Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[SPOILERS] How will Sargeras be defeated?

Okay, so it's only 1 week until Antorus opens, so some last minute speculation!

Yes, we know the Pantheon will imprison Sargeras in the Seat of Pantheon, and Illidan will be his jailer, but how?

Will it be...

1. Pantheon imprisons Sargeras's physical body inside the Seat of Pantheon. Illidan, powered up by the other Titans, will duel Sargeras to the end of time to prevent him from escaping.

2. Pantheon imprisons Sargeras's spirit inside the broken body of Argus. Illidan will be watching over the prison, similar to how Maiev watches over his.

3. Pantheon imprisons Sargeras's spirit inside Illidan, Tal Rasha style. Illidan has to fight the influence of Sargeras as he stays inside the prison.

4. ???

How do you think this expansion will end? How will the biggest threat to Azeroth face his defeat?

Deleted
    Neither of those in which Illidan duels anyone... as he wouldn't stand the slightest chance against a titan

I'd say the titans do the imprisoning and Illidan does the "disabling portal networks with the keystone from their side, so it cannot be used ever again".

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan will uppercut Sargeras so hard he devolves to a human.
    Hi

being imprisoned is one thing ... but imagine an eternity spent fighting ... Damn only thing to compare it to would be like dragonball lol :d the fighter which would come out would be something exceptional.

As for Jail thing, something like Illidan prison or Diablo 2 Tal rasha style seems more plausible, why Illidan as jailer tho ... leave Mayev there and leave Illidan free

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Illidan will force him to proofread all his fanfictions, slowly driving sargeras mad.

Illidan will read Hillary Clintons 30 000 lost emails aloud to Sargeras, subduing him for eternity.

I was kind of thinking of a reversed spell on Illdans eye sockets and tattoos...
    The Pantheon will use their power to reverse Sargeras's gift to Illidan, and make Illidan control Sargeras throigh their connection.

Only empowered by the Titan souls does Illidan stand a chance at keeping Sargeras at bay

Madness will consume you!!!

Knaak will find a way

I don't think it will be complicated. The pantheon will just sacrifice themselves to seal away Sargeras. Illidan will stand guard to watch over the seal, so something funny does not happen. That's pretty much it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan sits on him.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I'm thinking Sargeras physical body gets killed. He probably tries to imprison Azeroth like he did Argus and is vulnerable to a combined attack by the pantheon when Azeroth resists.

Then imprisoning his spirit is a lot more feasible task.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firost View Post
    being imprisoned is one thing ... but imagine an eternity spent fighting ... Damn only thing to compare it to would be like dragonball lol :d the fighter which would come out would be something exceptional.
    almost sounds like that movie The Immortals. where it was the gods vs the titans in the heavens for eternity.

10+ Year Old Account
    He'll be imprisoned in a box with a glass facade. Imprinted on the front will be 'DO NOT BREAK UNTIL WOW2'

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The implication seems to be that Illidan will be sealed away with Sargeras, left with the remainder of the Pantheon to contend with him for all of time. I assume that Illidan and the diminished Pantheon are an equal power, so to speak, and that the Seat of the Pantheon will function as the prison itself (likely shunted into a type of closed pocket-dimension). I can't help but see this as a "stuffed into the cooler" type of scenario for all involved - a way of removing them from the story until a later date, once enough time has passed or a greater story arc demands Illidan's, Sargeras', or even the Pantheon's presence.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Sargeras gets imprisoned by the Pantheon, Argus, Magni's, and Illidan's Powers. However, that's not enough. They then require our own Sacrifices to make sure Sargeras' imprisonment lasts for eternity.

We then use our Artifact's power to imprison Sargeras, once and for all. Ending off Legion with us (In a sense) stealing the win, as we're the only people coming back to talk about it. That is, unless you're Turalyon, Alleria, Velen, Magni, and anyone else that isn't Illidan. D:

That's how I think we'll defeat Sargeras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The implication seems to be that Illidan will be sealed away with Sargeras, left with the remainder of the Pantheon to contend with him for all of time. I assume that Illidan and the diminished Pantheon are an equal power, so to speak, and that the Seat of the Pantheon will function as the prison itself (likely shunted into a type of closed pocket-dimension). I can't help but see this as a "stuffed into the cooler" type of scenario for all involved - a way of removing them from the story until a later date, once enough time has passed or a greater story arc demands Illidan's, Sargeras', or even the Pantheon's presence.
    I could only imagine Demon's travelling on their Spaceships, only to see their Master forever bound on the Pantheon's own Throne. My god, that would cause such a reaction.

Sargeras is gonna be tied to a chair while Illidan and rest of titans recite how his behaviour has been beyond worrisome and naughty. Basically whole Seat of Pantheon area is gonna turn into on big anger management class with Aman'thul leading the session. Fortunately for us, session will be over just in time to fight Void lords.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-11-21 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras will become a good guy through the power of love.

7+ Year Old Account
    The pantheon will empower Illidian's booty and twerking abilities so he can twerk for sergeras until the end of time. And Sargeras will be helpless not to watch. That's how this is gonna be dealt with

We'll defeat Sargeras by hitting him...

Really....

REALLY....

Hard.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I somehow think that Illidan will, for some reason, sacrifice himself in order to inflict the most damage to Sargeras/keep him away.

I hope not, of course I like Illidan, but I think we were never meant to have him around for too long. That´s what makes him such a unique character, after all, his end is always sort of tragic.