Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    probably one of the worst suggestions i'ver heard ..not that it's the worst pr say, but the sincerity with which u deliver it and your reasonings.

making PL will solve 0.5% of the problems and waste 50+% of all the loot from mythic raiding ..did u consider that?

one guy gets bis trinket 3 times in a row ..cannot trade it

one guy gets shit 2ndary stats, bis for someone else ...chooses to equip something 20 ilvl's lower, DE's the PL loot

....method kills end boss 3 days later than normal

GOOD JOB!!!

Deleted
    Ehmm... No. As mentioned earlier in the topic personal loot has been created for pugs against ninjaing loot. Not being able to divide loot in mythic will screw over semi hardcore guilds as well if one guy seems to get more lucky than the other. It will create massive gaps between your lowest and highest damage/healing.

They shouldn't force loot options or the lack of them on people. It is bad enough now that groups that aren't a high enough % of the same guild can't use master loot if they want.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I don't like personal loot. Its RNG in RNG

Deleted
    Split raiding effects so little people why bother?

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused...

Are you asking them to do this so you and your guild who cant do split runs have a chance to compete with the big boys?
    In principle the situation is fine. Yes, TF is currently out of hand and Yes, even Blizzard admits that there are tuning issues. The guys competing in the world first races will still compete in the world first races because that is what they enjoy. Master loot is fine as it is, personal loot is fine for its purpose too.
    Last edited by Smallfruitbat; 2017-11-17 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    How about fixing WoW so that there's no horrendous tuning brought on by guilds that split raid 12 hours a day.

You want to defend a failed system "because that's how it's always been done!" that is currently destroying guilds that have been raiding the hardest raids for 16 years now, but no longer can because Blizzard balances they entire system around ONE guild.
    It's been 1 overtuned boss.

Chill out.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet but tier sets are being removed, so that was one of the main reason to split run, so hey there's that

Split runs also take place in heroic rather than mythic, except at the end of the tier

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic raids are MUCH more of a group effort than any other difficulty.

Personal loot would just make it a single player reward game.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    They are already forcing people to use Personal Loot almost all the time - no need to do it even more. It's a shit system to prevent toxic players from being toxic - in turn taking away choice and control for everyone else.

Deleted
    Seems like a rambling load of nonsense.

You get to the "Why enforce personal loot" and then go on about the 1% of guilds in the mythic world first race, and don't even mention WHY enforcing personal loot on they, who don't want it and the rest of the world where it isn't a problem, would fix anything. All it would mean is that world first guilds would do split runs to get personal gear, just like when they leveled up multiple characters in hope of getting the BIS legendary.

To top it off you then go on to say that gear doesn't even really matter much since the bosses aren't brute forceable due to oneshot mechanics.

Your problem seems to be how few guilds have killed KJ, even at this late point in the tier where guilds are overgeared as hell, and then you seem to come to the conclusion that the LOOT rules are a problem? How do you even manage that?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned yet but tier sets are being removed, so that was one of the main reason to split run, so hey there's that

Split runs also take place in heroic rather than mythic, except at the end of the tier
    WF/TF gear, especially trinkets/weapons(relics in Legion), also play a big role in incentivizing splits, and BfA will still have azerite gear, which also encourages split raids to some extent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Seems like a rambling load of nonsense.

You get to the "Why enforce personal loot" and then go on about the 1% of guilds in the mythic world first race, and don't even mention WHY enforcing personal loot on they, who don't want it and the rest of the world where it isn't a problem, would fix anything. All it would mean is that world first guilds would do split runs to get personal gear, just like when they leveled up multiple characters in hope of getting the BIS legendary.

To top it off you then go on to say that gear doesn't even really matter much since the bosses aren't brute forceable due to oneshot mechanics.

Your problem seems to be how few guilds have killed KJ, even at this late point in the tier where guilds are overgeared as hell, and then you seem to come to the conclusion that the LOOT rules are a problem? How do you even manage that?
    Which is funny, because the number of kills is actually fairly close to Blackhand before HFC.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Every character method is running Antorus with will be in 940+
    Every character that was played even little bit in ToS will be 940+. I raid once per week, keep random breaks, do few alt HC pugs and sometimes grind world quests for TF procs = Got 4x 940+ characters. Of course I grind M+ whenever bored, but majority of gear came from ToS HC pugs where I just invited higher geared guys who were same class that I was, and then they gave the loot to me. This may be pretty far from the point of this thread, but it's not like only hardcore raiders had easy times gearing to high ilvl. I personally love this Legion loot system, but legendary farming is only limiting factor - If I don't have BiS legos on all my alts, I really can't raid mythic on them even if I wanted.

Just so you guys know, when tiers & legendarys will be gone in BfA, imagine the way of gearing then - it will even faster. Rerolling new alts to specific bosses etc - no more BiS legos needed to make that work, no more RNG with tier, you could just grind your gear from M+.

fuck personal loot

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Gear is not rewarding enough, and at the same time it is TOO rewarding.
    For future reference, this is where a lot of us stopped reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    Every character that was played even little bit in ToS will be 940+. I raid once per week, keep random breaks, do few alt HC pugs and sometimes grind world quests for TF procs = Got 4x 940+ characters. Of course I grind M+ whenever bored, but majority of gear came from ToS HC pugs where I just invited higher geared guys who were same class that I was, and then they gave the loot to me. This may be pretty far from the point of this thread, but it's not like only hardcore raiders had easy times gearing to high ilvl. I personally love this Legion loot system, but legendary farming is only limiting factor - If I don't have BiS legos on all my alts, I really can't raid mythic on them even if I wanted.

Just so you guys know, when tiers & legendarys will be gone in BfA, imagine the way of gearing then - it will even faster. Rerolling new alts to specific bosses etc - no more BiS legos needed to make that work, no more RNG with tier, you could just grind your gear from M+.
    You must be very lucky. GM and RL of our mythic guild has 931 ilvl. That's the problem of Legion. Some pathetic alt doing trivial questing had one tier better gear, than head of the serious mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    You must be very lucky. GM and RL of our mythic guild has 931 ilvl. That's the problem of Legion. Some pathetic alt doing trivial questing had one tier better gear, than head of the serious mythic guild.
    No, if you're only 931 at this point, you've not been doing weekly +10/15 and ToS heroic/mythic on any kind of consistent level(or are a rdruid using extremely low ilevel T19 gear, to the point where it's almost definitely not worth using). Getting pure ilevel is extremely easy in Legion. I have all 12 classes at 935+ ilevel with 940+ in bags, just from +10 each week and occasional heroic clears, it really does not take a lot.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    931 means:
    a) he didn't log in for months
    b) he's using lots of items with underrated ilvl (Arcano, NH tier, CoF, etc.)
    c) you're lying.

BTT:
    removing tier already goes a long way towards devaluing splits, now they need to deal with TF. I've actually grown to like it, since it helps you gear twinks so much. But it still need some adjustments for mythic raiding.

Personal loot is a terrible idea, the worse the guild the more it benefits from loot master, because the further you go down the wider the skill/commitment discrepancies become.. In your attempt to fix a world first race that's beyond redemption you would cripple hundreds of guilds.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2017-11-20 at 10:04 AM.

If you actually wanted to eliminate split runs the solution isn't to enforce personal loot but instead to extend the relinquished system into raids instead of only having it as a catchup mechanic as it is right now, all you have to do is remove all loot from bosses put it into the vendor and have bosses award currency that allows you to purchase raid loot and you killed split runs for good because gear funneling ain't possible anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    If you actually wanted to eliminate split runs the solution isn't to enforce personal loot but instead to extend the relinquished system into raids instead of only having it as a catchup mechanic as it is right now, all you have to do is remove all loot from bosses put it into the vendor and have bosses award currency that allows you to purchase raid loot and you killed split runs for good because gear funneling ain't possible anymore.
    Yeah, and at the same time you destroyed the gear system even more than WF/TF does. Great success. Took WoW loot and made it literally D3 Blood Shards.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU