10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    prepurchase*. preorder times are long gone, as it wasnt bad enough

u shell out money immidiately, and wait for the product
    know the difference
    Fair enough. All the same, It isn't live till Dec 5th.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha omg now after patch they broke the game entirely, cant even log in due to some missing files
    issue codename termite

/golfclap bungo
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

haha omg now after patch they broke the game entirely, cant even log in due to some missing files
    issue codename termite

/golfclap bungo
    Read the breaking news, you have to do a repair from blizzard app, i got same error and repair tool fixed it, i got a bsod later while playing but that's another matter...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah did it but the game still runs awful
    its barely playable with 16gb ram 3 weeks after pc launch

that fucking stuttering takes away all the fun

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah did it but the game still runs awful
    its barely playable with 16gb ram 3 weeks after pc launch

that fucking stuttering takes away all the fun
    Running it with 8gb of ram, here, stutter-free since they fixed the clan roster thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats the point. 8gb is recommended, 16gb is overkill

stuttering is caused by memory leak which is fail from their side, still not fixed
    ill say it again, not everyone is experiencing that

Well if they didn't completely fix it they definitely fixed it for a majority of users.

Pretty much my entire guild was experiencing it and has not since they fixed it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that for once my computer isn't one of the ones shitting the bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to notice they took their sweet time 'polishing' pc version, it launched 1.5 month after consoles after all

what for i ask ?

It runs pretty well on my machine...
    32 gb of ram
    Asus Strix 1080 OC
    7700k @ 4.9 Ghz

I can't play everything quite on max settings in 4k and maintain 60 fps, but I wasn't really expecting that.

If you gotta ask
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

i want to notice they took their sweet time 'polishing' pc version, it launched 1.5 month after consoles after all

what for i ask ?
    Could have been worst. PC release is a different beast because of all the hardware that exist, all the drivers updated/not updated, etc. Sometimes you polish and you think you all good, but then you find out that X piece of equipment cause Y problem and you have to find a way to fix it while not causing any other problems. It sucks that it happened to you, and others, but its not like they did it on purpose, and they did work to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Have you tried the "Scan and Repair" function on the Battle.net launcher? It solved most patch issues for me.
    Yes, 2 times actually. Once, when i found Bungie suggested it as a possible solution. Second time just because it would solve anything. Both times it was all clean and tidy.

I was able to play foe 2 hours without crash. Nothing changed as far as i'm aware. Maybe just was getting lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It runs pretty well on my machine...
    32 gb of ram
    Asus Strix 1080 OC
    7700k @ 4.9 Ghz

I can't play everything quite on max settings in 4k and maintain 60 fps, but I wasn't really expecting that.
    I play on amd fx6300, GF 750 Ti and 8 gigs. Mostly all is on high. Textures also. Maintain steady 40+ but i play on 1080. As far as i'm aware the game is optimized fantastically.

Hit that pre 300 jam and keep getting drops for my highest light lvl items :<

Slowly crawling to 297 at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not up to speed with the coming update, but are they going to change the ways of getting upgrades?

I haven't played in 10 days now (PC) because it felt like all I was doing is teleporting from one public event to the other. Got to LL272 before getting absolutely bored to death with that. Doing one nightfall a week and getting the clan xp cap for two extra upgrades isn't really enticing enough either. :-/

Am I missing something? All I've read is PE's are the way to gear up, but if thats the only one then I'm not sure if this is the game for me :-P If Strikes where the primary means of getting upgrades in a decent timeframe then I would have been a lot more okay with the leveling process. Spamming PE's is just, bweuh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I'm not up to speed with the coming update, but are they going to change the ways of getting upgrades?

I haven't played in 10 days now (PC) because it felt like all I was doing is teleporting from one public event to the other. Got to LL272 before getting absolutely bored to death with that. Doing one nightfall a week and getting the clan xp cap for two extra upgrades isn't really enticing enough either. :-/

Am I missing something? All I've read is PE's are the way to gear up, but if thats the only one then I'm not sure if this is the game for me :-P If Strikes where the primary means of getting upgrades in a decent timeframe then I would have been a lot more okay with the leveling process. Spamming PE's is just, bweuh.
    PE's are the fastest way to gear up (up to 265) but strikes drop the same gear (power lvl wise) as PEs

however after 265 higher gear will be only from weekly milestones so 1 nightfall, a couple PEs some crucible and guild exp (and raid)

you can farm some upgrades from non-milestone stuff for your low ilvl pieces

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Hit that pre 300 jam and keep getting drops for my highest light lvl items :<

Slowly crawling to 297 at this point.
    i've been for 2 weeks at 304 needing only boots for 305 so i feel ya :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laciaty View Post
    PE's are the fastest way to gear up (up to 265) but strikes drop the same gear (power lvl wise) as PEs

however after 265 higher gear will be only from weekly milestones so 1 nightfall, a couple PEs some crucible and guild exp (and raid)

you can farm some upgrades from non-milestone stuff for your low ilvl pieces
    With that you mean the only way to get up to 300 is locked behind a weekly activity? 3 pieces per week + pieces from the raid?

thats the point. 8gb is recommended, 16gb is overkill

stuttering is caused by memory leak which is fail from their side, still not fixed
    ill say it again, not everyone is experiencing that
    No stuttering and my rig is 7 years old. It's a machine problem honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

With that you mean the only way to get up to 300 is locked behind a weekly activity? 3 pieces per week + pieces from the raid?
    Unfortunately yes. It's a pretty big letdown, especially since i play VERY little and i'm at 280-ish with no issues, not even doing Nightfall or Raid.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Unfortunately yes. It's a pretty big letdown, especially since i play VERY little and i'm at 280-ish with no issues, not even doing Nightfall or Raid.
    That is quite a disappointment. I'd do Strikes, Lost Sectors and Adventures till 300 without any complaint, but having to teleport to 6-8 PE's just to get to 265 and then having the final stages of gearing locked behind a weekly activity that offers 3-4 pieces a week... That's far from enticing to me :-|

That is quite a disappointment. I'd do Strikes, Lost Sectors and Adventures till 300 without any complaint, but having to teleport to 6-8 PE's just to get to 265 and then having the final stages of gearing locked behind a weekly activity that offers 3-4 pieces a week... That's far from enticing to me :-|
    Well, that's something that they're going to fix apparently with Heroic Strikes, adding a new milestone and so on. However, given the time needed to get to a respectable power level even playing very few hours, i suspect that the issue will just migrate from "265-300 being a chore" to "i am 300 what now".

To me it seems much like any other modern game where istant gratification is opver the top and it's based on pretty good systems which are basically not explored not tailored towards long term retention. Or better, you bought the game already, why they should develop more. It's just better to start a new game to sele to you (or a DLC or an expansion).

EDIT: i must say that i didn't step into the raid though i would really like it and even doing Nightfalls is a pain since there's no freakin chat or system to search for groups, while Clan is good but unfortunately i usually am on when others are not.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.