Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Wtf is the federalist and why did it print a piece of shit totally without merit bizzaro opinion piece like this?
    Some insane far right propaganda paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthrun View Post
    As a lot of people has already said, I don't think humanity needs more children at the moment. Overpopulation is a real threat.
    first thing I thought while reading the headline
    why on earth should we need more

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/04/04/...-just-friends/

What do you think about this hard hitting article?
    It does make some really solid points.

I'm so tired of these threads on here, reddit elsewhere where you have someone whining about being put in the friend zone. Like really? You knew what you were doing.

Also, it's certainly true that it is a drag on the fertility rate. You end up with single people who are older and struggle to get married. Many have remorse about not settling down earlier.
    in last 100 years population of earth quadrupled.

there is no such thing like fertility problem

its a lie which main goal is supporting outdated retirement model in order to stop social unrest in modern western societies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Some insane far right propaganda paper.
    Ah right that makes more sense now.

Some alt righter is annoyed some bird wasn't impressed by his Nazi bollox chat up lines and then regretted not thinking of the "But usa needs more white kids shag me now chat up line" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    I think that if USA women deem their country worthy, they will breed so it can continue on it's path. Start treating USA women better, USA, or enjoy your Muslim overlords when USA women are dead.
    Pretty sure you cant treat women in the west better than they already are. Its taboo to even shit talk them. What do you think ladies nights are?

As long as they buy iPhones every year, western world will survive. But on serious note - author of that article seems to be pretty embittered that he can't get laid

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good and correct article. Another good thing that would help is parents arranging marriage for their children, forbidding abortions and divorces. Those things are proven by centuries and it's a pity they moved out of mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by nekuxdesu View Post
    Pretty sure you cant treat women in the west better than they already are. Its taboo to even shit talk them. What do you think ladies nights are?
    Not all women are treated well in the US. I was not referring to just how some men treat women. Some women also treat other women like crap.

Also crappy healthcare coverage. Why would any woman risk remaining pregnant without awesome healthcare coverage for her and her pregnancy and any child that may be born?
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-20 at 11:30 AM.

The men(like the guy that wrote the article) who usually whine about the "friend zone" do not treat women well. They pretty much treat women like whores.

And, have you been paying attention to the news recently? All those sexual harassment/assault stories? Yeah, those don't just happen with famous men, we just don't hear about random manager in x store doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Oh sod off and go get married and have kids or STFU!

The human race doesn't need more kids
    I sure hope my retirement will fund itself then.

All of us need to start having more babies or else the upcoming demographic tsunami will consume our nation
    What the fuck? This is like the complete opposite of what's true. We're overpopulating as it is, we're on the brink of being unable to produce food at a rate fast enough to keep up with the number of people who eat food, why the fuck do we need more children exactly?

This just sounds like it was written by someone who wants to fuck their friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    So? are u dumb? being minority in your own country? thats Extinction
    Does that mean all the black people and Hispanics in America are going extinct? How about black people in France?

You clearly haven't thought this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/04/04/...-just-friends/
    So get brave. Get married. Get pregnant a bunch of times and give birth to a bunch of beautiful little future taxpayers. The time has come to fight for our future. The time has come to rebuild America’s demographic glory atop the rubble of the fertility-killing Friend Zone.
    What do you think about this hard hitting article?
    Had to add the bottom part. First of all, this is a common problem in MANY of the big nations, even Canada. Though, demanding people to have children just because doesn't serve no help the nations, it'll disrupt a lot. Maybe some should start pondering more available education and healthcare, that'll help the tax income as well. And to be honest, the friendzone doesn't exist. Even I make jokes with it but the 'zone' is there because you are either a coward to take action, or she's not really wanting you. And now to the cake of logic, you can't just go find a woman and get married, there's much more in it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    What the fuck? This is like the complete opposite of what's true. We're overpopulating as it is, we're on the brink of being unable to produce food at a rate fast enough to keep up with the number of people who eat food, why the fuck do we need more children exactly?

This just sounds like it was written by someone who wants to fuck their friend.
    He means too many Brown babies and too few white ones.

Deleted
    What is this nonsense? Of course men and women can be friends, what are you talking about? But maybe some guys(and girls, probably) should just be better at telling romantic interests and social pleasure apart, cutting their losses and moving on. Can you be friends with someone you're desperately in love with? Probably not. But can you be friends with someone of the opposite sex? Sure.

Sounds like the article was written by one of "those" men...

You know the kind i'm talking about. They have the following traits.

- Fat and unhealthy
    - Is always trying to be "friendly" or "charming" to women, never acting as if he is interested in them.
    - This is because most women sense he is broken mentally.
    - They misjudge a woman's friendliness to be sexual attraction.
    - They cry about rejeciton
    - Over time they will devolve into old, 50 something men's right's activists, mostly because they are bitter that no woman has wanted to touch him.
    - No self confidence but directs his anger about this issue towards women.

I could go on but we all know the kind of person i'm talking about. It's the same kid of person you need to keep an eye on later in life. So much rejection often leads to violent outbursts, except in America, these men also are most likely horidng guns.

Of course men and women can just be friends. Jesus christ what a stupid and old argument it is to say otherwise.

There's no way you're not trolling, OP.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    That's all well and good as far as it goes. This may be branching too far off-topic (not that this thread was really going places anyway - I digress), but the Earth currently has 7.6 billion people living on it with projections by the UN showing a growth to 11.6 billion in less than 90 years. There are many avenues to explore with that fact alone, but let me focus on just one.

How many of those 7.6 billion live the same quality of life here in the US or other first world countries? Even within so-called first world countries, we have homeless wandering the streets/dying of hunger and disease.

The crux of the question then: is it really responsible to be bringing more humans into the world when so many are already suffering? Yes, many can provide a happy life to their children for the most part. Going back to your reference of Mother Teresa though wouldn't the only real way to avoid selfishness, even in just producing new children, be to either adopt or provide aid to the already existing humans in such need?

That's all pretty philosophical I know, and I'm not putting anyone down for having kids of course. I'm just still not seeing the inherent selfishness of not creating more humans, or the selflessness of creating more for that matter.
    The overpopulation discussion is a worthy topic, and I've plenty to say about it, but for the purposes of this discussion I'd like to bring things back down to the micro-level. Moral issues have far more relevence in the personal and immediate vs. the abstract. I'm sure you can think of more than a couple people in your own life who believe all the right things on a philosophical level but are awful human beings in their own lives.

You are absolutely correct in that choosing to have childeren or choosing not to have them are not inherently selfish or selfless. There are a number of motivations that could color both decisions. I'm just making a broad brush stroke in stating that our culture has a selfishness problem, and one of the unfortunate consequences is we're entering a demographic decline, which causes other issues, economic, political and social.

We've been fortuanate in the US our immigrants for the most part are of high quality and assimilate readily. They've been keeping us afloat for a while, but even they are producing less children a couple of generations in. At some point this issue will need to be addressed at the source.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I would go further and say that our hyper-focus on career and self-fulfillment is greedy and shortsighted.
    As with all things, the extent to which they are good or bad is often a matter of degree. There is nothing wrong with ambition and work ethic, so long as they don't become so all consuming they preclude you fufilling other important functions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Considering that these countries also belong to the minority citizens and not only you, by this logic they're experiencing extinction?
    You need jesus, what part of racial mixing or rising population of non-white didn't you get? It's a simple equation. In the future whites will be the minority in their own country.

Deleted
    Considering the whole sexual harrasment topic dominating the news it seems theres ways to go in treating women (and men) better.

But hey, let's keep deflecting.