Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like MM, currently playing it in Mythic+. Played Survival before Legion (not a raider)
    Not a big fan of pets, so not really into BM. Tried survival but dont like the randomness of Moongoose Bite/strike

I might play Survival if they made it in a tank spec, maybe have it share a healthbar with your pet?! Might be fun?!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I like all the specs as they are now. Other then how mongoose bite works on survival, I'd rather they keep the base they have now and add stuff and tweak some stuff then a full rework.
    Agreed. I also think that Surv hunters should duel wield like Rexxar. That wouldn't need a complete overall; the spec would still be melee and keep similar abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    they need to go back to mana. It was much better than the shit we have now. And no classic servers won't do it. We need it for current.
    any specific reason? I didn't quite like focus they first introduced it in cata, but then DS 2p make it better and ever since then I actually prefer focus, by far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Legion's convoluted bullshit chain of "proc that activates a debuff that activates an ability that activates another ability" garbage.
    pretty much this
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I'm hoping they'll get rid of the extra pet for BM.
    and this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    If I could I would change hunters to something like this. Just flodding the specs with abilities and return every hunter spec to being a whackamole with your only downtime being the steady shots/ cobra shots you sometimes have to weave in.

For Bm, overall shift more damage into kill command/ give the spec more buttons to optimize the spec with.

-Return a cast time to cobra shot, as a focus generator.
    -Change dire beast/ dire frenzy into a focus dump/ filler by giving it a focus cost.
    -Rework the old focus fire + dire frenzy (add in dire beast)
    -Return as a talent; Lynx rush
    -Create more pet talents like Lunx rush (active; not more passive shit).
    -Return the old stampede, bm only; no longer a talent.
    -Return glaive toss as a talent
    -Return kill shot

For MM, overall shift damage away from aimed shot to other finishers.

-Chim shot; mm only and not a talent.
    -Give mm powershoot as a talent.
    -Return steady shot as focus generator, castable on the move
    -Return arcane shoot as a filler
    -Keep vulnerable for aimed but also adding a second debuff something like exposed weakness - that increases the damage from chim shot/ kill shot,
    and make it so casting aimed on exposed -> loses you the debuff and vice verca for chim/ kill shot if vulnerable is up.
    -Return glaive toss
    -Return kill shot

For Surv, Remake survival into the ranged spec it once was, (serpent spread multishoot; serpent sting, black arrow/explosive shot).

-> Build the spec araund dot damage
    ->Design on use cd(s) that increase their active dot damage.
    ->Reward maintaining dot uptime/ reacting to procs and debuffs.
    ->Allow snapshotting for the specs dots.

-> If needed to differentiate survival EVEN further from marks/bm; remove any passive focus regen + focus generating abilities from survival and make the dot damage done be the focus regen for the spec.

->If there is a large enough demand for it (as in alot more players start maining survival befoure legion ends); Make a fourth spec out of current the survival -> just call them Tracker or something.

-Utility as a base (not talent) for all 3 specs;
    Return 2 stack disengage and 2 stack deterrence; lose turtle.
    Return aspect of the cheetah
    Return explosive trap (knockback)
    Return master's call
    Return pet abilities; stuns/slows/dissorient/disarm/root/petrify + make up new abilities for mechanical + other new pet families that lack any ability.
    QFT. OMG, this soo much! It'll most likely never happen, but that's pretty much my ideal hunter... I would play the shit outta all these specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I like where BM is at but I'd like to see it thematically be more so about having a shit ton of beasts out so like remove dire frenzy and get rid of anything that limits how many beasts you have face checking the enemy.

Also while Cata survival was my favorite era for the class they better not change it back to ranged. It just needs some tweaks with like mongoose bite otherwise it's in a very enjoyable spot to play.

MM is hot garbage. It needs an Outlaw level rework.

Or at least split new Surv off into a fourth spec, call it like Ranger Or Tracker or something. Just don't remove that playstyle for the people that do like it.

I do like the idea of a 'Ranger' spec as a melee hunter instead of survival...survival sounds more like a tank spec

I'm hoping they'll get rid of the extra pet for BM.
    They already pretty much said it will stay. Dunno why you would hate having it, done right it's a nice effect, additional guy you can pick and name. Pretty much what BM is all about. All the additional, random beasts from Dire Beast or whatever can all go screw themselves.

I do hope they change (fix) hunter in BoA. MM is just not what I picked the spec for, going from simple, methodical damage with heavy hitters to spammy RNG nonsense. I do hope they give SV a fair look, it's an unfinished spec (Explosive Trap for whatever reason, stat scaling issue, Flanking Strike glitching out).

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Dunno why you would hate having it, done right it's a nice effect, additional guy you can pick and name.
    It's annoying visual clutter, and the AI is somehow even worse than normal. I'll be happy with one pet.

It's annoying visual clutter, and the AI is somehow even worse than normal. I'll be happy with one pet.
    yeah, and why would anyone want the headache that comes from controlling 2 pets?! just because it looks cool? Yeah, I prefer one strong pet than 2 dealing 50% of pet dmg each.

I'd rather see them fix the messed up AI, can't be that hard. Having 2 mooses or dinos alongside me was the best stuff about BM hunter in Legion for me, or perhaps the only good.

I honestly found having two pets beside me all the time irritating. Hard to explain exactly why, I just really wished I could dismiss Hati so I could hunt alongside my favourite pet without a third wheel tagging along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    Your knowledge about WOW is extraordinarily awful - there is no other class with archer class fantasy.
    Why do MM need the pet? To have zero interaction with it again? To be bad parody on BM?
    So alluring.

Guys like you already have destroyed SV with mindless demands "I want the melee hunter".

Hope Blizz don't listen you again anymore.
    first off, while I don't begrudge you your fantasy of being an archer, MM should remain with a viable option with/without a pet. the class is hunter, not an archer, if you rolled a hunter for the sole reason of being a pet-less range dps, there are several other options available.

secondly, MM have always had pets, just because most of their damage doesn't come from one, doesn't mean it needs to be baseline to take them away from those who enjoy the full immersion of a pet in all specs of the class.

finally, how does wanting to keep pets in MM viable = melee SV? what kind of ass backwards reasoning does that make? while I have seen some people on the forums want to keep the current iteration of SV with some tweaks, I don't exactly remember a huge demand for it in the first place. if anything it reminds me of the failed prot warrior - dps 'gladiator' spec that was fotm for like one patch before it was nerfed into the ground and abandoned after WoD.

The one thing I've always hated is how MM keeps going from mobile to stationary to mobile to stationary over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfiend76 View Post
    survival sounds more like a tank spec
    survival doesn't sound like... anything
    before current specializations were born, every class had 3 paths to emphasis on their 3 most iconic... functionalities, these weren't specializations we know today that are pretty much, more of a stand alone classes than said specializations.
    hunters had a tree that focused on archery, pet and everything else- survival that is.
    while first 2 were always strong on their phantasy, survival was ALWAYS inbred without any clear one; yeah there were traps, mostly and some other "hunter'y" stuff, but nothing to really build from. Traps as "side utility" work great, having them as a part of rotation kills off their.. flavor.
    So again, I'd shut down that inbred spec altogether. Merge good bits with other 2 specs, especially BM which even now have similar theme as current surv.
    BM's could then have a choice similar to how frost DKs and Fury warriors had, but instead of choice between DW/2hander or 1h/2h, BM hunters would have a choice between ranged and melee wep. This way both specs wouldn't have to be watered down in any "core" aspect of being a hunter, just to make room for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    You have it wrong there...they already scrapped Surv to make another useless melee class no one asked for. BM is the only spec that is remotely playable because its the least changed spec from before.

I laugh at people who like MM, HFC MM, DS MM, ICC MM all those playstyle were better then it was now. Todays MM is the worst incarnation of that spec.

and surv...bring back the old spec. I didnt roll Hunter 12+ years ago to play melee.

- - - Updated - - -

(1) MM playstyle was better in HFC (petless), DS and ICC (with pet)

(2) There should never be a option for no pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Then roll another class. A hunter should always have a pet.
    No, there should be a choice, as there is now. I like MM for that choice. Can't speak for the other two specs personally.

what you guys want is return to the old BM or MM that is not a "rework", the specs gonna change but not gonna be old version like WoD or MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    How can you get "Hati will likely not stay" multiply times stated as "it will stay"
    Dafuq
    Didn't mention Hati, and I'm glad he himself will not be staying, having your pets contantly shocked by some lightning looks like animal abuse more than BM.

Still, the quote

Hati is very closely tied to Titanstrike, unlikely to be carried forward forever. It is odd to require a new player to go back to Legion content to get Hati. There is something cool about having multiple pets as a BM Hunter, so that is something they could expand on.
    suggests that Blizzard likes the idea of more than one pet and would like to expand on it. Perhaps in another way, as a passive talent option or just baked in, like other things will be after losing Artifacts, but it's still a possibility.

Hunter specs are boring now...it could be I've played a hunter for 10 years and it is getting stale, but MM used to be WAY better. The waiting on vul with any type of lag you are fucked. I don't like rng specs that aren't forgiving to a bit of latency spikes. I do like the AoE part of MM, I know most don't but whatever there.

I was never MM before late WoD outside of PvP because I didn't find it as fun as Surv or BM.

MoP surv was my favorite time playing that spec. I was BM from Vanilla to Cata.

I was MM up to 63 traits this xpac and decided it was either go BM or quit. So I went BM. I like it, but I don't like how buggy the pets are. If they can fix that I'll like it. I'd rather Hati goes away and my main pet does more damage.

I'd like to see a DoT spec come back...that was what I loved about Surv. It was DoT with a pet which was really fun. I don't like Locks, so won't be doing DoT with their pet.

I'd like to see the devs open up a discussion for classes, not just tell us what they want. I'd rather have deterrence back and no turtle...regardless the class needs a soak ability that is half decent.

Hopefully we aren't told what we find fun, because I bet I've played a hunter more than any of the devs working on hunters. I know what I find fun about hunters. (I also have like 5+ hunters at 100+ so yeah, I play a hell of a lot of hunter!)

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    No, there should be a choice, as there is now. I like MM for that choice. Can't speak for the other two specs personally.
    There is no choice. You never see MM hunter with a pet. Your choice is an illusion.

The original choice was play a pet class or play something else. They should of left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    There is no choice. You never see MM hunter with a pet. Your choice is an illusion.

The original choice was play a pet class or play something else. They should of left it at that.
    No you're missing the point. You don't see them with pets because a lot of people WANT to play a Hunter without a pet, and since MM is the only spec that allows it, you see MM Hunters without pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    No you're missing the point. You don't see them with pets because a lot of people WANT to play a Hunter without a pet, and since MM is the only spec that allows it, you see MM Hunters without pets.
    . Do not assume people actions with "motive". People raiding as MM want to optimise there DPS.."want" has nothing to do with. Lone wolf maxizmizes dps, therefor all raiders go lone wolf.

Don't assume you know peoples motives just because of there actions. I for one, was MM all HFC running lone wolf and hated it. I am not a special snowflake (although i like to think so), where there is one there are 1000s.

Deleted
    I don't mind the current state of MM and survival, but BM surely needs something... perhaps just better and more fitting animations. :P