ask myself what is the "pug approved" (tm) way of tanking inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The difference is no one pugs these. You use voice comms, often addons that help planning things, weak auras, you have a raid leader doing shot calling, healers have assigned order of cooldowns and so forth.

Things that are obvious because your guild does it so, stop being obvious when you have to deal with strangers and many have different ideas about optimal tactic. I'm yet to see a pug tank that would deal with bone saw on Inquisition the way I'm expecting it to be done (move boss away from raid, then go to the cage), they either go insta to the cage leaving boss to spin on top of melee, never taunt it back so the only way I can make them take it is drop into the cage after I moved boss, taunt too early so it spins back to melee or some other variation of it. I'm starting to ask myself what is the "pug approved" (tm) way of tanking inquisition.
    Was in reference to a previous poster talking about mistress being a soul crushing experience and killing his guild.

I wouldn't go near mythic with a pug group at all, i'm saying that I don't even pug heroic. Best I use mythic for is when i'm feeling like going through normal mode, save my heroic and mythic clears for in guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Was in reference to a previous poster talking about mistress being a soul crushing experience and killing his guild.
    Yeah, I understand that "soulcrushing" is different for different people, I imagine for the OP it's soul crushing that something considered "easy" (a non mythic boss after many nerfs) is still not doable with pugs, because we do expect mythic, especially past initial few bosses, to be hard, but less so about heroic few weeks before tier is over.

People tend to forget how much a stable team that always does things the same way makes things easier, in raiding, m+ or whatever other content. And then we get threads like "why do people suck in... x content", funnily these same people might have done that same content just fine with their guilds but when matched with strangers tons of random issues arise that you might have not even taken into consideration as possible before.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You call that soul crushing?

Trying wiping the second week Guldan is available with all these "AoTC" people that actually have it but have no idea how to play in total of probably 50 hours in a mix of waiting/wiping.

Too many people getting carried as socials in their guilds.

Too many people buying AoTC too early.

Too many people are plain shit at the game but refuse to accept it.
    yuuup

------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As part of the process maybe, but talking to someone is an art we seem to have lost.
    Why bother talking to someone when my baddon/logs/wowprog says they suck? hehehehehe

in case you missed it, that was sarcasm, talking to people rarely accomplishes anything as most would rather take a trashcan with high ilvl over an actual skilled player but what else can you do? Might as well make your own group.

-----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Read all of the second sentence. "until new content comes out" which is in like a week and a half.
    Not really relevant to quote, just curious what class you are? Didn't see it mentioned in your post. Guessing DH?

At least you'll be able to do it with like five people next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    And all I have to show for me time was a big repair bill, stack of wasted consumables, and a little less faith in humanity.
    That's usual pug experience, actually. And it's a reason why some players avoid doing pugs whatsoever
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Not really relevant to quote, just curious what class you are? Didn't see it mentioned in your post. Guessing DH?
    I'm a brewmaster.

Deleted
    Decency. Statistically people just don't have it. They don't have the decency to acknowledge they
    • don't know something (mechanics)
    • have not enough experience with something to adjust their play according to any oh-shit moments possible
    • plain suck at something (i.e. some dungeons, bosses)
    • rely on others' work to make "their" runs go as smooth as possible
    and therefore WILL be a weight to carry for others.

This results in the same people
    • leaving m+ midthrough
    • causing wipes in non-organized groups
    • blaming everyone else for the failure of the group
    • sh*tting on everybody else because they are l33t pwnz0rs themselves but cba to "be that guy"
    which is incredibly sad.

I'm hoping one day Blizz WILL implement an account-wide ignore option, which will allow me to experince such people only once and block them for later. Maybe they will go as far and even create either a player tribunal or AI to manage griefing monkeys. So far Blizz is doing NOTHING about people who are perceived as toxic. They simply don't like to learn from other games I guess - being the leading mmo out there.

I myself declined friendly invites from my (extremely supportive!) guild to come over to mythic raids BECAUSE I don't like the idea of wasting 19 other peoples' time with my lack of experience in that content. For the same reason I am not stepping foot in some of the dungeons on keys above 9 - I simply never played them enough to consider myself NOT a burden. It's too much to expect from "zem peoples on ze internetz" though Sad.

Was only pugging in NH, first week it was available, it took me about 100 wipes on Guldan hc to get AOTC and I had to spend about 8 hours per day on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and nearly 10 hours on Sunday to keep rebuilding groups to get AOTC on the first week.

You either want it or you dont.

Pugging is most of the time problamatic, especially when you take into consideration inexperiensed players.
    What i would suggest, if you have the time for it and the resources, either put a Voice com requierment when setting up a group, or ask applicants to explain tactics as a way to prove they know what they are doing.

It might take more time to set up a group, but its going to be worth it in the long run.

Madness will consume you!!!

I am curved on 10 toons just by pugging, this is how you oneshot him:

"KJ link curve 940+"

Only invite people with curve earlier than September

How many kills do they have? Only invite with 5+.

See if ilvl equipped is 940+, not in bags

Do they have ToS/Mythic gear or just welfare items from M+/invasion points.

Do they have legendaries for their spec?

That's it. oneshot!

Sounds like a normal pug to me.

Read all of the second sentence. "until new content comes out" which is in like a week and a half.
    OK, so what's stopping you from signing up to raid with another guild temporarily?

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Meby insted of puging try guild raiding ?
    Meby instead of replying try reading ?

You create a group for bads and then complain that it's bad. Wow.
    Pugging isn't all that bad if you organize a group properly.
    On the other hand if people have the impression that they are in a raid full of morons led by a moron then they will simply leave and look for a decent one - or at least the good players will.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2017-11-20 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    You create a group for bads and then complain that it's bad. Wow.
    Pugging isn't all that bad if you organize a group properly.
    On the other hand if people have the impression that they are in a raid full of morons led by a moron then they will simply leave and look for a decent one - or at least the good players will.
    ... and then people complain how addons create toxicity ... surely not people, they aren't toxic.

Pug + no voice comm + final boss are the biggest red flags you could imagine.

Asking (and checking) for AotC + very high ilvl is essential. Here is a hard truth: pugs are not for progressing, they are for farming.
    Successful pugs are composed of people who have progressed bosses previously in a stable group/guild.

If you need to progress in pugs because you don't raid in a guild, you should join an incomplete guild group, join their vocal and stay for more than a few tries. Aka put the work.
    Last edited by krl; 2017-11-20 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    I am curved on 10 toons just by pugging, this is how you oneshot him:

"KJ link curve 940+"

Only invite people with curve earlier than September

How many kills do they have? Only invite with 5+.

See if ilvl equipped is 940+, not in bags

Do they have ToS/Mythic gear or just welfare items from M+/invasion points.

Do they have legendaries for their spec?

That's it. oneshot!
    In a full PUG, this can be effective indeed.

To OP:
    However the more guild memebers you have in the group, the lower PUG requirements are needed.

2 weeks ago we had a non stop oneshot group with 1/3 of guild members, 2/3 PUGs in like 90 mins (or less) - OP, my guild is similar, and most of them don't do hc runs in ToS anymore, not even once per week for alts. They are waiting for the new raid.

So even a few guild members can do miracles in a PUG run (the whole raid was good, not just the guild, we were lucky with random ppl).

This time, last week we weren't so lucky. We were only 4 from the guild and 2 of 4 were casuals that were basically carried - and they also failed on each Maiden pulls as well.
    So I had to call it at 6/9, 3 wipes on Maiden. Clueless ppl can ruin any kind of content.

I can remember a "soulcrushing" PUG experience when I was going for Highmaul curve. I got it after all, spending more than 3 hours on Imperator.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Pug + no voice comm + final boss are the biggest red flags you could imagine.

Personally I see mandatory voice com as a sign that people in the group need someone else to tell them what to do and hence stay as far away as possible.