Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He's extremely inefficient and playing a lot of minutes, and continuing bad habits. He has no one to learn from either. Hopefully Lakers will get a proper guard in the off season, best case scenario is they somehow land LeBron. When LeBron runs an offense that's what they want from Zo. A heads up player that will find his team mates on the drive.

And it's not that he's 15 games in, he is more than that. He's playing how he played in college and it's not working here. And they aren't doing anything to stop it. I get the feeling he has no one to learn from. Which is painful because of Magic being in the organization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I strongly doubt this works in a 7 game series though.
    Probably not, but it would be one hell of a series to watch.

I'm looking forward to their next matchup. Looks like that won't be until January though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Probably not, but it would be one hell of a series to watch.

I'm looking forward to their next matchup. Looks like that won't be until January though.
    Yeah, match up's I'm looking forward the coming period are:

Pistons on the 27th

76'ers on the 30th

Bucks on the 4th of Dec.

At the Spurs on the 8th of Dec.

At the Pistons on the 10th of Dec.

Rest of the season:

The really good stuff is around x-mas and early January. Wizards, Rockets, Cavs all between xmas day and the 3rd of January. Then GSW on the 27th of January.

Rough stretch in early February. At the Wizards, home for Pacers and Cavs in a 3 day stretch.

At the Rockets on March 3rd. Home for the Wizards on the 14th of March. Home for OKC on the 20th.

Late March, early April another rough stretch. Home for the Raptors on the 31st then back to back away games at the Bucks on the 3rd of April and the Raptors on the 4th of April.

Finish the season with back to back games at the Wizards and home for the Nets on the 10th and 11th of April.

Going to be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    First game after a big win, against the last place team in the East, at their home. This feels like a serious trap game.

Celtics down 7, with Atlanta looking hot and Celtics, predictably, struggeling on offense.

- - - Updated - - -

Celtics down 15 at the end of one. Can't keep putting themselves in a hole like this, cause eventually you have an off night and the comeback doesn't come.

We'll see how they manage in the other 3 quarters, they've shown amazing resilience before, maybe this is not yet the night where they drop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear, every time I post in here about the Celtics being down big, they seem to immediately snap out of it and start scoring.

I promise I will use this power responsibly.

>.>

<.<

Your Celtics (14-2) are down 44-50 at halftime against Atlanta (3-12). You jinxed yourself.

I guess you're pirating a live stream xskarma because half of these Celtics games you talk about aren't on national cable TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Your Celtics (14-2) are down 44-50 at halftime against Atlanta (3-12). You jinxed yourself.
    They were down 17 early second quarter and looked much better down the stretch after the bench brought them back in the game. So, I'll take being down only 6.

- - - Updated - - -

And nwo they have their first lead since the first quarter. This team is bonkers. When they get going offensively on top of how they have already played defensively they are ridiculously good. They have just not really had any game where they've been playing well offensively for more than 2 quarters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they better keep that lead up against the unfortunate new Hawks.

Sooo the Jazz are destroying the Magic, Hood is going off. I wish this could happen with any consistency...

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtics win their 15th in a row. Kept Hawks under 100 points after they let them score 35 points in the first quarter. Win by 11 while having been down as much as 17.

This team is just silly and either I don't understand basketball enough yet (again) or this team is just doing things that should not be possible if they were a normal team.

I mean, they've been down 17-18 points against some GOOD teams too and come back. It;s not just against these Hawks. It has to stop happening sometime, right? But what if it's not luck and it's just cause this team has amazing resilience and big moment clutch. That's something you can build on, even if it's currently only coming out after they get their ass kicked for 10-15 min.

Next up, Mavericks on Monday, we'll see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    The early loss of Hayward gave the team a spark that has yet to fizzle.

Poor Magic...I don't think there's any team in the league that should be blown out by a Gobert-less Jazz. 40 point loss? Just...ouch.

Holy shit that's 15th STRAIGHT win for Celts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtics again not starting very fast. I was hoping they;d be driven to show the world they didn;t need to have constant comebacks. While typing this and watching though they at least somewhat closed the gap again.

Let's go, let's crunch these Mavs and have the bench out there in the 4th quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Celtics were up as much as 15 and then left the second unit in for basically the whole second quarter, till the last 2 min. Go into the half with a 4 point lead.

- - - Updated - - -

Brad Stevens probably regretting now that he gave the starters so much rest and gave the bench so much time to get theri offensive woes worked out. It jump started the Mavs who are now up by 8 at the end of 3 quarters.

Celtics are having immense trouble with Mavs 2-3 zone defense. Dallas just waits in theri zone while contesting to the outside and dropping in on drives to the basket. Celtics not managed to break the code on beating it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, even if the Mavs lose in OT, kinda proud we played them into OT xD

10+ Year Old Account
    OT in Dallas. Celtics managed to come back in the end, but the final minute neither team manages to use their chances to secure a win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well, even if the Mavs lose in OT, kinda proud we played them into OT xD
    Should be. Mavs caused more trouble than any other team other than the Warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    OT in Dallas. Celtics managed to come back in the end, but the final minute neither team manages to use their chances to secure a win.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be. Mavs caused more trouble than any other team other than the Warriors.
    Wooo Dirk! Gonna be sad to see him retire soon. Better be an insta HOFer or I'll throw a gasket.

its not like we havent defied expectations before *throws shade at Lebron*

- - - Updated - - -

Whelp figured that was gonna happen, but the sucky Mavs got Celts into OT. GOOD JOB BOIS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Wooo Dirk! Gonna be sad to see him retire soon. Better be an insta HOFer or I'll throw a gasket.

its not like we havent defied expectations before *throws shade at Lebron*
    I would be VERY surprised if Dirk is not a first ballot.

Difference today was Kyrie, especially in OT. Can't keep playing like this though. Start was so good and then still almost gave it away by resting the starters and giving the bench opportunity to get minutes. I mean, I get it, but in the end it put more strain on the starters than if they had just rotated in like usual, due to the OT.

Letting Smart take 26 shots...bleh.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Letting Smart take 26 shots...bleh.
    Marcus can suck as shooting as much as he want's as long as he keeping being the best defensive guard in the NBA. He's currently second in the NBA in Defensive Rating and 8th in Net Rating. People who look at just stats think Marcus is bad, people who actually watch him play every night realize how important he is to the Celtics. The other thing is that while he's not shooting well overall, he tends to shoot well at the end of games (both his made 3s came in the 4th quarter last night) when the team really needs it.

Little update:

https://twitter.com/SeanGrandePBP/st...03899685576704

So he went from 8th to 6th in Net Rating after last night. That's how good he is defensively.
    Last edited by ramayana1423; 2017-11-21 at 04:36 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's crazy is even with his terrible shooting (Smart), he is consistently a + at the end of every game. I think he was like a +15 one game, even though he was like 2/11 from the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit. Were down 6, I think, when I went to get some food, return barely 15 min later real time and we're down by 16. -_-

C'mon now Celtics.