Thread: Firefox Quantum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    It's definitely worth it, when the Beta came I finally ditched Chrome for good. So much faster, more customization, looks better, is free and libre open source software and is away from corporate control.

And it doesn't eat all your RAM unlike that pac-man called Chrome
    Must suck to still only have 4gb ram.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Must suck to still only have 4gb ram.
    That isn't an excuse to waste resources. And you really need all you can get when multitasking...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I can't seem to import my bookmarks from Chrome. Is that not a thing anymore or am I blind?

Otherwise I would use it.
    Control+Shift+B, then from the top of the pop up choose import bookmarks
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Have dual monitors, so I usually have something playing in one window (Twitch, youtube, crunchyroll, or something) and have a game on my main monitor, but I'm noticing an irritating amount of video stutter on FFQ when it's the inactive window.
    Same issue here. Twitch runs like dogshit even when focused. No such issue on chrome.

My first impression of Quantum was "wow it feels good - fast and smooth". 20 min later when I set it up (adblock, password manager addon, https everywhere), imported bookmarks, logged in with FF account and into google etc - things no longer were as smooth. Still fast but not smooth at all. And as said earlier streaming just doesn't work in FF. Didn't work all that well in old FF but in quantum its just horrible - focus or no focus ;/ Perhaps next version will fix it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been using Quantum for a couple of months and it works great. Faster than Chrome and doesn't eat memory as much, that's why I have been sticking with Quantum since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

why the fuck are people not using firefox in the first place? chrome has barely had any advantage over in in specific test cases ever since its inception

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I can't seem to import my bookmarks from Chrome. Is that not a thing anymore or am I blind?

Otherwise I would use it.
    ever heard of reading the fucking menus? jesus christ this generation

It sneak-updated on both my computers. After learning I couldn't move the tabs below the bookmark Barca's god intended, and several of my add-ons were broken, I went back to an old version. Seriously considered swapping to Chrome for a while, too.

Can tabs be disabled like in Firefox? If not, it can go fuck itself with Chrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    Same issue here. Twitch runs like dogshit even when focused. No such issue on chrome.

My first impression of Quantum was "wow it feels good - fast and smooth". 20 min later when I set it up (adblock, password manager addon, https everywhere), imported bookmarks, logged in with FF account and into google etc - things no longer were as smooth. Still fast but not smooth at all. And as said earlier streaming just doesn't work in FF. Didn't work all that well in old FF but in quantum its just horrible - focus or no focus ;/ Perhaps next version will fix it.
    You need to read this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...treaming-1080p

Chrome is only slightly better at running videos but both are nowhere near as efficient as running a player outside of the browser. Even the official Twitch desktop app runs streams like shit and it uses the Chrome engine internally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    You need to read this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...treaming-1080p

Chrome is only slightly better at running videos but both are nowhere near as efficient as running a player outside of the browser. Even the official Twitch desktop app runs streams like shit and it uses the Chrome engine internally.
    Not my issue. I am well aware of possibility of playing streams in normal desktop players. But issue is not with stream or twitch itself. In chrome I can play 3 streams at the same time no problems. In old firefox I could play 1-2 streams it would work no problem as well. In quantum however if the window with stream is not focused sound plays normally and video freezes or gets 1 frame per 20 sec or so. When I refocus the window it either plays normally or stutters every 5 sec as if buffering was messed up somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    why the fuck are people not using firefox in the first place?
    Better inegration with Google, is why, without having to have yet ANOTHER account.