Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    u make no sense. i know what i want

feel like playing slow paced WoW where everything has more weight to it ? go to privates
    feel like playing something faster with more button mashing ? resub on live
    And i know what i want, i want QOL changes and i played during vanilla. Your entire argument is flawed because YOU think you speak for the majority, newsflash, you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    And i know what i want, i want QOL changes and i played during vanilla.
    >heirlooms
    >DLC rAIDS
    >transmog
    >lootbox chests
    >barber shop
    >selfie mode
    >normies
    >balanced specs
    >lvl 20 mountz
    >LF dungeon
    >raidfinder
    >nu-models
    >normies
    >girl gamers
    >wrath babbies
    >cata babbies
    >legion babbies
    >wod babbies
    >mop babbies
    >flying mounts
    >wow tokens
    >pets
    >pet battles
    >pet selfies
    >dailies
    >gear tokens
    >custom tabards
    >wide sweeping patches that change the entire game but keep normies interested and playing for another month
    >gear score
    >insta-boost
    >in-game hearthstone in the INNs
    >achievements
    >achievements that unlock shit in overwatch
    >overwatch babbies
    >achievements that unlock shit in hots
    >hots babbies
    >achievements that unlock shit in hearthstone
    >hearthstone babbies
    >simplified class quests
    >streamlined leveling
    >nu-talents

please add to this list as you see fit
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Deleted
    >heirlooms
    >DLC rAIDS
    >transmog
    >lootbox chests
    >barber shop
    >selfie mode
    >normies
    >balanced specs
    >lvl 20 mountz
    >LF dungeon
    >raidfinder
    >nu-models
    >normies
    >girl gamers
    >wrath babbies
    >cata babbies
    >legion babbies
    >wod babbies
    >mop babbies
    >flying mounts
    >wow tokens
    >pets
    >pet battles
    >pet selfies
    >dailies
    >gear tokens
    >custom tabards
    >wide sweeping patches that change the entire game but keep normies interested and playing for another month
    >gear score
    >insta-boost
    >in-game hearthstone in the INNs
    >achievements
    >achievements that unlock shit in overwatch
    >overwatch babbies
    >achievements that unlock shit in hots
    >hots babbies
    >achievements that unlock shit in hearthstone
    >hearthstone babbies
    >simplified class quests
    >streamlined leveling
    >nu-talents

please add to this list as you see fit
    Atleast now it's obvious you're trolling at this point

10+ Year Old Account
    arguing with u or anyone else serves no purpose

some want QoL improvements, some want classic exactly how it was
    in the end its up to blizzard to decide
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

arguing with u or anyone else serves no purpose

some want QoL improvements, some want classic exactly how it was
    in the end its up to blizzard to decide
    Some want Classic (exactly how it was) - Others want retail BfA (QoL improvements)

bug/exploit fixes, toggle for hd textures/models for everything (added to live in old zones too), no auto dismount in water, weather/environmental upgrades, arena/skirmishes, azshara battleground, battle pets and tmog,toy box, mount tab, scaling mounts (toggle maybe), gbank, holiday events, barbershop

i think i do, and i do

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    We still have a plenty of private servers to go to if we want vanilla experience.
    ... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    I'm convinced half of these people are trolling.

The ironic thing about the "you think you do, but you don't" statement is a lot of the changes that made WoW worse were done because Blizzard listened to the community.
    So you think Blizz should not listen to the community this time around? just do wat THEY think is right?

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    So you think Blizz should not listen to the community this time around? just do wat THEY think is right?
    Hard to say... early blizzard from wows release I would say yes. New blizzard who thought artifact power was a good idea? Hell no.

Its a what came first question. Blizzard caving to whiny players or blizzard mutilating their own game to try and chase the cell phone crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This is true. It really saddens me that people who didnt care about classic/vanilla servers in anyway, are trying to completely ruin it for people who fought for this for years. I never picked a side, I will try it either way, im not a hardcore fan. However, trying to ruin classic for people who really want it really pisses me the fuck off.
    Did it ever occur to you that there are many of us that just thought that given Blizzards previous statements regarding Classic that we thought it was no point trying to argue for it since they said it was not gonna happen. But now that it is happening we suddenly dont have a say in it? I can live with that but if they are gonna take from the money I contribute from my retailsub and develop a game that is gonna be included in THAT subscription then you better damn well just accept that i will voice my opinion REGARDLESS what they are and you can argue against them or agree but dont try to tell me what i want or dont want.

If there will be a separate sub on it THEN you can say that those that opt into that would have more say in it. But at the end of the day it is Blizz that decides what its gonna be like and i think as they have said that it will be as close to the real thing they can make it, and that is fine by me. But im not gonna go and say "your opinion is not valid since you did not meet MY standards of fighting for it".

Also please dont say that all the people that want some or another QoL are just trolls or "haters", im sure some are perhaps even many of them. But could it not be that it is many of them that got wind of "They are gonna relase Vanilla servers" and thought "Wow that is awesome never thought that would happen let me check it out and give input"

I mean comeon what would be the problem with connected Flightpaths? REALLY?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    Because that's part of vanilla bro

'Vanilla with QoL' is called TBC, Wrath, etc.
    Ye and when you have roflstomped the raids in there and ran all variants of contests then THAT will be what you will scream about will it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Why even get a team together at all and launch it?
    Perhaps to shut up the "movement" for a couple of years? That is until they start to scream for "We want BC/Wrath servers"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Changes I would like to see personally would be

- mount and pet collection tab
    - stacking of warlock soulshards
    - longer lasting buffs

people asking for changes are obviously present times players that never actually experienced vanilla.
    And that is the kind of mentality that serves no purpose other than shutting down any potential discussion, by lumping all dissenting options into this "you didn't play vanilla so your opinion doesn't matter" nonsense, even those who did play vanilla and do want changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    There is a large group of us who wanted Vanilla at it's core but still want QoL changes. Examples would be faster flight paths, dual specs, hunter and lock QoL changes, possibly some better class balancing (not ability changes but number tuning) and I'm sure there's many other small stuff.
    Lets make servers for all of those changes. 1 server for faster fly paths, 1 server with dual spec, 1 server for class balancing, 1 server without a debuff limit, 1 server that has none of it and 1 server that has all of it. Oh and 1 server that has all patches from start, and none of the patches from start etc etc etc ...

Just no ... Vanilla = Vanilla. Deal with it

Perhaps to shut up the "movement" for a couple of years? That is until they start to scream for "We want BC/Wrath servers"
    Yep... that's a sound business reason. lol Seriously though... I'm pretty sure the decision they made to do Classic already includes plans to follow up with BC and Wrath. This will actually be a huge money maker for Blizz.

I am very excited. I'm glad that there can be two "flavors" of WoW to satisfy those hungry for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    If anyone wants to raid at all, then something needs to be done about the mess of healing in Vanilla, because noone will want to heal. Very very few people will tolerate the bullshit. Healers were scarce back then, it would be even worse now. By the time your level 20 your gonna just say "fuck this, I'm going DPS" There will be literally no hope of doing dungeons while levelling, there won't be any level 20 healers or tanks to do deadmines, unless they can run over to SW and spec to tank /healer (For free).

I've seen people say "it doesn't cost that much" but I was raiding 5 nights a week, that's a minimum of 10 respecs a week for me, AKA 500g, 500g in vanilla? That was a huge amount. I'd say I spent a good 15-20 hours raiding per week, on evenings after school, I farmed and grinded for gold every second I was online other than that, I'd just about manage to get my pots and shit for the raids in that time, with almost no overhead. I was sat on less than 100g for the entirety of Vanilla.

I couldn't respec, I had no choice in the matter. It's ultimately what lead to be quiting wow the second they announced TBC, because I couldn't be bothered with wasting my time, knowing it was all for nothing because of the expansion.

I appreciate you understanding where I'm coming from. My drive isn't to make it "easier" I want it as it was, My reasons aren't selfish either to be honest, free spec swaps would ultimately inject more healers and tanks into the game, and thus make dungeons faster to group for, without a shitty queue system, guilds wouldn't disband in the months it took to form a raid group. I mean shit, look at what naxx did to guilds... You need 8 fucking warrior tanks, the poaching was out of control. SO MANY guilds died. The time it took you to find 1 tank, you'd of lost 5 DPS and a healer, it was a vicious circle. I know the gearing process alone takes the most time here, but I found back then that warriors weren't even willing to spec swap for one boss regardless, because it would cost them 100g a week.
    Also why would either free or significantly reduced prices for respecs STILL att the skillmaster/trainer be a problem?

I guess they are sooooooo afraid if there is they give anything away they think that ahh now they will have Everything. So they rather shoot themselves in the foot. Also most people i talk with among my friends from that time want as you say the "pure vanilla experience" But then again they pretty much exclusively played one of the "goto"spec warrior-tank or ofc the dps mage/rogue/warr/hunter, and they say there was never a problem fixing stuff for raids. And yes many will play and try out, but seems to me that most people will not be able to play what they want atleast not if they want to make any serious raiding.

Also why would either free or significantly reduced prices for respecs STILL att the skillmaster/trainer be a problem?
    Blizzard has always come up with "good reasons" as to why they do certain things... just like AP you grind is not spec wide, but spec specific. Their reasoning? "We want you choices to feel like they matter."

This is no different. Your decision to play a spec should "matter". Yes you can respec... but it's going to cost you. This also keeps gold a valuable commodity. In current game gold is completely insignificant.

If you don't need gold, then going out to farm mobs isn't necessary... but if you need to go farm 50 mobs to get gold to buy some gear, or respec, or mats for potions... then you have given purpose to the activity. You also drive economy and professions.

I think people are unsure of what each and every "convenience" may or may not do to change the experience... but they know exactly what the exprience was/will be if nothing changes. And it was pretty dog gone great then.

I guess I'm in the camp of do not change a thing. Let it change over time as it did back then.

I guess they are sooooooo afraid if there is they give anything away they think that ahh now they will have Everything. So they rather shoot themselves in the foot. Also most people i talk with among my friends from that time want as you say the "pure vanilla experience" But then again they pretty much exclusively played one of the "goto"spec warrior-tank or ofc the dps mage/rogue/warr/hunter, and they say there was never a problem fixing stuff for raids. And yes many will play and try out, but seems to me that most people will not be able to play what they want atleast not if they want to make any serious raiding.
    Man truth be told serious raiding here is already dead and gone. If you go to the classic realm to be a world first bad ass than you are going to be pretty disappointed. You are already like world 23453. Every strategy and ability is totally mapped out and understood. Most of the encounters are simple in comparison to what people face in the modern game. All in all I doubt method is going to abandon the current expansion to back log into classic.

But if you do plan to raid and raid a lot in classic than go for it. Just be aware that, yeah, you just don't get to pick any spec you want. It happens in the current expansion servers too. Sure Ret is viable but what was there representation on the bleeding edge? Not much. Sure feral is viable but how much representation did they get in Nighthold mythic? The community rejects specs now just like they did then. It is fewer now for sure. But that is why its the current expansion. If you go into classic dead set on playing shadow priest it is going to be harder for you to find a guild. It won't be impossible. But it will be harder. Even harder if you plan to be on the #1 guild on the server.

It is a different game and thus has a different set of rules. It is a new (old) MMO. You cannot go into say FFXIV and expect the "paladin" to do what a WOW "paladin" does. Just like you cannot do that here. Over 10 years separate this. Different design philosophies separate it. Different people that created it. Different gamers and society it was forged in. IT IS DIFFERENT. If people refused to understand this then yeah they will be disappointed. But in a way that is totally there fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And that is the kind of mentality that serves no purpose other than shutting down any potential discussion, by lumping all dissenting options into this "you didn't play vanilla so your opinion doesn't matter" nonsense, even those who did play vanilla and do want changes.
    If you followed these discussions, you know that is precisely the one purpose they have.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Blizzard say // Blizzard do

Don't be naive. We all know that if minimal amount of people are active, and the time spent / money generated don't match up, it will close. That, or it will become a micro-transaction driven mess. Both are bad, both should be avoided, and the only way to achieve that is to make it more catered to the masses, thus, putting a few subtle QoL changes in.

Vanilla with a few tweaks to make it playable for more people is still better than a pure vanilla server with less players, or a private server that could fuck you over and shut down at any time.
    The fun thing is Blizzard also said they would not do classic servers until now, what makes you think they cannot go change their mind again if they loose money?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Lets be real here the upkeep cost once the servers are running is going to be extremely minimal, They won't close and there certainly won't be micro-transactions pushed into it.

Nosts numbers were 150k over a 10 day period (opposed to the 30 day standard), Given the fact that there's numerous drawbacks to playing on a private server, Not to mention the severe lack of advertisement for one the official server is definitely going to have a suitable playerbase.

The arguments are getting rather tiring now, Going from "You're never going to get official servers" to "You're not going to like vanilla" to "People won't continue playing", It's silly and you know it.

People like different things and there's certainly enough room in the past 100 million WoW subscribers for those who enjoyed Vanilla.
    Just curious do you think there will be only 1 server/region?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just an observation about how Blizzard has listened to and ignored the community in the past.