Will there ever be new classes or specs?

Seeing as Blizzard will have to make all new class halls, artifacts, questlines etc. for an expansion that won't even be relevant anymore. I suppose they could make a potential new class start at 110+, but what about new or revamped specs?

New class: They get a non-Artifact weapon that scales from 100-110 and don't get AP items (maybe a small amount of gold instead). No class hall, major quest chains that send you to your hall just skip those quests for that class.

New spec: They get a non-Artifact weapon that scales from 100-110 and they can only use the AP items when using one of the other specs. Same class hall and quest chains, except for spec-specific ones, that get skipped.

Sure, they'd have to do some work to make sure all major non-Artifact rewards are available and the main quest chains are working, but nowhere near as much work as making a brand new class hall or several new spec artifacts and quest chains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Eventually.

Necromancer is my personal hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftusk View Post
    Seeing as Blizzard will have to make all new class halls, artifacts, questlines etc. for an expansion that won't even be relevant anymore. I suppose they could make a potential new class start at 110+, but what about new or revamped specs?
    Bolded is probably what they'll do. It will probably be a hero class if they make a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Lots of classes still remain to be cultivated - no need to introduce a Legion Order Hall for them or anything like that, considering all that content would irrelevant you could just have them auto-complete quests that need the Order Hall or not require them to complete meta-achievements. Same with an Artifact weapon. Could also just have them start at 110 as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that is what comes with new classes, doesn't have to be meaning there won't. Now classes needs building up and development. As for speccs, well, they are easier to implement than classes in this case.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make 'em join some other class campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably start above at 110 or above. Fairly sure they said before that they regret starting monk at level 1, so they won't do that again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard is more interested in refining and individualizing existing specs - balance already has become an issue that is clearly consuming a lot of their time and resources; each additional spec makes that worse.

That said, I do expect we'll see one more new class: a ranged 'hero' class. With no new ranged classes in any expansion, I expect they will develop a ranged, magic-based class after BfA.

Beyond that, though, maybe new specs at most.
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

New class candidates are, in my opinion:

Necromancer, due to popular demand, but is unlikely thanks to the existence of Death Knights.
    Witch Doctor, same relative archetype as Necromancers, but proposes ideas that haven't been explored yet.
    Sea Witch, may be relevant in the distant future, but as for the moment not much defining evidence.

Class yes. Another spec for each class, I'm not too sure because of how much work that would take. I mean it's possible since they basically redid every single spec in the game, so adding another 12 specs wouldn't be as much work, if they already ingame specs are balanced well enough.

Do we need additional classes? Specs possibly but I would like to think most of the classic classes in RPGs are well represented already. More race/class combos would be nice.

A vague question with no discernible answer.

The short answer is probably not. The game is pretty fleshed out and adding another new class or new specs isn't happening in BFA so if new stuff is coming it won't be for another expac.

Ask again at Blizzcon 2020 and you might have an answer.