Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Erdogan is a villain turning Turkey into a country like Iran. Western Turkey died with Erdogan.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Many of US-raised goatfuckers already had first hand experience with "looking at Russian crap" in Syria. Very, very close, as it was homing at them and just before spreading their brains all around.
    Lmao did you seriously just try and use Russia and precision weapons in the same sentence?

Russia would be lucky if it managed to hit the school / hospital it was aiming at.

(They don’t really do precision targeting: a) the kit is expensive and Russia is poor (and getting poorer), b) relies on mature satellite guidance tech (see point a) and c) their interests currently seem to be better served indiscriminately bombing civilians).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Erdogan is a villain turning Turkey into a country like Iran. Western Turkey died with Erdogan.
    Turkey shares no values with the West at all and hasn't for almost 20 years. It's time for them to go. If Anthony Bourdain won't travel to your country anymore because of how totalitarian it is, but will still go to Russia... something is going incredibly wrong there.

Deleted
    The individual involved, a civilian contractor seconded by Norway and not a NATO employee, was immediately removed from the exercise, Stoltenberg said. It would be up for the Norwegian authorities to decide on any disciplinary action, he added.
    What a fucking retard, thinking they could prosecute someone over the use of his right of freedom of speech. He should be forced to resign for this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Ah yes. If there is one thing Turkey is known for, it is competitive battle informatics software. I truly hope my first roommate (who was Turkish) in college back when is working on it. He only was suspended after the first two semesters for too much Starcraft and too shit grades. A+ software engineers yo. So maybe he was preparing with his Brood War addiction.

But I digress... you're spewing nonsense.
    Your room mate was a shit Turkish software engineer, it must mean all Turkish software engineers are shit. Sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    You will be fine without the know-how?
    Know how? What? Turks have an ancient military culture and experience. We will do just fine, especially against Europeans who are completely pussified.

Yeah... Like NATO engaging Turkey would end well for the latter one...
    What would happen is that some jets get shot down and a shouting match ensues. After that numbers of border incidents suddenly drop.
    Turkey have S-400, home-developed 500km+ missiles (SOMs), NATO stuff and a serious army, with soldiers in active combat. If you think Europeans, their pussy armies or their combined might scares Turkey, you are highly mistaken.

USA is a different take, but I doubt they'd engage in conventional fight against Turkey. They didn't have balls for Iran, good luck for Turkey.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Gref
    I do understand people's distaste for Erdogan, I feel the same. Still, putting Ataturk's image, using beaten-up images of Chief of Staff (if that news is true), there is clearly a message being sent from West, not to Erdogan but to Turkey and to Turks. They say "fuck off from our club". We should simply fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Your room mate was a shit Turkish software engineer, it must mean all Turkish software engineers are shit. Sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Know how? What? Turks have an ancient military culture and experience. We will do just fine, especially against Europeans who are completely pussified.

Turkey have S-400, home-developed 500km+ missiles (SOMs), NATO stuff and a serious army, with soldiers in active combat. If you think Europeans, their pussy armies or their combined might scares Turkey, you are highly mistaken.

USA is a different take, but I doubt they'd engage in conventional fight against Turkey. They didn't have balls for Iran, good luck for Turkey.
    That's some elementary level chest beating right there.

No. Turkey just isn't known for it's engineering. Sorry.

And so did the Japanese. And look what happened there.

You're not special.

Hehehehe oh man. This is my second (for completely unrelated reasons) "I've lived too long" comment to myself of the day.

You know, the US probably won't be going to war against anyone anytime soon. Our military and congress, for all the hullaballo about North Korea, is far more interested in modernization to deter conflict against a great power foe. Money spent on operations is money not spent on new stealth bombers.

But the day is coming where the US will war again, and war big. Could be 10 years. Could be more. And I will see, for the fourth time in my life. the exact same scenario play out.

People like you say shit like you just did. Others will mention Vietnam. Some will make snide and wrong comments about "camel fuckers" who beat us or nonsense like that. A lot of groundless shit talking about how the US can't do certain things.

And then the US does those things. And it does more. And more. And it does things you never imagined.

And all of a sudden those snide remarks and shit talking from the likes of you are replaced by words like "proportionality" and "overkill" and "restraint".

The United States is by far the richest, most technologically advanced and powerful country on Earth. And it's not even close. Because we don't go around flaunting it... because we don't crush everyone who looks at us the wrong way, you forget how far ahead we are and the difference in the relative power between those who are Americans and those who are not.

We heard this crap before the Kosovo War. And people changed their tune for two years. We heard this crap before the Iraq War, and people changed their tune for atwo years. We heard this crap before the Libyan War, and people changed their tun for two years.

You always forget. And so you will always be shocked.

Donald Trump is not wrong (imagine me saying that). The US could unleash "fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen" on North Korea, and Iran, and anybody else. It simply chooses not to at this juncture. It chooses not to because the US is a status quo superpower. It reckons that rocking the boat could lead to unexpected outcomes, and that it prosperous without rocking the boat. So it is very careful to avoid doing so, unless it has no choice.

Would you prefer us to chose to? Would you prefer us to shoot first and lot god sort them out? We'll be fine. A lot of other people will be dead or destitute. I promise you'll find only horror in a superpower unleashed rather than a superpower that's restrained. We know this because everytime we've acted, the "you's" of the world, in the face of the new normal where the superpower is actually using power, came to respect that. Until they forgot again.

So no, the problem isn't American power, or American reluctance. It's your memory. You forget. You will always forget. And you won't enjoy being reminded.

P.S. You're also a NATO ally. Have you people gone completely nuts or something? Turkey is a minor regional stakeholder, nothing more. You talk as if it is some emerging power. Give me a break.

Deleted
    Erdogan purge his own army.... what do you think will happen... political loyalty is rewarded over competence, initiative will be strangel...The Turkey army will be as hollow as the Iraq army...

Compare to Turky the pussy west countries do not need to fear that its own army will turn agenst them....

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    P.S. You're also a NATO ally. Have you people gone completely nuts or something? Turkey is a minor regional stakeholder, nothing more. You talk as if it is some emerging power. Give me a break.
    Erdogan has been spinning Turkey as a superpower-in-waiting for quite a while in their press, so a fair few of them have bought the koolaid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pssh, Turkey's military couldnt even coup properly, and they gonna challenge the NATO? Prrffft!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Pssh, Turkey's military couldnt even coup properly, and they gonna challenge the NATO? Prrffft!
    Well, they used to be good at that. How many successful coups have they had? like 4 or 5, in the last 50 years. Just had that one failure, so have to check back in 10 years. Maybe they can defeat their own government then?

Yeah, I'm quite fine with our "pussified armies".

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    Erdogan has been spinning Turkey as a superpower-in-waiting for quite a while in their press, so a fair few of them have bought the koolaid.
    No, not really. I don't think Turkey is a superpower. I just think Europe is weak as hell, militarily speaking.

--

@Skroe
    You're going to war with who? Here is what I think. USA will either invest in proxy wars or keep fighting only with small and divided countries, like Iraq, Vietnam etc. Anything bigger than that is either too expensive (Iran), or plain to dangerous (Russia/China). You will just keep beating your chest with empty words, as you've been doing for years here in this forum. While you were asserting how USA is the country with |big dick", Russia actually won Syrian Proxy War. China is building offensive bases in Pacific, and enlarging their sphere of influence.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-11-20 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, this is a scandal?

Did NATO take an official stance? No? Then there's no problem.

Know how of how to create fighter planes. The actual experience of doing that (you have nothing that even comes close to, say, France). Military culture means nothing and gives nothing to jet engine tech or stealth coating. Your aerospace industry has mostly done upgrades to existing aircraft, but when it comes to creating new ones, there is almost nothing. There are years and years and years until that.

NATO stuff would be left without supplies and spare parts. You cannot just "fix" Russian missiles on F-16.
    There are not enough SAM systems to defend all Turkey. And you don't even have the S-400 yet. Let's not talk about how big of a hole there would be when you would lose access to integrated NATO systems or that how your S-400 would have to be modified to work in tandem with other systems.
    USA could engage anyone they wish, but contrary to the popular belief they do not seek war if peaceful solution could be found. And no one sane would want to fight them.

But ah, yes, the great argument of "pussies from Europe". Great going, dude, the Ottoman empire is sure to be reborn soon.
    P.S.
    In the end, Turkey will not leave NATO. Nothing to be gained for it, unless we count Erdogan's ego.

Know how of how to create fighter planes. The actual experience of doing that (you have nothing that even comes close to, say, France). Military culture means nothing and gives nothing to jet engine tech or stealth coating. Your aerospace industry has mostly done upgrades to existing aircraft, but when it comes to creating new ones, there is almost nothing. There are years and years and years until that.

NATO stuff would be left without supplies and spare parts. You cannot just "fix" Russian missiles on F-16.
    There are not enough SAM systems to defend all Turkey. And you don't even have the S-400 yet. Let's not talk about how big of a hole there would be when you would lose access to integrated NATO systems or that how your S-400 would have to be modified to work in tandem with other systems.
    USA could engage anyone they wish, but contrary to the popular belief they do not seek war if peaceful solution could be found. And no one sane would want to fight them.

But ah, yes, the great argument of "pussies from Europe". Great going, dude, the Ottoman empire is sure to be reborn soon.
    P.S.
    In the end, Turkey will not leave NATO. Nothing to be gained for it, unless we count Erdogan's ego.

First of all, there is no need to defend all Turkey. Europe is located at West. Moving on, Turkey already have fully functioning home-developed system in her Navy. The systems are being developed for aerial systems, like drones. Not sure about jets, but drones are functioning on national systems.

Military tech has been sold for ages. There is a market for it. If you don't sell it. USA sells, if USA doesn't sell it, China or Russia sells. That's how wars are fought, for quite some time. Yes, we can't make jet engines, but we can buy them and Europe is not the only producer. You greatly underestimate the education and culture of officers, that's how Turkey achieves success in wars, in addition to having big and up to date army. Turkey will never be offensive party in a war, and we have means to protect ourselves.

USA could engage anyone they wish, but no one engages with anyone they wish. This also applies to Europe. Wars are fought for objectives, and there is no reason USA engages with Turkey. They did not even engage with Iran, who actively work against their interests in the region. This, together with Turkey having a big and modern army is why I feel confident enough to leave NATO and just be fine.

Now, when I say leave NATO, it is probably understood that leave tomorrow. No, we can't do that. Turkey needs to build a parallel arsenal, and that'd at least take 15 years or even more. I agree with the last part, Turkey will not leave NATO but except more shit on pretty much anything, including more either foreign or national replacement for NATO stuff.

Keep alienating and insulting Turkey, all it does is put us more money on defense industry and stronger will to leave NATO whenever the army feels ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    That's some elementary level chest beating right there.
    Facts are facts, not chest beating. If you want someone who's beating his chest, you should look at Skroe. But considering that post hurt your pride (hence why the perception of chest beating), you will not consider his posts as such. Simple human psychology.

So make us a favor, spare us from your emotional one liners.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Lol, this is a scandal?

Did NATO take an official stance? No? Then there's no problem.
    NATO did take official stance. The guy is fired, official "sorry" statements have been beeing issued for 2-3 days. I mean they said they are sorry, which I am inclined to believe in its sincerity but still doesn't justify how this was allowed.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-11-20 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Facts are facts, not chest beating. If you want someone who's beating his chest, you should look at Skroe. But considering that post hurt your pride (hence why the perception of chest beating), you will not consider his posts as such. Simple human psychology.
    I'm just calling them as I see them. My "pride" was not hurt in the slightest, in the same manner it wouldn't be hurt if a child told me his dad has a bigger dick than my father. That's pretty much what your post was. There were no facts there. That's entirely your pride speaking.

And Skroe? He actually knows what he is talking about.

There is some underestimating of Turkey for sure.

But if what I read, see, search is correct that I can say the army sector of Turkey is the only sector that is still profiting nicely with all the shit erdogan and his clowns pulling on economy.

ANyway, Nato apologized, and our service is well known. That is all that matters. Case closed move on. Some retarded individual doing shit doesnt mean we have to go apeshit on each other.

As I said before however, this is a perfect gift to erdogan to escape from current economical problems. All his media and his clowns are attacking nato not because they wil leave nato but because they are using it to get support for their own shit. they are playing it for in-politics. typical erdogan, shits on eu, shits on nato, shits on anyone to deflect and distract people and get support from his base.

rinse and repeat politics of erdogan; shout at central bank for high interest rates > shout at eu > shout 'random country' > shout main opposition > shout central bank for high interest rates > ...

and off course random shit like this incident gives him extra toppings.
    Last edited by Gref; 2017-11-21 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greece bought SAMs as well. It's not a huge issue. You gotta suck it. Diversifying Turkish Air Defense Systems is a good thing.
    Cyprus, not Greece, purchased the SA-10. It was only because Turkey got butthurt over it that they were taken instead by Greece. And no, diversifying one's air defense systems with totally incompatible systems is NOT a good thing and it is a major issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    They have, they absolutely have.

Erdogan and his fanatics make the 4chan Breitbart fanclub look completely sane in comparison.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    It's fairly evident that this supposed coup was done to give Erdogan war powers. The guy is attempting to imitate Putin, impose fear and sling insults at allies like Duterte, and thumbing his nose at the West whenever he can. Right now for most Turks they see him as a positive for the economy and safety, which are their biggest concerns. He's a fascist pure and simple. Eventually the Turkish citizens will wake up, but it may be too late after the war powers granted to him after the attempted "coup." I'm an American who thinks Trump is dumb (yet I voted for him to keep Clinton out as she is a complete corporate object), but at least America has very strong checks and balances in our government. That's why I don't fear Trump being president.
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 2017-11-21 at 07:11 AM.