Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
    I concur. Last year one of my friends came over to make vegan mac and cheese. Since I was curious I read the ingredient list on the cheese and died inside a little.
    I'm curious now...

the only ingredient I'd know to start with is "nutritional yeast." Beyond that I'm lost.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2018-09-17 at 12:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a single diet that has a name is healthy.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even the Mediterranean diet?
    Does it have a name? Then no.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted

But but but, with that logic no combination of food could ever be considered healthy. There's a name for pretty much everything.
    I mean, even "healthy diet" is a name on it's own, so yeah, all food and diets are unhealthy by that blanket statement.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Of the top of my head it was something like 50% sunflower oil. Vegan mayo is not much better.
    Mayo generally is mostly oil, so that's not a good comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Not a single diet that has a name is healthy.
    The Diabetic Diet is pretty good. It doesn't ban any foods, nor does it strictly limit your macros. It's actually very similar to the Mediterranean Diet the other poster mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Yep, on purpose. Have not been to a doctor in 25 years. Doing just fine. Everyone is different. I was lucky and didn't get horrible conditions at birth and have not developed any since. (unless you count my mental illness that wasn't due to my body fat content) I am thankful everyday for this, but there are plenty of people who were not born so lucky and are not fat.
    Being fat is a health issue on its own. Believing otherwise is powerful delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Being fat is a health issue on its own.
    ??? I never claimed it couldn't be. I said it hasn't been an issue for me for the past 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    I'd love to see you eating a raw steak mate. Look at our intestines, they are that of an herbivore. You won't eat a steak unless it's been cooked thoroughly which not only kills the bacteria your intestinal system can't handle but also produces maillard reactions that give meat a flavour more similar to that of plants by reacting the sugars and amino acids found in the steak. You're also not gonna like a steak very much unless it's seasoned with salt (A mineral found in all kinds of food) and pepper or other spices (Which are herbs and therefore plants).

The reason we can eat fillet is because it's been disinfected and marinated in loads of oils and other plant based products. The reason we can eat Tuna steaks is because fish branched from us hundreds of millions of years ago and therefore have bacteria that do not harm our body.
    I'm not talking about me eating raw meat... I eat protein based from animals as that is vital for us to live properly. Brain is built based on mostly proteins and skipping that will indeed make you a vegetable (no pun intended).

I seriously refuse to have a disussion with vegans, they are just so narrowminded that it's like talking to a rock. /bye

I was B12 deficient before I became plant-based, so saying omnis don't have to supplement is fallacy. Then again, so are most of the anti-vegan arguments in this thread, most of which I recognize from clickbait articles.

I lost 70 pounds and reversed hypertension. What I find humorous is how food devoid of animal products is considered depressing. I still eat most of my favorite foods, just modified. Like veggie pizza (no cheese), bean burritos, pasta with marinara sauce, veggie sushi, bean chili, curries, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, etc. I'd say unless your diet consists of 100% meat, eggs, and dairy you're eating vegan foods too. :P

I get that it's not for everyone. I have friends who would rather stay diabetic than change what they eat. Nobody but you can decide if the cost/reward is worth it. It has been for me though.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    What I find humorous is how food devoid of animal products is considered depressing. I still eat most of my favorite foods, just modified. Like veggie pizza (no cheese), bean burritos, pasta with marinara sauce, veggie sushi, bean chili, curries, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, etc. I'd say unless your diet consists of 100% meat, eggs, and dairy you're eating vegan foods too. :P

I get that it's not for everyone. I have friends who would rather stay diabetic than change what they eat. Nobody but you can decide if the cost/reward is worth it. It has been for me though.
    The irony being that everything you mentioned is actually terrible for a diabetic diet... woah!

Deep nutrition learning is a complex process.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The irony being that everything you mentioned is actually terrible for a diabetic diet... woah!

Deep nutrition learning is a complex process.
    Plenty of people have reversed type 2 diabetes with a low fat WFPB diet. Regardless, that wasn't what I was specifying. The diabetics I know don't want to change anything even if it's to go on an animal-based keto diet. They are quite content dealing with their medications, insulin injections, etc. as long as they get to eat whatever they want.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Plenty of people have reversed type 2 diabetes with a low fat WFPB diet. Regardless, that wasn't what I was specifying. The diabetics I know don't want to change anything even if it's to go on an animal-based keto diet. They are quite content dealing with their medications, insulin injections, etc. as long as they get to eat whatever they want.
    Fair enough. My best friend is Type 1, which is an entirely different thing, and cannot be managed by diet.

We developed those fangs for a reason. Human appendix lost its primary function for a reason (not being able to process cellulose). And now these want to argue we should go back to eating grass? No thanks, I'll go with hundreds of thousands of years of human evolution that state that if the meat was bad for us, we wouldn't adapt to eating it. Sure, nowadays some people take it to the extremes, but that still doesn't make veganism a superior choice to a balanced diet of all food groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    ??? I never claimed it couldn't be. I said it hasn't been an issue for me for the past 25 years.
    You're definitely talking as if being fat is not an issue. Not that it could be, but that it will be. Unless you die from something else first, you will die due to your body fat.

For me it's mostly about being unattractive though.

Deleted
    Being vegan or vegetarian or pescetarian says nothing about your eating habits. Is it possible in 2017 to maintain a balanced and sustainable diet based on either group? Sure.
    Do most people actually do that? Probably not.

I blend everything, cause I never chew.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There exists vegan cheese - - it is made with a form of yeast, which is an animal, which is against veganism in its strictest form.
    Yeast isn't an animal any more than mushrooms or trees are
    For the [enter opposing faction here]