Thread: t21 BiS

t21 BiS

What're we lookin' at as the BiS setup for t21? Been hearing that we're switchin' back to mastery stacking instead of haste. Tryin' to figure out what tier pieces I'm gonna use and the legendaries that I'll use too.

I figure for legendaries it'll be raddon/aothg, though with consistent uptime there's an argument for sephuz. I also saw some people arguing about CT and SotS, but I figure BD will be retired next tier because using it doesn't get any fury back and there's no chance of spawning an orb to shorten the EB cd.

As for tier pieces, given the stat setups, I figure, best to worst, it's back, legs, gloves, chest, shoulders, head.

If I'm completely off base here, help me out.

it will depend massively on the encounter. On single target encounters it will be hard to say if Raddon's will be worth it, but to be honest, until the 1st week of the raid opens up and Blizz do there final round of tuning its anyone's guess.

I would be surprised if SotS gains value, especially once we move away from t20 4 set, but I imagine Anger will remain our go to, with /Cloak/Belt/Raddons/Sephuz all being reasonably close fighting for the 2nd spot. Shoulders will lose a lot of their value once we move into the new tier and are no longer favouring CB, and the chest/boots/trinket have always been pretty sub optimal once you acquire stronger legionaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    it will depend massively on the encounter. On single target encounters it will be hard to say if Raddon's will be worth it, but to be honest, until the 1st week of the raid opens up and Blizz do there final round of tuning its anyone's guess.

I would be surprised if SotS gains value, especially once we move away from t20 4 set, but I imagine Anger will remain our go to, with /Cloak/Belt/Raddons/Sephuz all being reasonably close fighting for the 2nd spot. Shoulders will lose a lot of their value once we move into the new tier and are no longer favouring CB, and the chest/boots/trinket have always been pretty sub optimal once you acquire stronger legionaries.
    Raddons is the top simming legendary for ST with 4pc and given that there are add fights quite often (special thanks to Eonar encounter) we'll probably be using it til late BfA leveling.

It also is the most stable one, as it provides a flat reduction of EB cd. Given Demonic fury gains and orb spawns are inconsistent at best, it'll overshadow DoG by virtue of having a similiar meta uptime increase while giving you the Haste proc and generating a ton.

Sephuz won't be used that much, fights that have easy ways to proc it(hello Eonar) are way better for Raddons and both legendaries kind of exclude one another with the haste - you only need 15% base haste to reach 100% in EB meta, and there's basically no gain to having more than 100% without demon blades.

SotS will die in a fire, next tier is back to crit/mastery stacking so DS will be behind, not only that but it also can't spawn souls from Demonic Appetite proc.

In general, burst legendaries are getting worse since we are moving away from CB, while sustained damage is getting better. Of course, consider the stat priority and talent build before blindly equipping a leggo.

Not sure why sephuz is bad just cause eye beam would cap haste. Just proc it after 4pc buff falls off. Then you have two sources of boosted haste.

Deleted
    Sorry but, where is the point in getting so much haste with demonic?
    No Chaosblades.
    No Demonblades.
    No First blood.
    No Throw glaive.

Just autohits / gcd.
    I can't see why "more" haste should have such an impact.

What's the maximum GDC reduction from haste?

Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    Sorry but, where is the point in getting so much haste with demonic?
    No Chaosblades.
    No Demonblades.
    No First blood.
    No Throw glaive.

Just autohits / gcd.
    I can't see why "more" haste should have such an impact.
    This is why we're talking about moving away from haste and back to Crit/Mast.

Now I do have to wonder if there's a certain amount of haste to look for, or if it'll be complete garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    What's the maximum GDC reduction from haste?
    0.75s at 100% haste, reducing GCD to 0.75s.

Quote Originally Posted by Teevo View Post
    This is why we're talking about moving away from haste and back to Crit/Mast.

Now I do have to wonder if there's a certain amount of haste to look for, or if it'll be complete garbage.
    15% is the sweet spot, since you'll be at 100% haste after EB, which means 11 globals in meta.

This is all thrown back in the air. It will likely take a couple days to get a good read on this because Nem/CB is looking to be used again except for add fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    0.75s at 100% haste, reducing GCD to 0.75s.
    You can reduce the GCD below 1sec? I'm really not up-to-date with the new GCD mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    You can reduce the GCD below 1sec? I'm really not up-to-date with the new GCD mechanics.
    Irrelevant now that our t21 got cucked.

You can reduce GCD to 0.75 under Bloodlust. With ~20% haste you will have 10GCDs under Demonic vs 11 with unnerfed tierset

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, no it's not. Even with the nerfed T21 you get close to a 1 second GCD with zero haste on gear outside of Bloodlust - with even a little bit (4.4%) you'll go under that.