Thread: Expansion leaks

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Expansion leaks

The dust has settled, I read a few of these so called leaks before the announcement but can't remember any that predicted TBFA. I heard stories about how Blizz would leak the expansion on purpose so it wouldn't be taken serious and just dismissed as "another made up story".

We now know what the expansion is about, was anyone correct? was there a legit leak?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    The dust has settled, I read a few of these so called leaks before the announcement but can't remember any that predicted TBFA. I heard stories about how Blizz would leak the expansion on purpose so it wouldn't be taken serious and just dismissed as "another made up story".

We now know what the expansion is about, was anyone correct? was there a legit leak?
    There was a thread in which someone was saying Zandalar, Kultiras and Alliance vs Horde. Too lazy to look for it.

Someone did post about Battle For Azeroth a few hours before the trademark appeared (which it's another kind of leak), but apparently they deleted their post shortly after.

The only proof of its existence is that someone else who did a bunch of fake logos to keep speculation going made one for Battle For Azeroth based on that post.

Many other "leak" threads and posts got fairly close to the real expansion, because they used information that we already knew, such as it having something to do with Jaina, Sylvanas, Kul Tiras and Zandalar, but as far as I know, no other one had the name.

In any case, it all happened in the last 12-24 hours before the announcement. Not days or weeks before like previous expansions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    There was a thread in which someone was saying Zandalar, Kultiras and Alliance vs Horde. Too lazy to look for it.
    we allready knew kultiras was goign to be in
    so by pure numbers guessing horde v alliance with zandalar aswell was pretty much garunteed
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    we allready knew kultiras was goign to be in
    so by pure numbers guessing horde v alliance with zandalar aswell was pretty much garunteed
    This is one of them, I also read in another

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...expansion+leak

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Someone did post about Battle For Azeroth a few hours before the trademark appeared (which it's another kind of leak), but apparently they deleted their post shortly after.

The only proof of its existence is that someone else who did a bunch of fake logos to keep speculation going made one for Battle For Azeroth based on that post.

Many other "leak" threads and posts got fairly close to the real expansion, because they used information that we already knew, such as it having something to do with Jaina, Sylvanas, Kul Tiras and Zandalar, but as far as I know, no other one had the name.

In any case, it all happened in the last 12-24 hours before the announcement. Not days or weeks before like previous expansions.
    yeah no one had the name, the necklace, the sub races that were not leaked ahead of time (void elf, lightforged draenei, highmountain tauren, and nightborne)
    also nothing on warfronts or the islands, or the names of the zones etc

yeah no one had the name, the necklace, the sub races that were not leaked ahead of time (void elf, lightforged draenei, highmountain tauren, and nightborne)
    also nothing on warfronts or the islands, or the names of the zones etc
    The real one had the name, the subraces (which we knew about) and mentioned Azerite, although I think it was misspelled.

I'm sure other, more active, users of the big speculation/beta thread have a link to the oldest copy/quote of that post.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is one of them, I also read in another

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...expansion+leak
    that one?
    ut sats 115 level cap, says nothing about subraces even though ahead of time we got a leak of the sub races. Jaina has nothing to do with anduin retaliating. We dont return to gilneas.

things right
    jaina is in it
    pvp focus
    kultiras
    scaling

wrong
    "Pre april 2018 launch date" the beta isnt even till early 2018, no way april release date
    sylvanas does not attack the alliance in the cinematic, the alliance attacks the horde.
    jaina doesent push anduin to attack
    no gilneas
    no new races
    level 115
    custimization

and is missing a fuck ton

as was said in the post itself, a ton of "general guesses" that have no real points in them, alot of "in general" and wild guesses, and people when pointed out that it is wrong try to connect things.

Look up psychics and cold reading, and see how easy it is for people to purposely connect random guesses to factual evidence simply because they want it to be.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-11-20 at 02:24 PM.

Some guy did leak the cinematic, the four subraces + 2 to come

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    that one?
    ut sats 115 level cap, says nothing about subraces even though ahead of time we got a leak of the sub races. Jaina has nothing to do with anduin retaliating. We dont return to gilneas.

things right
    jaina is in it
    pvp focus
    kultiras
    scaling

wrong
    "Pre april 2018 launch date" the beta isnt even till early 2018, no way april release date
    sylvanas does not attack the alliance in the cinematic, the alliance attacks the horde.
    jaina doesent push anduin to attack
    no gilneas
    no new races
    level 115
    custimization

and is missing a fuck ton
    Well, it had the main stuff covered, maybe just luck, maybe not.
    If you're looking for someone who leaked everything in detail then no, I don't think it has ever been the case from some to leak an expansion and the details of how stuff will work.

Deleted
    there was a leak saying "vol'jin in a urn" so that one is legit, it was pretty minimal, about 5+4 bullets points or something like that but all were correct and no one else mentioned the urn specifically

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it had the main stuff covered, maybe just luck, maybe not.
    If you're looking for someone who leaked everything in detail then no, I don't think it has ever been the case from some to leak an expansion and the details of how stuff will work.
    no it had nothing of the main stuff covered.
    it said nothing of warfronts
    nothing of azerite
    nothing of zanadalar
    nothing of the sub races
    legit said 115 instead of 120
    got the cinematic wrong when he legit goes on over and over to say no he is right

he got 2 things right and just because you want it to be real, you ignore all logic to make it real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    there was a leak saying "vol'jin in a urn" so that one is legit, it was pretty minimal, about 5+4 bullets points or something like that but all were correct and no one else mentioned the urn specifically
    voljin in an urn...
    he was burnt to ash, that is what all people who get cremated are put into (usually)
    I mean how far can you strech to try and find "oh this guy said voljin is dead, that means he had insider info!" I mean... We ALL KNEW voljin was dead...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Some guy did leak the cinematic, the four subraces + 2 to come
    link? please?

- - - Updated - - -

The real one had the name, the subraces (which we knew about) and mentioned Azerite, although I think it was misspelled.

I'm sure other, more active, users of the big speculation/beta thread have a link to the oldest copy/quote of that post.
    Well lets hope someone can find it, because im not going to go look for evidance of something i dont think existed.
    Just like i cant prove to you the flying spaghetti monster does not exist. But i would be fine with someone proving it does to me.

Well lets hope someone can find it, because im not going to go look for evidance of something i dont think existed.
    Just like i cant prove to you the flying spaghetti monster does not exist. But i would be fine with someone proving it does to me.
    Found a non-edited quote of the original post.

Well, what do you know, it was on monday, four days before the trademark and announcement.

7+ Year Old Account
    except there is an issue here.
    watch this. this will take a minute. need to find a super old post

Nvm was about to say this all looks shadey but these people qouting him are talking about it on november first, before blizzcon.

interesting i thought he did something like qoute an old post and edit it like such
    Muwahaha i am the evil lord of i dont know i guess?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-11-20 at 02:34 PM.

Look up psychics and cold reading, and see how easy it is for people to purposely connect random guesses to factual evidence simply because they want it to be.
    That's especially true for those "Chinese riddle" "leaks".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/...arneverchanges

look at his posts history.

he leaked pretty much everything (he leaked Void Elves being exiled Blood Elves).

Homophobia is so gay.

except there is an issue here.
    watch this. this will take a minute. need to find a super old post
    If you're going to say the post is edited, look around it, other users quoted it too.

Unless it's a conspiracy and a bunch of users went back and edited their posts four days later, and somehow the little "edited" tag didn't appear for any of them.

The thing is, it really didnt matter. In the flood of "leaks" everything was passed off as fake. The only way it would have had any weight is if people had paid enough attention to it to make a movement on it.

So why even bother fighting about who (if anyone) was right?

interesting i thought he did something like qoute an old post and edit it like such
    Yeah, but if you edit a post more than 5~ minutes after posting it, a little "Last edited by <user>; <date>" appears at the end. Meaning at most those posts were edited less than 5min after they were posted, not four days later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/...arneverchanges

look at his posts history.

he leaked pretty much everything (he leaked Void Elves being exiled Blood Elves).
    This guy does look very shadey, the fact it says sylvanas uses sargeras's sword fragments to burn down the tree. we will have to see. but yes he seems to get a fair amount right. but also abit wrong.
    For example "No idea what Jaina teaser you guys were talking about. But she's gonna show up in the opening CG, doing the same thing she's done back in wrath with Varian and Thrall."

Other then that, and the sargeras sword thing (we dont know for sure yet if she does...) yeah seems him and this other person had legit leaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Example here.
    no i was thinking the person had 2 accounts
    he made a post on the first account
    the second account then qouted the first account
    the first account then deleted the post.
    what i just did your post for example, see, no edited tag. but yeah that wouldent work as the person actuallty qoutes the guy before blizzcon, so yeah seems this person had legit leask.