Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    We're so "obsessed" with you because you're .3% of the population and yet act like we should do whatever you want and change the majority for the good of the vast minority that you are... and multiple cases of parents abusing their children by having them on hormones before they old enough to have their own thoughts, and helping create a society where you can't freely express your self for fear of marginalization.

I mean just look at this thread and it's subject... it should never have even been a topic for discussion, guy doesn't want to use made up pronouns, good for him, period. that's all the debate required... but as soon as someone goes against you they're literally portrayed as Hitler...
    Ignoring, of course, that the AAP and WPATH have codified treatment of trans kids and you all (since we're painting with a broad brush) are doing everything in your power to interfere with and ruin our lives all I can say is, well, "Who gives a shit?"

Good lord, you guys should listen to yourselves sometimes.

We're so "obsessed" with you because you're .3% of the population and yet act like we should do whatever you want and change the majority for the good of the vast minority that you are... and multiple cases of parents abusing their children by having them on hormones before they old enough to have their own thoughts,
    It's illegal to put young children on hormones. So, what are you even talking about?

and helping create a society where you can't freely express your self for fear of marginalization.
    Which society would that be? The one in your head?

I mean just look at this thread and it's subject... it should never have even been a topic for discussion, guy doesn't want to use made up pronouns, good for him, period. that's all the debate required
    All pronouns are made up. That's how this started. Circle

but as soon as someone goes against you they're literally portrayed as Hitler...
    You guys complain about being answered with ridicule and say things like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    It is actually pretty important. If you're not black you using the n-word and accusing me of racism is pretty ironic.
    Nope, it's totally irrelevant. Suppose I am the worst racist to ever exist. That doesn't make you less guilty, not does it make what I have said untrue. You murdering someone and then saying, "Well that guy over there murdered 3 people!" isn't a valid defense.

You have no leg to stand on with your actual stated position so you've resorted to ad hominem. You're attacking my character instead of addressing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Nope, it's totally irrelevant. Suppose I am the worst racist to ever exist. That doesn't make you less guilty, not does it make what I have said untrue. You murdering someone and then saying, "Well that guy over there murdered 3 people!" isn't a valid defense.

You have no leg to stand on with your actual stated position so you've resorted to ad hominem. You're attacking my character instead of addressing the point.
    My actual stated position? Also, you don't have a point to attack so far. Only accusations.

You guys complain about being answered with ridicule and say things like this...
    From the article that Tennis used for the OP...

Shepherd said she was chastised by her superiors for failing to condemn Peterson’s remarks outright and told her neutral approach to the clip was tantamount to remaining neutral on other objectionable views such as those of Adolf Hitler.
    In other news, once again Elba is full of shit!

- - - Updated - - -

My actual stated position?
    You've stated that Iran deserves to have nuclear weapons regardless of their genocidal intentions. You can backpedal that if you want, but it won't wash away your racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Ignoring, of course, that the AAP and WPATH have codified treatment of trans kids and you all (since we're painting with a broad brush) are doing everything in your power to interfere with and ruin our lives all I can say is, well, "Who gives a shit?"

That's because there is literally no such thing as trans kids... when they reach maturity they can figure out if they are trans or not and hormonal treatments should be outright outlawed unless they are literally required for a potentially fatal disease/disorder. A kid doesn't have enough thought capacity or information to understand what he is yet, so having him on hormone treatments because "He feels like a girl" when he has a penis is not a valid reason. Let them wear dresses, make-up and w/e but don't fuck up with their physiology until they can make that decision for themselves.

Sure it might not be legal in Canada but it's not illegal everywhere, and there are trans people fighting for it to be legalized... not saying you 2 are.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2017-11-20 at 04:25 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's because there is literally no such thing as trans kids... when they reach maturity they can figure out if they are trans or not and hormonal treatments should be outright outlawed unless they are literally required for a potentially fatal disease/disorder. A kid doesn't have enough thought capacity or information to understand what he is yet, so having him on hormone treatments because "He feels like a girl" when he has a penis is not a valid reason. Let them wear dresses, make-up and w/e but don't fuck up with their physiology until they can make that decision for themselves.
    Blah blah blah. Thank you for your unsolicited opinion. AAP says you're wrong. Take it up with them.

Thanks for proving my point about the whole "debate me tranny!" joke, though.

Trans person: "My pronouns are so and so."

Bigot: "I won't respect that. You're a delusional sick individual and a danger to children."

Trans person: "Wow you're a dick."

Bigot: "Did you just call me literal Hitler? Omg, stop oppressing me. This is how fascism starts!"

- - - Updated - - -

From the article that Tennis used for the OP...

In other news, once again Elba is full of shit!
    Well, the guy does peddle Nazi conspiracy theories. Muh post modern cultural Marxism. The comparison seems abt, even though I suspect they were using hyperbole to underscore the seriousness Peterson's anti wrong think network might pose.

FYou've stated that Iran deserves to have nuclear weapons regardless of their genocidal intentions. You can backpedal that if you want
    Iran is a sovereign nation. Every sovereign nation deserves to have nuclear weapons should they so desire.

but it won't wash away your racism.
    Racism against who? You are the one making racist statements ITT.
    Last edited by Elba; 2017-11-20 at 04:32 AM.

Iran is a sovereign nation. Every sovereign nation deserves to have nuclear weapons should they so desire.
    Bullshit. Nations don't have more moral license than individuals. Sensible nations don't let a citizen buy a gun if that citizen is a violent psychopath that has stated in no uncertain terms that they're going to go on a mass shooting as soon as they have a gun. The global community would have to be out of its mind to condone the nuclear armament of a nation that has stated they want to murder an entire race of people. That kind of thinking is dangerous nonsense.

Maybe you're not a racist, maybe you're just an idiot. I think that's too charitable for you though. I think you're more than smart enough to see how your ideas if adopted by those in power would result in the mass extermination of innocent people along racial lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like this article. First of all:

She said failure to encourage genuine debate in classrooms not only shortchanges students by leaving them without the skills to think critically in real-life debates, but may also drive those who feel their views are not welcome to seek out more receptive audiences, such as communities of online agitators or active proponents of hate.
    This is happening. It's not just fearmongering - it's there, it's fostering and it's obvious to anyone who steps outside an academic institution. So long that we refuse discussion, we'll foster divisiveness.

Then, you have:

She said she was permitted to keep her position so long as she agreed to file copies of her lesson plans in advance and allow faculty members to sit in on her sessions whenever they wished, constraints she said are not standard practice for Laurier.
    That's censorship if I've ever seen it. It's a stark reminder that when freedom of thought is achieved, another group will fight to take it away. It's pure sociological forces battling one another, but we (IE: Everyone) still need to fight against this.

Then this:

Shepherd said a student complained about the clip, which she showed to two tutorials of roughly 24 participants each. In response, she said, her supervisors censured her for airing the clips, told her she was “transphobic” for playing them and said she ought to have spoken out against the positions Peterson expressed during the excerpt.
    This part is not so much censorship than the outright assumption that the slightest slip of tongue or sharing of ideas can be considered as appropriating an opinion. At this point, this is just pure idiocity or fascism of thoughts.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Bullshit. Nations don't have more moral license than individuals. Sensible nations don't let a citizen buy a gun if that citizen is a violent psychopath that has stated in no uncertain terms that they're going to go on a mass shooting as soon as they have a gun. The global community would have to be out of its mind to condone the nuclear armament of a nation that has stated they want to murder an entire race of people. That kind of thinking is dangerous nonsense.
    How is it the global communities business? Should nations enforce what other nations can or cannot have? Who is the supreme authority here? America?

Maybe you're not a racist, maybe you're just an idiot. I think that's too charitable for you though. I think you're more than smart enough to see how your ideas if adopted by those in power would result in the mass extermination of innocent people along racial lines.
    Weren't you complaining about as hominems before?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I really like this article. First of all:

This is happening. It's not just fearmongering - it's there, it's fostering and it's obvious to anyone who steps outside an academic institution. So long that we refuse discussion, we'll foster divisiveness.

Then, you have:

That's censorship if I've ever seen it. It's a stark reminder that when freedom of thought is achieved, another group will fight to take it away. It's pure sociological forces battling one another, but we (IE: Everyone) still need to fight against this.

Then this:

This part is not so much censorship than the outright assumption that the slightest slip of tongue or sharing of ideas can be considered as appropriating an opinion. At this point, this is just pure idiocity or fascism of thoughts.
    Presenting bigotry without challenging it is basically propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    "We're going to pass laws and impose social norms to shut you up, get you fired, and open the way to seizing your kids when you won't give them hormone treatments! But WE'RE the victims! Just shut up whiners!"
    Considering the bill added gender identity to the Canadian Human Rights act, and therefore actually protected transgender people from being fired for their gender identity, what you're bitching about here is literally the opposite of what is happening. You really need to do your research and stop sucking on the alt right teat.

Ironically, Jordan Peterson is ALSO covered by that change. Namely, thanks to that bill the university cannot legally dismiss him for being cisgender. Kek.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean just look at this thread and it's subject... it should never have even been a topic for discussion, guy doesn't want to use made up pronouns, good for him, period. that's all the debate required... but as soon as someone goes against you they're literally portrayed as Hitler...
    Again, Peterson is propagating a falsehood that the C-16 bill forces him to use certain pronouns. It doesn't. He is lying.

You can read the text of the bill yourself and see, it is online, along with the Canadian Human Rights Act which it amends. Furthermore, the bill became law months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    The youth and young adults of today have no great battle to fight. They have no oppression against them.

These dumbass kids hear stories of hippies protesing Nam and they see images of people standing in front of tanks defiantly, and they think to themselves,

"Where is my fight?"

There is none. All of this social justice outrage is insecurity from living in an age where everything is handed to you on a silver plater. Humans are built to struggle. When there is no struggle, they are lost.
    The scary thing is they are easily taken advantage of because people have figured that out, give them some worthless cause to fight for and they will follow you like sheep.

Deleted
    Leftist "liberals" are in truth complete authoritarian totalitarists who tolerate no views different from their own? More news at then.

10+ Year Old Account
    You poor thing. There, there.
    Hes not hurting a trans by calling them a he/she. By demanding that they be fired or sending that person to jail for refusing to give someone special treatment because they are a minority you ARE hurting someone.

Presenting bigotry without challenging it is basically propaganda.
    Policing thought without challenge it's basically condoning brainwashing.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2017-11-20 at 05:40 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    No one is debating your existence. People are debating the forced acceptance of the characterization of one part of your existence. Trying to simplify the argument in such a way is dishonest and doesn’t help you convince anyone.
    The fuck they aren't. The very basis of the entire debate on trans individuals is whether we have the right to express ourselves in the same manner as the rest of the populace. That's evident in any discussion on a board like this where any time the subject is broached we're suddenly discussing the mental health of other posters and the entire trans population and discussing whether the government or society should be able to interfere in our medical decisions or that laid out by pediatricians because someone at The Federalist dug up some outlying case.

I'd love to have an actual discussion on freedom of speech / expression from a trans perspective, but it's never going to happen as long as the entire debate is questioning whether or not we even get to exist. We certainly aren't afforded freedom of speech or expression. Not without dire consequences that far outweigh anything this chucklehead professor will ever have to deal with, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Hes not hurting a trans by calling them a he/she. By demanding that they be fired or sending that person to jail for refusing to give someone special treatment because they are a minority you ARE hurting someone.

This thread is full of rules breaking, so fuck it.

Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    ....then I'm confused. What exacly is the professor crusading against then? I'd fight tooth snd nail against that part of the law as well ( i don't believe in being forced to indulge peoples fantasy. I don't care if a guy wants to be called she or a girl wants to be called he. I'm not using xer and others however). If that's no longer an issues I would relax.
    He claims C-16 would lead to him potentially being jailed for refusing to use someone's pronoun. But if you read it, it does nothing of the sort:

http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en...6/royal-assent

It's just including gender identity in existing identifiable groups. So if he's correct then whatever draconian results it's supposed to have should already be happening re: gender, race, religion etc.

His point of view just doesn't hold up to five seconds of examination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck they aren't. The very basis of the entire debate on trans individuals is whether we have the right to express ourselves in the same manner as the rest of the populace. That's evident in any discussion on a board like this where any time the subject is broached we're suddenly discussing the mental health of other posters and the entire trans population and discussing whether the government or society should be able to interfere in our medical decisions or that laid out by pediatricians because someone at The Federalist dug up some outlying case.

I'd love to have an actual discussion on freedom of speech / expression from a trans perspective, but it's never going to happen as long as the entire debate is questioning whether or not we even get to exist. We certainly aren't afforded freedom of speech or expression. Not without dire consequences that far outweigh anything this chucklehead professor will ever have to deal with, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is full of rules breaking, so fuck it.

Here.
    And yet here you are, expressing yourself.

And as for that comic, I agree, we shouldn't allow trans people to be discriminated against in such ways... However we shouldn't force people to call them made up pronouns either. The first 5 panels are legit problems that we should solve, the last one is just nonsense that shouldn't even be considered.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2017-11-20 at 05:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post

His argument doesn’t hold in any case. Presenting one side of the argument without challenging it is propaganda. Presenting both side and asking people to come to their own conclusion is critical thinking.

It’s no surprise that the world is in this situation, when you consider that critical thinking isn’t even understood by the groups that ought to teach it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

How are university teachers supposed to remember so many peoples names let alone the students choice of one out of thirty one gender identities lol, or are you allowed to have multiple and be a completely righteous pc asshole?., mess it up and the school gets sued, smh. All these pc noun agro twits are accomplishing is making life harder on themselves, don't expect anything extra because you choose to be a gender identity 99% of the world hasn't heard of or care to think about just to suit your sexual identity journey. Newsflash: Most people don't give a fuck about anyone.

Straight people don't kiss straight peoples butts or give undeserved respect just because they are straight, it's a dog eat dog world. If anyone applied to me for a job and i had done my due research/interviewing of them.. if their was a hint of someone being difficult based on their rare sexual persona they have to get out there and how they think they deserve to be treated specially aren't worth the risk, who needs problematic personalities in the workplace? Who has time for it? Noone.