Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

At least we have each other, right?

Diablo 3 fans unite. We don't need no stinkin' Blizzcon announcements or game updates, we love our favorite game anyway!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Diablo 3 fans unite. We don't need no stinkin' Blizzcon announcements or game updates, we love our favorite game anyway!
    BlizzCon's D3 panel should just be like, "Hey guys! Welcome to BlizzCon! No questions please, because we have one simple statement: ded gaem. U go play Oberwatch nao!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh I really hope they're not tossing D3 out because of Overwatch. Don't say that.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

Wow has all the RNG i need

Diablo 2* fans

Diablo 4 just better be a fucking homerun grand slam of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Diablo 4 just better be a fucking homerun grand slam of a game.
    Eh, pretty much. D3 has on the good side the combat flow and animations that look incredibly cool and fluid. Combat itself is very entertaining.

The problem is that there was/is no purpose in doing anything in game. Item hunt is non-existant, all you do is pushing GRs for the sake of it and get that +0.5% more damage or if you're luky an item which is the same you're using but with slightly better stats.

Not exactly the best incentive.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Eh, pretty much. D3 has on the good side the combat flow and animations that look incredibly cool and fluid. Combat itself is very entertaining.

The problem is that there was/is no purpose in doing anything in game. Item hunt is non-existant, all you do is pushing GRs for the sake of it and get that +0.5% more damage or if you're luky an item which is the same you're using but with slightly better stats.

Not exactly the best incentive.
    Yeah I agree that the combat feels good but the game is deff lacking purpose. I got a new Yang's Recurve (multishot bow) earlier this week and today I logged in to do some bounties to reroll it, After farming enough bounties for two rerolls I just said "eh, fuck it" and logged off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yeah I agree that the combat feels good but the game is deff lacking purpose. I got a new Yang's Recurve (multishot bow) earlier this week and today I logged in to do some bounties to reroll it, After farming enough bounties for two rerolls I just said "eh, fuck it" and logged off.
    Haha that's exactly how I feel about it.
    I log in and try to play and after 10 minutes I'm like "what for?".

I unninstalled D3 first time since installing it on day launch. So yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I unninstalled D3 first time since installing it on day launch. So yeah.
    Well, I don't think any other ARPG compares to D3. The closest competitors are Grim Dawn, Path of Exile and Torchlight 2.
    Grim Dawn is fun for some time, but the combat is not as fun as in D3. Path of Exile is content heavy, but the targeting in that game is terrible. When you fight a bunch of monsters and kill one and hover on the next one the mob is not automatically targeted but you actually have to click it. Imagine fighting hundreds of monsters...
    Both Grim Dawn and Path of Exile have ugly (this is my opinion) art animations.
    Torchlight 2 is the closest in playstyle and has support for mods and being kept alive by the community, but it's still a B game and abandoned. Also the company behind Torchlight 2 doesn't exist anymore so there won't be Torchlight 3, at least not before Diablo 4.

Well, I don't think any other ARPG compares to D3. The closest competitors are Grim Dawn, Path of Exile and Torchlight 2.
    Grim Dawn is fun for some time, but the combat is not as fun as in D3. Path of Exile is content heavy, but the targeting in that game is terrible. When you fight a bunch of monsters and kill one and hover on the next one the mob is not automatically targeted but you actually have to click it. Imagine fighting hundreds of monsters...
    Both Grim Dawn and Path of Exile have ugly (this is my opinion) art animations.
    Torchlight 2 is the closest in playstyle and has support for mods and being kept alive by the community, but it's still a B game and abandoned. Also the company behind Torchlight 2 doesn't exist anymore so there won't be Torchlight 3, at least not before Diablo 4.
    Titan Quest actually just released an expansion after 11 years, I believe Grim Dawn might be using a heavily modified version of Titan Quests engine so the similarities are striking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Titan Quest actually just released an expansion after 11 years, I believe Grim Dawn might be using a heavily modified version of Titan Quests engine so the similarities are striking.
    But Titan Quest is an old game. Too old, it should be compared to Diablo 2

But Titan Quest is an old game. Too old, it should be compared to Diablo 2
    Aye possibly, It's cheap ARPG content though in a pretty starved market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy seasons. Play a little bit every season. Try to get conquest while only playing for a total amount less than 24 hours.
    Rinse repeat. D3 Needs some updates maybe a new expansion or D4.

Then again. D2 was all about farming items in Baal & Mephisto runs. Over and Over and Over again.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    I enjoy seasons. Play a little bit every season. Try to get conquest while only playing for a total amount less than 24 hours.
    Rinse repeat. D3 Needs some updates maybe a new expansion or D4.

Then again. D2 was all about farming items in Baal & Mephisto runs. Over and Over and Over again.
    D2 in the end got to be more about farming runewords, and trying out new builds with them.

D3 lack the longterm incentive that runewords brought to D2.

one thing that everyone seems to miss is the biggest problem D3 has - an endgame purpose.

In D2 you did endless Diablo/Baal runs to get that eluding piece of gear, that rune or to get stuff needed for uberbosses. In GD endgame is done by roguelike dungeons, reputation and again being able to complete your gear and build. In PoE you have and extremely wide skill/talent system and "completing" your character is basically next to impossible by only farming (but that's GGG design decision) and a fully fleshed endgame structure which is btw getting am overhaul with the new expansion coming out the 8th december; plus each league adds a new mechanic to the game.

In D3 you have a season system that doesn't add anything from base game, and it's been the same for a way too long time. Gearing up takes no time. Of all things available people just run rifts over and over which have no other purpose than give you xp for +5 mainstat every once in a while and a small chance of getting a +1 version of the exact same item you're wearing, keepung you stuck in the same gameplay over and over. You don't get to decide anything but the set you want to wear and get it in a short time.

D3 has hands down the best combat flow and graphics out of current other APRG competitors. The feeling of fighting hordes of monsters is awesome. But take out that, game structure is as shallow as it can, and the game itself is only a husk of its predecessor.

I'm not saying D3 isn't worth playing. On the contrary, i played it more than 1k hours (most of them for getting to paragon 100 in vanilla on the DH when paragon and MP were introduced). Of all the games D3 is the worst on this aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    D2 in the end got to be more about farming runewords, and trying out new builds with them.

D3 lack the longterm incentive that runewords brought to D2.
    Same deal different word.
    As soon you had all runewords. You hit what we have in D3. And people still play D2 to this day.

There is not much difference between D2 and D3. The loot treadmill is the same in essence. Just different words.
    Then there is graphical fidelity. Animation and story that differ.

The only real big difference is skill trees. But when you have played for a long time there is 1 specific way you play.

And I have way too many hours in both game.
    What I believe we need now is new content. Either through an expansion or A new Diablo game that furthers the story where we left of in act 5. And a new system for everything.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2017-11-20 at 04:13 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Same deal different word.
    As soon you had all runewords. You hit what we have in D3. And people still play D2 to this day.

There is not much difference between D2 and D3. The loot treadmill is the same in essence. Just different words.
    Then there is graphical fidelity. Animation and story that differ.

The only real big difference is skill trees. But when you have played for a long time there is 1 specific way you play.
    Eh. It's actually quite different - you don't get all D2 runewords in a matter of hours. Hell it took me 4 years to get a Zod.

EDIT: runewords in this case are just an example in long-term objectives D3 completely lacks - it survives only due to seasons which have a peak of players the first two days and then gets abandoned shortly after when people is done with journey or have tried what they wanted.

Pushing GRs is flat out useless. You get gem levels to farm higher GRs to get more gem levels and never reach anything because there's no real objective. You don't get to build your character either.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-11-20 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

Wait what? There’s new titan quest content?