Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by degarmo View Post
    I pity him greatly. The difference between us and the crazies is just some genetic coding, and it would really suck to wired the way he is.
    If even that. His childhood was quite miserable and traumatic. Not saying he isn't horrible but you got to wonder how many of us would be off for the worse if we never saw any good in humanity during our upbringing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    [...]continued to think the same way[...]
    [...]even told prison psychologists in 2012[...]
    [...]he’s made no signs of rehabilitation[...]
    [...]The guy is seriously disturbed
    That's, unfortunately, a key here. While I don't agree with anything he said or done, nor disagree with any measures that had been applied to him (because law is law and he needed to be locked up), he was, after all, a sick and delusional man.

I feel sorry for everyone who's affected by his terrible actions, but I also feel sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by degarmo View Post
    I pity him greatly. The difference between us and the crazies is just some genetic coding, and it would really suck to wired the way he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    If even that. His childhood was quite miserable and traumatic. Not saying he isn't horrible but you got to wonder how many of us would be off for the worse if we never saw any good in humanity during our upbringing.
    Last edited by Spray; 2017-11-20 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    That's something I never got. Why would Satan torture the one's that carried out his will. Makes him sound more like God's warden than foil.

They're probably having a beer.
    The most promising theory is that evil people can never be happy without pushing others down. Doing "Satan's will" wouldn't ingratiate yourself to the guy, just make you look like a threat to his power. As fantasy goes, this version I feel is the most coherent.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    He was a waste of space and oxygen. This dude killed a pregnant woman with no remorse. Fuck him. I invite you to read up about his life, the shit he did, and how he acted in jail after the fact. He never once apologized for anything he did. Disgusting individual.
    I advise you to read up on his life too. He didn't kill anyone himself but ordered his followers to do so. Doesn't change the fact I'm not in the slightest bit sad to hear he's gone though.

Firstly, I am amazed he survived for 50 years in an American prison.
    American prison food must be quite healthy.

Secondly, its a pity we didn't see him on the Bachelor

Wow hes finally dead,
    guess he can be remembered forever in SouthPark.

Merry Christmas

10+ Year Old Account

Some of the most inspirational words ever spoken.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    And you beleive he saw himself as evil? Grow up.
    Well he said in 2012 he is a very dangerous man ... skip evil, ill believe his word on that one

Should have killed him long ago, waste of money and space keeping him alive.

Will miss some of his speeches though where pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    One's light shines no more on this cold harsh bubble we call life. A true believer has been delivered from us, and we are left to observe this extraordinary life. One which has been filled with dreams and disappointment since it's beginning.

May you sleep now.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Did Manson ever physically kill anyone? Or did he just tell his followers to do it?

And nothing of value was lost

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    That's, unfortunately, a key here. While I don't agree with anything he said or done, nor disagree with any measures that had been applied to him (because law is law and he needed to be locked up), he was, after all, a sick and delusional man.

I feel sorry for everyone who's affected by his terrible actions, but I also feel sorry for him.
    He likely wasn't sick. He just got the wrong ideas in his head and he enjoyed the fame that his crimes brought him. He was big on starting a race war in the hope of genociding black people.

California had just banned the death penalty in a wave of left wing sentiment. Then Charles Manson happened. California then reinstated the death penalty but by then it was too late to kill Manson. So if Manson made any contribution at all, it was teaching the left wing a lesson, the world isn't full candy canes and lollipops, that there is serious evil out there.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Funny, just a few hours ago I was reading an account of what happened to Hitler's body after the war. With the Soviets constantly moving the remains until finally in 1970 they exhumed them for the last time, burned them to ash, scattered them in the wind, and the last surviving guy on the operation is taking the location of the area they sprinkled the ashes in to his grave. Just to make sure neo-Nazis never got a body or a grave or even a site to make pilgrimages to.

Kind of feels like an appropriate treatment here too.
    Whilst I will say I'm glad he's dead and it couldn't have come soon enough. Comparing him to Hitler in popularity actually diminishes just how evil Hitler was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    What, you would rather have the false belief that true evil exists?
    For me to believe there are truly good people. I have to accept there are truly Evil people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    One's light shines no more on this cold harsh bubble we call life. A true believer has been delivered from us, and we are left to observe this extraordinary life. One which has been filled with dreams and disappointment since it's beginning.

May you sleep now.
    To borrow a response from the earlier page...

Like honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    To borrow a response from the earlier page...

Like honestly.
    Sydanyo, everything I said is pretty meaningless and is not a indication of anything one way or another "One's light" Well would you disagree his light to for him shined irregardless to who and what he was?

"A true believer" Can you deny he believed whatever he did thought at least from time to time even if others didn't?

His live was filled with his dreams.

He still a terrible piece of shit, who responsible for the death of innocent people. I was just trying to be objective.

Deleted
    "One's light" Well would you disagree his light to for him shined irregardless to who and what he was?
    There's no "light" that "shines" upon anyone, but if there was, it sure as hell didn't shine on this cockroach.

"A true believer" Can you deny he believed whatever he did thought at least from time to time even if others didn't?
    I'm having a super hard time understanding what you're saying, but this piece of shit didn't believe in anything or anyone, at least not more than five seconds at a time, because that's about as long as his bouts of rational thinking would last. That's not exactly what a "true believer" means or has ever meant, and to be quite honest, even if he was a devout believer of some thing or another, I'd still feel the same way.

His live was filled with his dreams.
    His mind was filled with shit. No room for any kind of dreams.

What happened here was that one irrelevant insect among billions of others got squashed underfoot and the Universe did not notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    There's no "light" that "shines" upon anyone, but if there was, it sure as hell didn't shine on this cockroach.

I'm having a super hard time understanding what you're saying, but this piece of shit didn't believe in anything or anyone, at least not more than five seconds at a time, because that's about as long as his bouts of rational thinking would last. That's not exactly what a "true believer" means or has ever meant, and to be quite honest, even if he was a devout believer of some thing or another, I'd still feel the same way.

His mind was filled with shit. No room for any kind of dreams.
    I was trying to be nice on account that he is dead, I perfectly agree and understand what you are saying. I was just trying to say something nice or decent. So sue me.

Deleted
    I was trying to be nice on account that he is dead, I perfectly agree and understand what you are saying. I was just trying to say something nice or decent. So sue me.
    Yeah well I mean that's the thing exactly; why would you ever say anything nice about someone like Charles Manson.

Deleted
    I hope with his death they will use him as a 'case study' of sorts in then next series of Mindhunter on netflix. He's mentioned, but that's it!