Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Basically all centenarian hot spots have cut red meat, being half vegan and add some fish seems to be very healthy for long term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    Basically all centenarian hot spots have cut red meat, being half vegan and add some fish seems to be very healthy for long term.
    They also don't smoke and do physical labor until they die. Many still eat red meat, but not as much as other people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Pescetarianism is better. But there's really no need to distinguish a diet on the basis of avoiding meat. You can eat a terrible vegetarian or vegan diet - just eat oreos all the time and you'll be good to go. A better way to define a diet would be by the consumption of whole, unprocessed foods in moderate quantities. It's hard to go wrong with those two principles.
    Basically this. I know many doughnut and coke vegetarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    You're misinformed about B12. Humans cannot filter the nutrients of B12 by eating grass. The actual "B12" is "made" in the belly of the animal we then consume. If you go out and eat something with B12 in it, like certain grasses or algae, it won't make you any less B12 deficient. The claim that "because we wash our vegetables we don't get the B12 from them" was a laugh though.

And yeah, humans are confirmed omnivores. No self-respecting biologist or scientist of any kind could call us herbivore or carnivore, it's absolutely 100% known. Unless you have evidence to change this substantiated theory, you're spewing bullshit.
    William C Roberts (look him up to see his qualifications) 2nd paragraph https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/ We may eat meat, but it doesn't make us any more omnivore. If a cow eats and digests meat, is it suddenly omnivore?

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There exists vegan cheese, and it's disgusting.

However, it is made with a form of yeast, which is an animal, which is against veganism in its strictest form.
    Yeast are fungi.

probally more healthy than eating meat everyday to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yeast are fungi.
    Alive!

I know a few vegans who won't drink wine or beer because of this. They also won't eat anything made with honey, even though bee farmers are currently the only thing helping bees in the US. People be crazy dhrizzle.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

If your diet has a name, it's probably not a great diet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Recall them needing supplements if they don't eat proper... so generally speaking, can't imagine it is.
    Yea, one of those supplements being creatine. Can only be obtained via meat.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Funny how it is no mystery, yet obesity and heart diseases as well as diabetics and all other food related diseases are on the rise.

...and people always point and laugh at the vegans and vegetarians. Now shouldn't the question really be if our so called "normal" lifestyle is healthy?
    This probably (read: definitely) has more to do with processed foods, food substitutes (high fructose corn syrups and soy), processed sugar, and eating meat from gross, sick, anti-bacterial, chemically enhanced animals than it does meat vs. no meat.

Humans have been eating meat since they've existed. Just look at our teeth (no to mention the amount of protein the brain needs or pregnant women need). We OBVIOUSLY are supposed to be eating meat.

But if you can afford it, there are plenty of alternatives to eating the cheap, nasty meats that grocery stores are trying to sell.

I mean. Any diet that claims eggs or fish are bad for you is just... crazy, really. It flies in the face of science and logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We are not carnivores you balding atheist, go watch the netflix documentary "what the health". All carnivores were designed with sharp teeth and a jaw that's locked in place that can only go up and down, while herbivores were DESIGNED with a jaw that can go to the side for chewing plants. Humans could at no point eat and digest raw meat properly and never will no matter how many generations you feed raw zebra meat.

I stopped eating all animal products except chicken breast after I saw "what the health". Do yourself a favor and watch it too, oh wait, you're a capitalist slave who can't spare 1 hour to get educated.
    Okay, I'm a vegetarian and I also agree with you about people not being carnivores, but let's just settle this thing once and for all - "What The Health" is a shitload of bullcrap.

It's a pseudo-science-filled poor excuse of a "documentary". Believing in what it says (or anything Kip Andersen produces) does more harm than eating meat, actually.

That being said - eating meat isn't unhealthy by itself, the amount of it we're used to consume is. Generally, eating meat more than twice a week is a huge issue and will most likely result in health problems down the road - this is actually so widespread we don't even notice it or attribute it properly as diet-related. Not to mention the environmental issue - if the whole humanity would cut down on meat production, the Earth would thank us immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Funny how it is no mystery, yet obesity and heart diseases as well as diabetics and all other food related diseases are on the rise.

...and people always point and laugh at the vegans and vegetarians. Now shouldn't the question really be if our so called "normal" lifestyle is healthy?
    Just because it's not a mystery doesn't mean people will change their lifestyles, for the same reason people Drink, take drugs and smoke tobacco.

As for Vegans/Vegetarians, deciding to not eat Meat or Animal products does not magically make them healthy and immune to Heart Disease or Obesity. There's still a lot of crap food out there that's Vegetarian/Vegan friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I mean. Any diet that claims eggs or fish are bad for you is just... crazy, really. It flies in the face of science and logic.
    Eggs are the cheapest protein where I live.

The treatment of chickens, and the people who process chickens, however, is horrific.

I personally only buy eggs from some local farmers I know, for this reason.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Alive!

I know a few vegans who won't drink wine or beer because of this.
    A lot of wines and beers use gelatin, isinglass, milk proteins and/or egg whites in their process making them unsuitable for a vegan diet (and the first two unsuitable for vegetarians.)

They also won't eat anything made with honey, even though bee farmers are currently the only thing helping bees in the US. People be crazy dhrizzle.
    Sometimes I think a lot of vegans/vegetarians don't realise that a lot of species/breeds would go extinct if people weren't eating them, in terms of survival-of-the-fittest being considered tasty by humans is one of the most successful strategies.

Depends on your diet program, and it's different for each person. I'd assume many vegetarians/vegans don't actually give a lot of effort to make sure they are getting every single possible thing that the body needs, simply because most of us regular people don't have carefully crafted diets either. If you're looking for something tailored just for you, my advice is to do the tests you need to find out what food you're allergic to, and what products you can't tolerate (hard to digest, etc.). And then you hire a nutritionist to make you a program based on those results, and whether or not you want meat or maybe build muscles or whatever. This is especially important if you have health problems due to allergies and other reactions to the food you eat.

I definitely wouldn't recommend a special diet (like being vegan) to children. Doesn't matter what your diet is, or what morals or problems are guiding it, your kids have to take priority and you need to make sure they eat in the best possible way for their growth. Avoid limiting their diet options unless there are health problems that demand so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    William C Roberts (look him up to see his qualifications) 2nd paragraph https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/ We may eat meat, but it doesn't make us any more omnivore. If a cow eats and digests meat, is it suddenly omnivore?
    Here you go:

https://veganbiologist.com/2016/01/0...ot-herbivores/

I prefer a balanced diet. No reason to be religious about your diet. Sure its nice to buy a good feeling but its simply not a healthy diet for YOU.

It can be, yes, but for the most part, NO. The main reason people typically go vegan is for sustainability or morality, not health.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yes, a Vegan diet is objectively the healthiest diet.

It's also the least enjoyable diet. Most things in like are choosing between Experiences, pleasure, enjoyment or living longer, but in the end you could get hit by a car any day so behaving as if you will live forever is futile in my opinion.
    First, you literally can't say objectively here, because dieticians still don't understand the complexities of the human body.

Second, if there was a diet that was objectively the best, why hasn't anyone heard about it?

Third, if there was an objectively best diet, it could be done in nearly innumerable ways due to how different foods contribute to the dietary needs of the human body.

Please, don't spread baseless false news.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    eh no.. we're carnivores.. simple as that... feed a lion tofu and see how that goes!
    I'd love to see you eating a raw steak mate. Look at our intestines, they are that of an herbivore. You won't eat a steak unless it's been cooked thoroughly which not only kills the bacteria your intestinal system can't handle but also produces maillard reactions that give meat a flavour more similar to that of plants by reacting the sugars and amino acids found in the steak. You're also not gonna like a steak very much unless it's seasoned with salt (A mineral found in all kinds of food) and pepper or other spices (Which are herbs and therefore plants).

The reason we can eat fillet is because it's been disinfected and marinated in loads of oils and other plant based products. The reason we can eat Tuna steaks is because fish branched from us hundreds of millions of years ago and therefore have bacteria that do not harm our body.
    Last edited by Jakisuaki; 2017-11-20 at 11:28 PM.