Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Already an incensing title. This is going to make people very angry, but hear me out, on why this is good not only for the short term, but long term health of the game.
    Not sure why people should be angry about an interesting analysis and point of view.

As you said, there are multiple sources of gear that has the potential to titanforge and by farming that content a lot, you can increase your chances to the point where titanforged gear is expected and raids need to be (over)tuned accordingly.

But if you disable group loot from mythic raids (and therefore make split farming mythic ToS in preparation for Antorus irrelevant), Method players will just run m+ all day instead, getting their 950s there.
    I don't think that much would have changed all things considered. Playing 24/7 would still give you more chances for TF gear one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, and at the same time you destroyed the gear system even more than WF/TF does. Great success. Took WoW loot and made it literally D3 Blood Shards.
    Diablo 3 isn't the only game that offers loot through a vendor fyi, there is this other popular mmo that uses it extensively and in fact you can get BiS gear from it and to none's surprise there are no split runs whatsoever in that game must be a total coincidence i bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, if you're only 931 at this point, you've not been doing weekly +10/15 and ToS heroic/mythic on any kind of consistent level(or are a rdruid using extremely low ilevel T19 gear, to the point where it's almost definitely not worth using). Getting pure ilevel is extremely easy in Legion. I have all 12 classes at 935+ ilevel with 940+ in bags, just from +10 each week and occasional heroic clears, it really does not take a lot.
    She's mythic raider, she's not heroic raider or dungeon conqueror. That's what I'm talking about. Trivial activity rewards more than hardcore raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    931 means:
    a) he didn't log in for months
    b) he's using lots of items with underrated ilvl (Arcano, NH tier, CoF, etc.)
    c) you're lying.
    Every point is wrong, sorry to burst your bubble.

Deleted
    The most reliable and best performing people should get the loot first. That's how you progress the fastest. Enforcing personal loot would completely mess up any progress race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    The most reliable and best performing people should get the loot first. That's how you progress the fastest. Enforcing personal loot would completely mess up any progress race.
    Link to Charakter please. I checked some low (4/9) mythic guilds and even their warriors with crafted 900 mastery neck and 890 cof are level 934,75 (13 mythic kills on this char in months).

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    She's mythic raider, she's not heroic raider or dungeon conqueror. That's what I'm talking about. Trivial activity rewards more than hardcore raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Every point is wrong, sorry to burst your bubble.
    I'd like to see that character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    I'd like to see that character.
    I won't link directly without her permission and I don't want to bother asking her, but here's screenshots from wowprogress and armory statistics: https://imgur.com/a/aALnF

15+ Year Old Account
    non-mythic raider wants to mess up mythic loot drops?

:thinking:

With PL u cant give loot to ppl who need/deserve/earned it.

Only point u made is that TF is fucked up, and hopfully should get somewhat fixed in BfA
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Diablo 3 isn't the only game that offers loot through a vendor fyi, there is this other popular mmo that uses it extensively and in fact you can get BiS gear from it and to none's surprise there are no split runs whatsoever in that game must be a total coincidence i bet.
    They also aren't nearly as successful as WoW I'm assuming? MUST BE A TOTAL COINCIDENCE I BET.

Deleted
    I won't link directly without her permission and I don't want to bother asking her, but here's screenshots from wowprogress and armory statistics: https://imgur.com/a/aALnF
    Sorry, but that is casual raiding. I don't raid in a guild group. I pug. I miss a lot of IDs, i killed KJ after the NC was active. And yet: https://imgur.com/a/ZVfVP
    I got more kills on a lot of bosses than her. So you calling a casual (missing 50% of the HC IDs and 75% of the mythic IDs, we are in ID 23) a mythic raider and think she deserves better gear than people who ran mythic+ every week multiple times?

Giev me a break, with the catchup UA and mythic+ there is no chance that you wear a nonset nighthold items after 23 weeks….

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Uh, no. There were thousands of M Archimonde kills going by the current length of raid content. Not even Naxxramas, which was only seen by 1% of vanilla players was Top50, it was still in the Top1000 guild range.

What you want is honestly for only 50 guilds in the world to have a shot at beating the final boss before nerfs which was never the case before Legion, even during Sunwell. That's total goofballs.

WoD was extreme but it was far more balanced raid-wise than Legion, but it still had the same issues. Titanforging isn't the problem, split raiding is. It's been a problem since Wrath and has only intensified every raid tier and expansion until we are here. Kicking the can down the street is not a solution.
    The real problem is TF. It gives inflated iLevel which makes Heroic guilds think they are Mythic Guilds. They go to Mythic difficulty, get smashed and then they come to mmo to have some cry about loot or something when all they really mean is nerf Mythic because I am too shit to do it. If TF didn't exist then those shit players wouldn't be in Mythic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

A world 5000 "mythic raider" from a "serious mythic guild" without mythic items. Wow. Great

So basically somebody who kills a couple of mythic bosses in a tier, but doesn't bother doing the most recent farm(heroic ToS) consistently, and clearly doesn't do a weekly +10 which is minimal effort. Definitely not the kind of player most people think of when they hear "mythic raider". I agree that mythic isn't rewarding enough, but it is how it is, and not making use of how easy gearing is currently is entirely on her. Especially with your progress, heroic should still be considered part of farm and done every week, seeing as you only kill 3-4 mythic bosses each week(so whether or not mythic is rewarding enough barely has anything to do with her gear being absurdly low), which leaves a lot of slots unaccounted for.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-11-20 at 02:40 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically somebody who kills a couple of mythic bosses in a tier, but doesn't bother doing the most recent farm(heroic ToS) consistently, and clearly doesn't do a weekly +10 which is minimal effort. Definitely not the kind of player most people think of when they hear "mythic raider". I agree that mythic isn't rewarding enough, but it is how it is, and not making use of how easy gearing is currently is entirely on her. Especially with your progress, heroic should still be considered part of farm and done every week, seeing as you only kill 3-4 mythic bosses each week(so whether or not mythic is rewarding enough barely has anything to do with her gear being absurdly low), which leaves a lot of slots unaccounted for.
    That's what I'm talking about. Current WoW rewards for trivial activity ("farming" heroic when you're progressing on mythic, doing brainless +10, doing brainless weeklies) more than for hardest end-game activity that's actually requires skill. That's a sad state of affairs.

That's what I'm talking about. Current WoW rewards for trivial activity ("farming" heroic when you're progressing on mythic, doing brainless +10, doing brainless weeklies) more than for hardest end-game activity that's actually requires skill. That's a sad state of affairs.
    I don't remember progress (= hours at wiping at bosses) providing a significant part of gear at any point in wow history? Yeah sometimes you get that super Bis trinket at the first down, but obviously most of the gear always comes from bosses on farming (earlier boss of the same raid/difficulty+bosses from the previous one).

Deleted
    No, you said a player with 6 Kills on a mythic boss (Gortoth) and less kills an the bosses after that as well as (was it?) 5 full HC clears in 23 weeks should have better gear than mythic+ players. And to get that titanforge items from mythic plus you have to run a lot or run high keys for more items.

You need at least 15 weeks to get all loot 935 from the weekly chest (14 slots +3 relics-2 legendarys) and thats only if you dont get slots doubled or drops on ihr legendary slots. Thats 9 more weeky than your friend invested in mythic+ raiding.

So no, this is not about skill. This is about casual vs farming. And if i look at the people with 4/9 mythic (so still no mistress kill) dying in every void in +15 and higher, than no, running mythic+ is not brainless compared to the first 4 bosses.

edit: and wow always rewarded you for doing the last content (former tier, now HC instead of mythic) until you had the raid on farm. Simply because with only 4 bosses down there are still slots whicht can´t be dropped. So not doing HC means you wont get tier shoulders for example. So in the lasts expansions it meant you had to run 2/2 set or even 0/2 set. But now, you can farm HC and get 4 set before you even kill the bosses that drop this item.

You can choose to farm more and get your items faster or you can be lazy and skip it. But then you wont get the high itemlevels.

edit 2: btw getting a trinket on the first kill is damn lucky. but with a 930 owl and 1 sisters kill people are still complaining about the people wo ran 40 DHT +12-15 and still missing their trinket, because its so brainless.
    Last edited by mmoc9a579d0b1a; 2017-11-20 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    Link to Charakter please. I checked some low (4/9) mythic guilds and even their warriors with crafted 900 mastery neck and 890 cof are level 934,75 (13 mythic kills on this char in months).
    What does this have to do with anything?

Deleted
    You must be very lucky. GM and RL of our mythic guild has 931 ilvl. That's the problem of Legion. Some pathetic alt doing trivial questing had one tier better gear, than head of the serious mythic guild.
    It may have something to do with luck, but we have multiple people in our roster that has 940+ alts. Just doing one high m+ per week gives easy 935+ alts. Your GM and RL has been on hardcore slacking mode, or insanely unlucky with 2ndary stats of the mythic+ gear he has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    It may have something to do with luck, but we have multiple people in our roster that has 940+ alts. Just doing one high m+ per week gives easy 935+ alts. Your GM and RL has been on hardcore slacking mode, or insanely unlucky with 2ndary stats of the mythic+ gear he has.
    I'm playing this game since BC. I've always had alts. There was never a point in time when you could be better geared on alt than mythic raider without actually doing mythic content (I didn't play in WoD, though). Current game design is terrible for people interested in raiding.

I dont raid mythic to get ilevel rewards, I raid it because I want to consistently beat the hardest part of the PvE game. While trivial tasks might reward you well, they will not give you guild ranking or Cutting Edge FOS on a silver platter. While you may get lucky on some pieces and get some nice TF from a WQ(and to quote Ion from the Q&A "this means literally winning the lottery"), this doesnt help you when you cant execute a strategy.

edit: "Current game design is terrible for people interested in raiding. " - as a mythic raider i am always looking to get an advantage and perform better, oh how horrible, i can now do even more things which could potentially make my character better. truly horrific times as everyone has the opportunity to do so!
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2017-11-21 at 02:41 PM.