Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    So it will be like the release week of vanilla WoW?
    I'm so surprised by this.
    Your point? Or do you just spam to increase your post count?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    But, as everyone keeps screaming in a high pitch voice, this isn't an expansion. This is V A N I L L A and everything must be exactly the same as it was.
    I have fond memories of my childhood, yet I do not insist on repeating the experience of stepping on a hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I have fond memories of my childhood, yet I do not insist on repeating the experience of stepping on a hornet.
    Sadly, a lot of people are looking forward to do just that...

It's decades old content. Who cares how fast you clear it? Enjoy the experience. Get excited completing a quest and getting your first green with spirit on it.

People are going to hate WoW:Classic. People are going to quietly hate everything about WoW:Classic. All because they are going to be given, exactly what they want. An out of date game.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    My point is it will be like the launch of Vanilla WoW, which means that people have gone through it and lived and still had fun.

How about you put your dick away buddy, I'm not spamming.
    Not only has someone else said the exact same thing already, but its also not what is discussed in this thread. It's the very definition of spam.

I am planning to take a week of vacation when classic comes out. I may wait until the week after release though!

Even in the newer versions of the game you have mobs in areas that bug and stay bugged. I imagine zones will be littered with those and as a result skew spawn times for other mobs in the area. Love it or hate it the madness at the start is one of the most unique parts of a game enjoy it for what it is. If you really don't like it, don't worry it will pass soon enough.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Most likely thye will have 2-3 servers but split the players up into 20-30 servers to start, then as time passes slowly merge the servers into their real servers. then no more server tocuhing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    My replies may contain traces of sarcasm.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

My replies may contain traces of sarcasm.
    Same for mine.

I'll be waiting a week or two after launch, not a fan of overcrowding.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Not only has someone else said the exact same thing already, but its also not what is discussed in this thread. It's the very definition of spam.
    I am confused, isn’t that exactly what is being discussed? And isn’t replying to spam also spam? So by definition if you think it is spam, then you are spamming. Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Lovely Spam, Wonderful Spam
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    Good, that will help correctly simulate the lag and server queues!
    cant wait!

Deleted
    I think everyone who screams "only untouched vanilla can be classic!!!" should have a mandatory 1-2 hour log in queue
    1-2 hours? do you really think simulating a low pop realm would satisfy us?

I definately believe that a long login in queue is vital to the game. Why do you think night clubs likes to keep a long queue? It makes it more attractive since you have to invest time to even get in and that will enhance the experience once you are in by a lot.

I would suggest a mandatory 3+ hour log in queue for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Yeah, it will be awful, annoying, stressful, infuriating... But above all, it will be absolutely glorious.
    Hear hear.

Future Classic players, if I see you camping the same mob as me, I will send you group invites. Please be cool and share quest credit.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

No mob sharing, screwed up spawn rates on quest mobs etc etc will make the first few days annoying as hell.

Will you wait for a while for everything to settle down and become a smoother experience or do you consider fighting over mobs part of the vanilla experience?
    Sounds glorious! I will be right there fighting for my mobs!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I remember mob tagging /shudder

Trying to kill that scorpion in the valley of trials with about 20 other orcs camping it, and no one wanting to group up
    Having 4 friends to group with on launch day will not be an issue for me. Although Ican see how people of current WoW will be lost because everything isn't done for them. But I suspect they will catch on and soon make friends and have a blast!

I've been through a couple of pserver openings, and yes, it is a nightmare. Every single lowbie zone is just flooded with players to the point where you're fighting 10 other people just for a single mob's spawn, and just killing *anything* is impossible.

Your best bet is to ignore the starting area and just run off through the zones, get some exp from exploration and pick up a bunch of flight points.

I remember trying to do Hogger, and there were literally 50+ people huddled around his exact spawnpoint, trying to tag him as soon as he spawned. Took me maybe 40 minutes to get lucky and have someone in my group tag him.

You are damn right the first week or two will be a nightmare. For the right reasons with numbers. For the wrong reasons because a bunch of current expo fucks will be there to just ruin it for everyone by mass tagging zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    People are going to hate WoW:Classic. People are going to quietly hate everything about WoW:Classic. All because they are going to be given, exactly what they want. An out of date game.
    Could not disagree more... having participated in a Vanilla Private Server launch... it was amazing and still is. Vanilla is flawed for sure... but it's core mechanics/reward system is far superior to current WoW... makes you wonder why in the world they ever left it behind.

I think a lot of people are just jealous. Jealous that people are so excited about WoW again... they cannot fathom it and go out of their way to diminish it somehow... but it is so much bigger than they are and they are just cursing the wind. Sad for them.