Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Vanilla requires more time to accomplish similar end game feats, but imho it is certainly less challenging than live servers by most measures.
    I don't see what you are referring to besides harder difficulty modes for raids and dungeons perhaps. For easier modes, any complex strategy is useless when characters can rush everything and survive their own mistakes.
    And for a lot of people difficulty modes are not content in an MMO. Does not produce the "world is much bigger when there's unbeaten content out there" effect.
    Last edited by Koward; 2017-11-21 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    private servers are popular because they are FREE. imagine how popular they would be if you had to buy the game and pay a monthly fee .D
    Most people on private servers are older and don't have a problem paying the price of a sandwich for a month of WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I agree there should be no catchup mechanisms. Now please convince all the zealots screaming for 1.12 (or anything that includes Zul'Gurub).
    Actually, I want 1.12. To be, that is the classic. I want all the content that was released before BC, not some random patch frozen mid-classic. You can call ZG gear an early version of catchup all you want, that's not what I meant.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

private servers are popular because they are FREE. imagine how popular they would be if you had to buy the game and pay a monthly fee .D
    Is it the $15\mo argument again? Seriously if $15 per month is a significant amount of money for you, playing Classic WoW is probably the least of your concerns really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Actually, I want 1.12. To be, that is the classic. I want all the content that was released before BC, not some random patch frozen mid-classic. You can call ZG gear an early version of catchup all you want, that's not what I meant.
    Progression servers like Nost's model would likely be the best scenario.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

And what if doing this is what people want in their free time? What the fuck is the ultimate goal of WoW you cant spend time with this anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Progression servers like Nost's model would likely be the best scenario.
    As long as we don't somehow end up with an awkward WoW fork 4-6 years down the line, I'm fine. Recreating each expansion every two years is a stupid idea as well as resetting all progress. If you really want progression, it's going to be a very fine line between classic and live. The whole point of this classic thing is to relive a moment frozen in time.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    This pretty much. Can all you Rorcanna twats and rampant anti legacy fucks please leave this forum. Your opinion isn't wanted or needed. You have your own forum for that. Now piss off.
    You can have your opinions. Just stop insulting everyone who has a different one in the same breath.

We all have opinions and we can be heard as well as you and your bile...
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-11-21 at 02:21 PM.

Can we add a new rule to MMOC to close threads (and give out infracts) with click-bait titles and with the obvious goal to have a non-constructive discussion (and to 'tilt' people)?

I see this nowadays happening on the General Discussions subforum (which is great, props for that), but this should be also done here.

Deleted
    I mean what argument is that? Jobs, kids, spouses? yeah no one had those in 2004. If you are so busy with them, why are you so worried about that you don't have time to achieve everything in some game? I think you have some issues with your life dude.

You seriously think out of all the games you can play in 2017 that people who play vanilla private servers on an internet connected computer will have absolutely no way to come up with the sub fee? You dont know what life on a private server is like. These people are foaming at the mouth to hand Blizzard $15 a month for this.

Yeah Classic NEEDS flying mounts and LFR, also Pallies on Horde for balance.

ppl that dont have the time can play Legion/BfA

Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman View Post
    I mean what argument is that? Jobs, kids, spouses? yeah no one had those in 2004. If you are so busy with them, why are you so worried about that you don't have time to achieve everything in some game? I think you have some issues with your life dude.
    Didn't you know that everyone who started WoW in vanilla was a kid with a mental disorder (and thus some things were hard) and now we're all grandparents?
    And YES, designing a game to make it as easy and fast as possible and having lazy (or "I am too busy for this, so let's ruin the fun for everyone") people as the target audience, is a MUST nowadays, otherwise it'll just fail.

Deleted
    to all the people that say that we all dont have the time to do simple tasks:

don't you see that the current game is the SAME grind but differently served? Like now you can do a couple of dungeons (or more) in the same time that you could do one in vanilla. But still - how many do you need to do in the current game to actually achieve something? LOTS.

The same goes for the daily quests and other grind. The current game gives us all the FEELING that we achieved something fast but the reality is that only people who play A LOT are the best players. Just like the old times.

Like compare the leveling experience - you will spend hours and hours leveling in Westfall in Vanilla, and you can do whole zone very fast in retail - but the drifference is huge, back in the day everything was gray and shit, so that every blue (even green) item was an achivement. Now you clear the zone, get a lot of great great but guess what - so does everybody else.

etc etc. This is still the same game just differently delivered. I prefer the old type of grind because in the end - in retail EVERYBODY is special, in vanilla only those who commit.

Seems like all the fat people died, the rest got married and tennis is left with nothing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    I started WoW in 2004, with a job, spouse, and kids.
    Everything will be fine.

Just because your balls hadn't dropped yet when you started WoW and you could play 24x7, doesn't mean the game was inaccessible for people with a life.
    I can only second that whole post.

And notice how funny it is to see some basement-dweller like Tennisace speaking about people being busy. But then, what could we expect from the biggest troll in the whole forum ?

Deleted
    I don't know. It would appeal to all the people who are whining about too many QoL changes on retail. Probably this will only separate the playerbase a bit, so some people will gravitate to Classic and others to retail, depending on how important the topic is. I don't know, if I would be responsible for that topic at Blizzard, I would make a survey and contact all players who are currently active and probably even all others, who have been playing at some part of the lifetime of the game, and make a survey about some topics.

Then you could check if there is a correlation between the preference for QoL features vs. "oldschool" gameplay on the one side, and Retail vs. Classic on the other side. If you get a clear result ( like QoL + Retail and Oldschool + Classic), then you are fine. If you get mixed results, you could check correlations in detail (like, preferences for autoloot or automatic matchmaking or just a manual matchmaking interface or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Because in 2004 people didn't have jobs, spouses and kids, right?
    Nah, it all appeared around 2009, that's why they had to take it into account during WotLK. Our ancestors and young selves really had the best life.
    Also, we all started WoW at 12, because the entire mankind spawned from oblivion in 1992.

It's OK if it's a failure, Blizzard think it's ok too! because they know Vanilla is for the ones that REALLY like Vanilla and there is A LOT of them, much more than you think!
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter