Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Never heard of it. KNow of the anime, but never played a game.

Guessing 7.3.5 goes on ptr December 6th actually.
    It's still strange that we'll have 7.3.5 PTR during maintenance mode of the game. Nevertheless, it will take several months until 7.3.5 hits live servers so... doesn't really matter if we get the PTR in December or January.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain me, why BfA is considered to be filler expac?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    People think faction conflict = filler

But this has Azshara and likely N'zoth so it is the opposite of filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Related to the thread and I wanna give him a shout out because he always deserves it for his great use of assets. @Hipnos14/HipnosWorld released another piece of work. This one is the Tree on fire. Way too big to post to the thread, but I will link it.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/b554/f...ld-dbtuf6c.jpg
    Wouldn't it be nice it they reworked Teldrassil to more resemble the artwork of it, to look, you know, more like an actual tree, only to then burn it down for maxlevel players?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean they released the Legion beta and then just let it stay for more than a month with a built. If scaling is on in the first 7.3.5 built, they can easily leave it up till January and just collect feedback.
    Agree. They could just release a first iteration on the PTR and then do nothing for +4-6 weeks until they return from maintenace mode.

Because it's very feature-less (that's just one reason though).

- - - Updated - - -

I mean "people" said MoP was a filler expac. It's not bad imo if "people" thing an expac will be filler.
    Well, I'd say there are two kinds of "filler" xpacs then - the MoP filler and the WoD filler. BfA looks more like the WoD filler and that's... not good.

7+ Year Old Account
    because of the faction conflict.

Formerly known as Arafal

Because some people are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    This /withmorechars.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Practically speaking, if it stable, what it needs is time up for people to check different zones.

Honestly though if they want to do proper testing they'd need to get people there. If it was my test, I'd focus test different zones on different days and tell people that devs and CMs would be around those zones to motivate people to log in and help with testing. Scaling needs a lot of people to be properly tested and realistically, they will be fixing bugs from 7.3.5 even several years later.
    My problem with this is that Antorus will be released during the same time as the 7.3.5 PTR then. And as you said, you need the players to test all of it. I'm sceptical that many players are willing to test the new leveling experience at this point of time.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-11-20 at 08:29 AM.

Noone will test it. The only thing that ever gets tested is class changes. People somewhat test new content (but not that heavily). Cata old world content was poorly tested at well. Which is why I said their best bet would be to focus testing on single zone at a time and give us a chance to /rude at muffinus or something so we'd have a reason to log.
    I'd say that's not enough. They need to give the players that are willing to test some "live server" goodies (achievements, transmog skins or so), without them I believe old world testing will be very sparse.

People were expecting some new big gimmick mechanic like garrisons/artifacts, I guess?

So no new gimmick = low on content, I guess, is the logical leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    This. The concept of a filler expansion is retarded. Most of the people who bitch about it also bitch that they are tired of facing off against Titans and shit too. You can't have it both ways famalam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Because it's very feature-less (that's just one reason though).

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I'd say there are two kinds of "filler" xpacs then - the MoP filler and the WoD filler. BfA looks more like the WoD filler and that's... not good.
    Ppl liked draenor and it was tied directly to the plot. So yea fingers crossed its like wod

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    People were expecting some new big gimmick mechanic like garrisons/artifacts, I guess?

So no new gimmick = low on content, I guess, is the logical leap.
    To be honest its because ppl fail to realuze that when writers put in plot points sometimes those are for stories far away from now. Ppl thought the skies were going to tear open and eat sargeras and our plane would immediately be invaded by void gods. Just like ppl thought since wrathion said the legion was coming soon he meant in a Week.

To be fair being an mmo most story progression is slow as hell. But ppl need to realize plot points dont come up RIGHT before the plot change they alter necessarily. I mean sylvannas has been openly telling her ppl shes going to kill us all but it took 13 years to get here to an extremely relevant part of the plot
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'd say that's not enough. They need to give the players that are willing to test some "live server" goodies (achievements, transmog skins or so), without them I believe old world testing will be very sparse.
    That will only increase the amount of nonsense feedback. People will only do the bare minimum to get the rewards and then forget about the PTR again.

how long has baine been saying "there is much we can learn from the highmountain tribes"?

i was fucking around on ptr and heard him say that, then checked on live and he says it on live too.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    how long has baine been saying "there is much we can learn from the highmountain tribes"?

i was fucking around on ptr and heard him say that, then checked on live and he says it on live too.
    Probably the entirety of Legion. Maybe an early hint at Allied Races, but then again we heard similar statements either ingame or from the devs about the Taunka and the Yaungol, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Probably the entirety of Legion. Maybe an early hint at Allied Races, but then again we heard similar statements either ingame or from the devs about the Taunka and the Yaungol, too.
    it's strange they'd update a faction leader with a voice line related to the current expansion when he never shows up anywhere in legion at all.

hmmm. maybe there were removed quests involving him?

it's strange they'd update a faction leader with a voice line related to the current expansion when he never shows up anywhere in legion at all.

Yeah. They removed Baine in Legion Highmountain questing in alpha/beta/whatever for some reason. Around the same time Wrathion was removed. Bran was also involved in questing if you were Alliance.

Sadly, the reason for Baine having that line is completely different. In Legion Alpha/Beta you had a questline involving Wrathion being Ebonhorn, Dezco and Baine being in Highmountain supporting Mayla, while alliance had Brann with his guardian. It was later changed to Ebonhorn being different black dragon (Ebyssian was it?).

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Yeah. They removed Baine in Legion Highmountain questing in alpha/beta/whatever for some reason. Around the same time Wrathion was removed. Bran was also involved in questing if you were Alliance.
    JINX
    Crimea is Ukraine!