Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Vanilla and TBC say hello.

This ain't hard bro. But you need to ask yourself how much time and effort you are willing to put into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    For the first time ever i experience this myself.

I always had my Mythic raiding guild and friends have my back when it came to gearing alts, from 110 to mythic ready in a week wasn't something i even had to think about, it just happened.

But now everyone has quit, and i returned to the game solo trying to gear my washed up 880 geared DPS character.

And boy it is a nightmare.

The requirements for Dungeons and Raids we used to make fun of? They are hitting me right in the face. 930+ for a +5 Mythic dungeon. 935+ for Heroic Tomb of Sargeras.

For the first time ever i am feeling unable to progress, to continue. The worldquests are capped out, i got all my 910 relinquished gear and yet its completely and utterly impossible to get into anything. 910 is not enough, not nearly.

All these people that complained about this shit for years, i feel you now.
    Yeah, and to top it off we are in a GOOD moment for doing that. I've seen it way worse lol. Your best bet is to find a guild really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    But you can get to 930 with relinquished gear. Two legendaries (one is bought from the AH) and two 935+ crafted pieces, plus one 930 from the greater invasion each week.
    I did greater invasions every week since they exist and I just now got my first 930 from them last week. And it's a legendary slot so it's useless. Thanks Blizz and Obama.

all this means that stuff actually drops tho. 2 weeks so far and no drops from worldbosses, raidfinder or invasions. all gear i got so far was either worldquests and a bunch of 910 items (which i cant actually use because 80% procc with versatility, my worst stat by far)
    If you're having so much trouble meeting group ilvl requirements, maybe... make the necessary sacrifice just so you can get INTO groups, and worry about optimizing your gear later?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

A good way to fix this would be to limit the ilevel shown in the group finder, example: a 940 guy and a 925 guy both showing as 920+ for the group leader in the queue.
    just a simple idea.

I literally laughed derisively without even opening up the thread.

Seriously? Gearing up is hard? Are you actually serious?

Deleted
    For the first time ever i experience this myself.

I always had my Mythic raiding guild and friends have my back when it came to gearing alts, from 110 to mythic ready in a week wasn't something i even had to think about, it just happened.

But now everyone has quit, and i returned to the game solo trying to gear my washed up 880 geared DPS character.

And boy it is a nightmare.

The requirements for Dungeons and Raids we used to make fun of? They are hitting me right in the face. 930+ for a +5 Mythic dungeon. 935+ for Heroic Tomb of Sargeras.

For the first time ever i am feeling unable to progress, to continue. The worldquests are capped out, i got all my 910 relinquished gear and yet its completely and utterly impossible to get into anything. 910 is not enough, not nearly.

All these people that complained about this shit for years, i feel you now.
    Grind argunite and relinquished tokens and farm titanforged procs..
    Friend came back to WoW month ago (hasn't played since BRF) - he has higher ilvl than most of our Heroic ToS raiders now and hasn't set a foot in raid or in m+ yet.

It's easiest thing ever - it just requires endless grinding in Argus... but that's what the game is now.. massive grind for RNG.. so Good luck.

Just got my lock to 110 last weekend and am already 907/908 affliction and only 903 destruction. That's also because I've been doing the lock campaign, the order hall, suramar, tailoring and enchanting and broken shore catch up so I can get the mount quests. So I've only spent some time actually trying to gear up. 1 legendary dropped, relinquished in most slots already including relics, everything else is 880.

If you're having trouble with groups make your own. I'm going to actually try to get better gear now. Should be 930 by next Tuesday imo.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you seriously think gearing up solo right now is "the hardest thing ever", I have to ask however did you figure out how to even turn on a computer?

Gearing up has literally never been easier than it is right now in 7.3.

It's not hard, it's you that had a very easy time every other time you tried to gear up. Now you have to do what everyone else does. This is the normal thing to do, not hard.

Gotta be a troll post.

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    Gotta be a troll post.
    That or someone who doesn't get dailies get you past 935 now in the new zones.

Now ap can be a pain but even that isnt all to bad now.

Wouldn’t say hard but it’s definitely tedious and doesn’t feel rewarding at all

10+ Year Old Account
    lol no it's not. I have 935 solo on two toons. Easy as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If you seriously think gearing up solo right now is "the hardest thing ever", I have to ask however did you figure out how to even turn on a computer?
    Hmmm this is a good point

Gearing up does not matter anyways. You'll have a hard time joining groups regardless (and often m+ or heroic raid runs fail). You might as well be better off if you just open a raid or m+ group with whatever itemlevel and farm gear this way... rather than farming argurite.

I mean, yes people are saying here how easy it is to gear up completely solo... but its just luck. Relinquished gear is 910 by default, so yeah if you get 2 legendarys and the relinquished gear procs beyond 915, then yeah you can gear up to a decent itemlevel... but this can take like 2 weeks of just running around all the time and collecting. It's not hard, just extremely boring and overall bad gameplay.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-21 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I feel like you've only played for maybe an hour. I had a friend who hasn't played since TBC come back, lvl a fresh toon with no boosts, and is 935 after two weeks. Most of what he did was done solo as well. Gearing up to 930 is quite possibly the easiest its ever been in WoW. Either we aren't playing the same game, or you're doing something wrong, or just flat out lying just to complain. I'm not sure which.
    I don't believe that, not at all. While I haven't been raiding with a guild in ToS, I have been pugging ToS HC most resets, while doing quite some M+. I haven't gone all out balls to the wall M+ farming, but still, got my 10+ done each week, with many additional runs each reset.

935 is pretty much the best you're going to get without being in a Mythic guild or farming M+ every waking hour.

Unless ofc, you disregard tier sets, trinkets or just stop caring about 2ndary stats on gear alltogether. If I did that, I would be 939.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Serious question - how in the world are you all getting 930 from relinquished gear? I'm in full gear from Argunite and every single item piece is level 910. I didn't even know they could proc higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    obviously a troll
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The reason 930+ is asked for m+ dungeons is exactly because it's so easy to obtain solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo gearing is one of the easiest things now, you have items that can be turnt into 910-955 items, and then you have a chance on your hunt to find your 2 legendaries. Of course, solo is hard if you have a deadline for Antorus next week.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..