Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There is no way they were 1 minute over the enrage. I remember Patchwerk from vanilla. Once he enters his time based enrage, he literally eats your entire tank roster in a matter of seconds, and then starts going down the threat table from there. If he had been one minute over his enrage, the last 55 seconds of that video would have been watching the raid scatter based on threat, trying their best to play pingpong with patchwerk as he chased them down and murdered them.

In that video, you see the following:
    Ingame Time stamp 4:43:06: Draup (running the boss mod) annoucnes Patchwerk Engaged
    Ingame Time stamp 4:50:54: "Patchwerk enrages". This would would be the "fixed" enrage he does when he hits 5% health
    Ingame Time stamp 4:51:05: "Patchwerk Goes into a Berzerker Rage", which is his Time based "you done took too long and Im going to murder the hell out of you all, enrage. At this point, you see all 3 remaining tanks drop nearly instantly, Patchwerk goes for the person recording the video who iceblocks, then Patchwerk dies like a second later.

That's no where near 1 minute over the enrage. That's a pretty nearly perfectly executed first kill.

It does make for a bit of headscratching tho, as the mod clearly calls out a 7 minute enrage mark (6:38 timestamp on the video), but the fight appears to have lasted exactly 8 minutes.

Spotted it: Something wierd with the boss mod reporting at the 6:05 minute mark on the video the Recorder has a boss mod only channel open, and you can clearly see it calling out 30 second intervals. However, patchwerk kills a tank at the 4:49 ingame timestamp mark, and the bossmod appears to skip an entire 1:30 seconds?
    4:48:06, Boss mod calls 5 minutes
    4:48:36, Boss mod calls 5.5 minutes (still accurate from the Boss Pull timestamp)
    4:50:06, Boss mod calls 6 minutes.

entirely skipped the calls for 4:49:06, and 4:49:36. Not sure what is going on there.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-11-19 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    There is no way they were 1 minute over the enrage. I remember Patchwerk from vanilla. Once he enters his time based enrage, he literally eats your entire tank roster in a matter of seconds, and then starts going down the threat table from there. If he had been one minute over his enrage, the last 55 seconds of that video would have been watching the raid scatter based on threat, trying their best to play pingpong with patchwerk as he chased them down and murdered them.

In that video, you see the following:
    Ingame Time stamp 4:43:06: Draup (running the boss mod) annoucnes Patchwerk Engaged
    Ingame Time stamp 4:50:54: "Patchwerk enrages". This would would be the "fixed" enrage he does when he hits 5% health
    Ingame Time stamp 4:51:05: "Patchwerk Goes into a Berzerker Rage", which is his Time based "you done took too long and Im going to murder the hell out of you all, enrage. At this point, you see all 3 remaining tanks drop nearly instantly, Patchwerk goes for the person recording the video who iceblocks, then Patchwerk dies like a second later.

That's no where near 1 minute over the enrage. That's a pretty nearly perfectly executed first kill.

It does make for a bit of headscratching tho, as the mod clearly calls out a 7 minute enrage mark (6:38 timestamp on the video), but the fight appears to have lasted exactly 8 minutes.
    I think it's something to do with the laggy European servers. The timestamps have to be screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I think it's something to do with the laggy European servers. The timestamps have to be screwed up.
    I edited my original analysis. Spotted the wierdness at the 6:05 mark in the video, where you can see the boss mod reporting channel the guy recording the video has open seems to skip nearly a minute and a half between the the 5.5 minute call, and the 6 minute call.

Actually, it appears that video is edited footage of possibly two seperate attempts? You can clearly see that people are moved around in the raid groups if you look at the names appearing in each group. Harder to see on the Mage's viewpoint, due to the resolution, but when it swaps to the priest, the Names on his raid frames are easy to make out.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-11-19 at 09:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    There is zero fact for someone purposedly playing dumb.
    Fact : Naxx40 was so hard even hardcore guilds could barely kill a few bosses there after five monthes.
    Fact : Naxx80 was facerolled in leveling green by midcore guilds.

I guess playing dumb to grasp at straws is closer to your actual core argument than making an intelligent point.
    Again zero facts presented. Statements are not facts.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Again zero facts presented. Statements are not facts.
    Yeah yeah, you can pretend all you want that these aren't fact. You're only proving the depth of your bad faith and how much you're grasping at straws.

Deleted
    Yeah yeah, you can pretend all you want that these aren't fact. You're only proving the depth of your bad faith and how much you're grasping at straws.
    Just browse his posts in this forum. He's a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you will not be showing me any midcore guild raid of people - all in quest greens - face-rolling Naxx25? Figures.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

So you will not be showing me any midcore guild raid of people - all in quest greens - face-rolling Naxx25? Figures.
    Not midcore, but Ensidia.

Doesn't seem like TwentyFifthNovember/Ensidia recorded or uploaded their kills, but they did clear Naxxramas 25 on the third day of the expansion (this includes leveling time) in half quest half sunwell gear (so ilvl ~180, actually worse than quest greens).

"You might remember this news from a few days ago, most of the members from the top PvE guilds Nihilum and SK-Gaming merged in a single guild temporarily called TwentyFifthNovember.

The question is, how much time will it take to see them getting world first kills on raid bosses ? Easy, about 65 Hours and 30 minutes. Wrath of the Lich King was activated on european servers at 22:00 CEST and TwentyFifthNovember killed Kel'thuzad today at 15:30 CEST"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ontent-cleared!

I cleared it week one in a trade channel pug myself. So shrug. Note the sweet quest gear on people.

Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-11-19 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not midcore, but Ensidia.
    Pff, he said midcore. I have no doubt top guilds could do it in t6.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is an impossible argument due to three main factors.

1. Players had more experience in Wrath. We were no longer the scrubs that we used to be and could deal with the mechanics better.

2. Better tools were avaliable. Videos, strategy sites, addons, etc were there to help us along in ways that were not around in vanilla.

3. The biggest difference was the classes themselves. There were so many major changes that made classes stronger and more functional. With pallies and shammys on both sides some great strategies were open to raid teams.
    Last edited by shadowmatrix; 2017-11-19 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oumajgad View Post
    Just browse his posts in this forum. He's a troll.
    Yeah, I think I remember his account from the Nostalrius megathread.
    At least now everyone can see just how much of an idiot he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post

1. Players had more experience in Wrath. We were no longer the scrubs that we used to be and could deal with the mechanics better.
    People in Naxx had two years of experience. About half the population at the time of WotLK had less experience than that, due to arriving during TBC.
    This misconception that people at the end of Vanilla in hardcore guilds were n00b is stupid and needs to die.
    3. The biggest difference was the classes themselves. There were so many major changes that made classes stronger and more functional. With pallies and shammys on both sides some great strategies were open to raid teams.
    That, and the tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post

2. Better tools were avaliable. Videos, strategy sites, addons, etc were there to help us along in ways that were not around in vanilla.

I mean, DBM existed in vanilla, decursive played the game for you, threat meters and damage meters existed. Theorycrafting and sims existed in Naxxramas. Videos and strategy sites existed too.

Three is super true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is my favourite dead horse to beat I'm going to annoyingly pick at small details in your post.

Also, it's not really old Naxxramas unless Heigan aggros and resets a million times spamming his aggro yell as you clear the gauntlet to him.

this bug was actually in the 80 version aswell :P
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    this bug was actually in the 80 version aswell :P
    I did WOTLK Naxxramas at release and Heigan's aggro range was tiny. You could set up in his room. I do not think this is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    < this avatar picture of mine is actually a character screenshot during Naxx25. You can see the 2 blades that dropped from .. god knows which boss whilst still rolling some T6 (shoulders). ALLOT of early clears were in partially quest greens / T6
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    < this avatar picture of mine is actually a character screenshot during Naxx25. You can see the 2 blades that dropped from .. god knows which boss whilst still rolling some T6 (shoulders). ALLOT of early clears were in partially quest greens / T6
    Great. And you soloed it, right? Try reading maybe. Midcore in t6 my ass.

Here's an important question:

Will we get the extremely funny 1.11 version of Grand Widow Faerlina where rain of fire covers half the room?

Or the nerfed 1.12 version of Grand Widow Faerlina with half the radius rain of fire?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Long as we don't get the godawful servers that made thaddius attempts dreadful if not downright unbeatable some nights. Nothing like having 10-15 people DC when polarity shifts happened.....ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Long as we don't get the godawful servers that made thaddius attempts dreadful if not downright unbeatable some nights. Nothing like having 10-15 people DC when polarity shifts happened.....ugh.
    I remember guilds raiding at 3AM to make Thaddius manageable.

The lvl 80 version of Naxx was also just shittier in every respect than the original. All the quests and storyline behind the instance were just straight up removed, there was no Corrupted Ashbringer or Atiesh and the tier sets and drops just tended to look worse in general. It seemed like they changed just enough about the instance to lose the magic of the original, but not enough to keep it from looking outdated and out of place among all the shiny new Wrath content, like the inexplicable low res loading screen which irked me to no end.