Quote Originally Posted by Aciddot View Post
    I think if cc is coordinated well and adds are clumped, a non-sidewinders build will still be better. The marked shot spam during Trueshot is too good.
    Can confirm from PTR test, sidewinders was not needed for MM to be sick on Eonar. Multishot had decent cleave range, and you're spending so much time running around chasing mobs that can't be slowed that marked shot procs actually become useful for movement purposes.

I got a question ive been speculating on for a while. How do you do "burst aoe" with bm hunter? Without stampede or something.
    I mean spamming multishot dring aspect of the wild doesnt seem efficient, but its the only way i can see the burst work?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I got a question ive been speculating on for a while. How do you do "burst aoe" with bm hunter? Without stampede or something.
    I mean spamming multishot dring aspect of the wild doesnt seem efficient, but its the only way i can see the burst work?
    Save DB charges to Stomp if you can do so without capping, save BW. Don't use Multishot for its damage, only to proc Beast Cleave.

BM doesn't really do burst AoE very well. But if you see AoE coming up, you save 2 Dire Beast charges (with Stomp), and you cast Beast Cleave in time for them to spawn. You kinda want the Beast Cleave up right before the adds spawn/get stacked, so that you can cast your 2 Dire Beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Save DB charges to Stomp if you can do so without capping, save BW. Don't use Multishot for its damage, only to proc Beast Cleave.

So lets say there is a full aoe fights for a minute or so, and I have Aspect of the Wild. I will need to spam Multishot if i'm gonna use the cooldown right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You don't use multi shot for the multi shot damage but you do use it for the artifact trait damage (surge of the stormgod) especially once you have a few dire beasts out.
    As far as I am aware, for most AoE you use MS for Beast Cleave and for nothing else. Spend focus on Kill Command etc. while making sure to keep up Beast Cleave. KC over BC for 2-4 targets and BC over anything for 5+. I guess it's not impossible there's a rather large number of targets where MS is in fact worth spamming but that just never happens in actual gameplay. When was the last time you did AoE on 20+ mobs? Zerging Skorpyron or something?

I have pushed updated Antorus trinket sims to the guides for all specs that should be up sooner rather than later. In the same motion I updated the default trinket for the Survival T21M profile which was a pretty easy 50k DPS gain for that profile:

https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...b93b4ea2be8380

Leading up to Antorus I'll be revisiting the Intro page to update the descriptions of the spec strengths/weaknesses where needed, and outlining the circumstances of the upcoming spec meta (spoiler: it's kinda the same). I'll also go through other pages in the guide to see where things can be either improved/expanded upon or simplified. If you have any suggestions in this regard, please do let me know, contrary to popular belief I'm all about that constructive criticism.

I think the guides are generally in a good spot, my only point of annoyance being that the Marksmanship Rotation seems a bit daunting to new players to the spec. I think it has been revised 5 times this tier alone trying to cut it down and simplify it, but it always ends up being rather long. :S

I am new to MM and have some noob questions and would be glad if someone could enlighten me

1. On the opener it says "6. 2x arcane shot - 7. Aimed shot until vulnerable ends (2-3)" Does this really mean we do not use Marked Shot after the 2 Arcane Shots?
    2. I am not quite sure when to use Windburst correctly. I understand I do not use it when vulnerable is already up but rather use it for the next vulnerable cycle. Is this correct?
    3. Patient Sniper talent - I read that aimed shots should be used as late as possible during vulnerable uptime with this talent. So is it ok to just do nothing for say a second just to maximize this effect?
    4. I could not yet establish a good feeling for the rotation so is it correct that the main goal is to cast as many aimed shots as possible during vulnerable is up? So better cast 3 aimed shots in one window than cast another marked shot early and waste vulnerable uptime? Should I always cast two aimed shots b2b with 2pc T20 or are there exceptions.

I am sorry if those questions were answered already elsewhere. Thanks already for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I have pushed updated Antorus trinket sims to the guides for all specs that should be up sooner rather than later.
    Why are all the new trinkets ranked so low? I'm unsure if the titanforged sims aren't being misleading at this point or if the new trinkets actually just suck.

I also don't see Golganneth's Vitality in the trinket sims. It's an AGI trinket after all.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2017-11-20 at 04:13 PM.

They just are that low. We'll still likely use them, they are 30 iLvls higher base than the ToS ones after all.

Check the spreadsheet for a slightly fixed version including Golganneth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Can confirm from PTR test, sidewinders was not needed for MM to be sick on Eonar. Multishot had decent cleave range, and you're spending so much time running around chasing mobs that can't be slowed that marked shot procs actually become useful for movement purposes.
    I can see SW being good on Aggramar for the small adds and on Argus for the contestellar adds.

EDIT: Come to think of it, a lot of the adds on Aggramar are going to be cc'ed so maybe its not a good idea to cleave them all down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    I can see SW being good on Aggramar for the small adds and on Argus for the contestellar adds.

EDIT: Come to think of it, a lot of the adds on Aggramar are going to be cc'ed so maybe its not a good idea to cleave them all down.
    Unless the constellation phase on Argus is the biggest cockblock of the fight, there is no reason to take SW.

And I see 0 reason for SW on Aggramar, JaceDK had a heroic kill from PTR uploaded and they just seemed to hard CC the adds with Druid Roots/Warlock Banish and then let them reach the boss 1-by-1 with DK grips. This leaves 2 big adds to kill, which again is not SW worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Unless the constellation phase on Argus is the biggest cockblock of the fight, there is no reason to take SW.

And I see 0 reason for SW on Aggramar, JaceDK had a heroic kill from PTR uploaded and they just seemed to hard CC the adds with Druid Roots/Warlock Banish and then let them reach the boss 1-by-1 with DK grips. This leaves 2 big adds to kill, which again is not SW worthy.
    Yea, we did that on the heroic test as well. On the mythic test a few weeks later, the adds were PvP targets instead of NPC, so CC was capped at 8 (?) seconds, and diminished rapidly, so hard-CC'ing like you did on heroic wasn't actually possible, had to "control" them properly. Whether that is an across-the-board change for all difficulties, or just a mythic thing we obviously don't know, but eh, who cares about heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Yea, we did that on the heroic test as well. On the mythic test a few weeks later, the adds were PvP targets instead of NPC, so CC was capped at 8 (?) seconds, and diminished rapidly, so hard-CC'ing like you did on heroic wasn't actually possible, had to "control" them properly. Whether that is an across-the-board change for all difficulties, or just a mythic thing we obviously don't know, but eh, who cares about heroic.
    Just have to stack Druids/DKs then I suppose for knockbacks/grips and 1 Aff lock with perma corruption for slowing.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you happen to have a 940 Crystal, using that with the new aman'thul trink... Is there literally no other combination worth using over that for BM? (obviously for the next raid in general)

LOL, check out the new hotfix: Beast Mastery 4-piece bonus now reduces the cooldown of Aspect of the Wild by 1.5 seconds (was 2.0 seconds).

So the weak bonus that was shit is getting nerfed? I must say Blizzard sure knows how to surprise. I was sincerely not expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    LOL, check out the new hotfix: Beast Mastery 4-piece bonus now reduces the cooldown of Aspect of the Wild by 1.5 seconds (was 2.0 seconds).

So the weak bonus that was shit is getting nerfed? I must say Blizzard sure knows how to surprise. I was sincerely not expecting that.
    When i was reading mmo champion this morning i wondered if this is a bad joke. Quess not.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post

Same. I am rotten. It is going to be another weird tier. Will replace 2 teir 19 with 2 tier 20 b/c of ilevel and that be it. Part of me just wants to get my AoTC and then just quit this xpac.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like it's going to be a stupid easy tier for gearing for me:

1. Replace 945 shoulders and 920 legs with T21.
    2. Replace 945 cloak with 930 T20 cloak in bank
    3. Get 1 ring, 1 neck, 1 belt and 1 waist from Raid
    4. Pray for ring
    5. Get legendary trinket or not....
    6. Pester guild to run ToS for better then 930 Tier

This could be boring.
    Last edited by Youn; 2017-11-28 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    At the moment, and for the next patch, which is the best spec for raiding / myth+?