Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

This could be your last chance to stop ISPs from messing up your Internet.

https://www.battleforthenet.com/?utm...ess-we-stop-it

The FCC is about to announce a vote to slash net neutrality rules, allowing ISPs like Verizon to block apps, slow websites, and charge fees to control what you see & do online. Once they announce the vote, it's hard to stop. But if we flood them with calls now, *Congress* can stop the vote.

What is net neutrality? Why does it matter?

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet providers like Comcast & Verizon should not control what we see and do online. In 2015, startups, Internet freedom groups, and 3.7 million commenters won strong net neutrality rules from the US Federal Communication Commission (FCC). The rules prohibit Internet providers from blocking, throttling, and paid prioritization—"fast lanes" for sites that pay, and slow lanes for everyone else.

We are Team Internet. We support net neutrality, freedom of speech.

Nearly everyone who understands and depends on the Internet supports net neutrality, whether they're startup founders, activists, gamers, politicians, investors, comedians, YouTube stars, or typical Internet users who just want their Internet to work as advertised—regardless of their political party. But don't take our word for it. Ask around, or watch some of these videos.

Do the right thing. Protect Net Neutrality. Don't let cable companies do to the internet what they already did to your TV.

I am sure that if those company's don't allow access the market will provide someone who will.

lul like Congress will do anything ever

That's not a problem here. Who knew that regulations can be good, and complete deregulation bad.

Have fun being owned by corporations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    (even donald supports NN surprising I know)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/30/t...eutrality.html

No he does not.

If my ISP bill is higher I'm going to be pissed. If my ISP bill stays the same, *shrug*

My hunch is that my ISP bill will be higher but I don't really know.

Net neutrality is about Netflix, Netflix is like half of all internet traffic these days. Netflix makes billions and the ISPs want some of that sweet Netflix money.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    .... Well guess I heard wrong. Is he trying to give the dems as many seats as he can?
    No, the Republicans who oppose him are.

I would give up Netflix, Email, Online gaming, browsing, amazon... EVERYTHING..

if it meant the death of the internet.

I hate this post internet world where people become desensitized to violence, have a platform to preach hate, have a canvas to create shitty art or have a screen to zombify themselves as they walk down the fucking street.

Fuck the internet.

I hope the FCC destroys every last shred of it. I'd give it up. Call me a hypocrite but in my opinion, me being one is just another reason why it has to die.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to get political but opposing trump might be the only hope the GoP has right now. A lot of people feel we pay enough to big telco. This puts a target on every GoP seat in 2018.
    Actually it will cost them by opposing him, as he still maintains the large majority of his voter base's support. Which a large part of those are Republicans. I saw a recent poll which showed 81% of republicans approve of his job performance. It is with the independents where he has tanked the most. The Democrats already hate his guts.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I hate this post internet world where people become desensitized to violence, have a platform to preach hate, have a canvas to create shitty art or have a screen to zombify themselves as they walk down the fucking street.
    Oh you mean like what happened prior to the development of the internet, through the use of newspapers and what not?

Desensitized to violence = Check
    Platform to preach hate = Check
    Canvis to create shitty art = Check
    Zombifying themselves as they walk down a street/ignoring people around them = Check

Fuck the newspaper!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

10+ Year Old Account

Fuck the internet.

I hope the FCC destroys every last shred of it. I'd give it up. Call me a hypocrite but in my opinion, me being one is just another reason why it has to die.
    and yet here you are bitching about it on a forum you had to make an account for, via internet you either are paying to have, or using someone elses for free.

So either your a hypocrite, or a liar.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Nonsense, you clearly didn't live before the internet existed.
    Please troll harder, old timer. Your argument is almost as potent as the "video games causes our society to be violent" argument. I'd seriously love to know what type of video games was played during the Crusades.

The internet did not create human corruption or dissonance, that has existed since the invention of "society"
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Fuck the internet.

Well aren't you the ray of sunshine... I believe there are a few openings in the Amish community for you.

inb4 nothing happens
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Can we really say that anyone was truly alive before the internet came though?

I lived half my life pre web, and back then - there were different reasons people gave for things.

The only thing different today is the personal news bubbles, and that's not because of the internet - that's because of Facebook

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Just be happy you lived in a time when the Internet wasn't like TV and completely controlled by bullshit like the FCC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone just cut the fucking cable cord. Spread the word. Taht is the only thing that has a chance of stopping this.

Yeah, this is going to work about as well as the world fighting climate change.

Fuck the internet.

Those are probably the dumbest reasons to hate the internet that I've ever heard.