Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I kind of hope they start at the earliest possible version of vanilla and release the patches slower than they initially did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Same could be said about purists, being unable to cope with change of any kind...

WoW was once destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    OR...

...they are Classic players who realize that although Vanilla WoW was probably the best game they ever played and have been looking forward to play it again for ages, they aren't wearing the nostalgia glasses and remember the game was also hugely flawed and extremely frustrating. Despite being awesome and people not quitting in vanilla the forums back then were FILLED with whiners and complainers, but they still all loved the game.

Now it's a second chance to get to play vanilla again, but imagine if this time some of the super shitty features could get fixed!? Why wouldn't this huge segment of WoW's playerbase be vocal now?

We don't Count because we have functioning memories and can recall how bad some features of vanilla were? Or we don't Count because we don't enjoy Legion? Nah, not having that.
    But then it wouldn't be Vanilla would it.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    Lol no, Vanilla is what Blizzard made during Vanilla times and not what you 'think' it is supposed to be.

They know, it means Wow from patch 1.0 to patch 1.12 before TBC
    Vanilla was not perfect. At all. That's down to personal opinion. And for the record, patch 1.12 is still vanilla.

So I say again, the defining features of what made vamilla good is personal. Weeding out what was crap doesn't make it less so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwind Guard
    Have you seen those Zandalari? They’ve got upright trolls. Upright. Trolls.
    Too bad he didn't say "They’ve got erect trolls. Erect. Trolls.".

Snicker.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Haha no, Blizzard is not a democracy, vanilla means vanilla.
    It’s called Classic, not vanilla.

So whatever they decide to do it’s an interpretation of what Blizzard think is classic WoW.

People who can't cope with a harsher gaming environment, and need everything casualified otherwise they'll whine and complain about how OP or unbalanced things are.
    Purists MUST maintain a fierce anti-SJW/anti-Snowflake stance at all costs.
    Oh, so if I don't enjoy masochism I am an SJW. Gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol no, Vanilla is what Blizzard made during Vanilla times and not what you 'think' it is supposed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

They know, it means Wow from patch 1.0 to patch 1.12 before TBC
    They sure do. That's why they called it Classic instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I played in vanilla. Your fragility shows in your insulting padding.
    Use whatever label you want. You are boring and you spend your days here crying. That speaks for itself. Sad and weak.

People who can't cope with a harsher gaming environment, and need everything casualified otherwise they'll whine and complain about how OP or unbalanced things are.
    Just because you like harder games doesn't make you tough. You're sitting on your ass playing a video game. But whatever makes you feel big, kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Just because you like harder games doesn't make you tough. You're sitting on your ass playing a video game. But whatever makes you feel big, kid.
    [img]https://i.imgflip.com/n4zr0.jpg[/ig]
    Last edited by Splenda; 2017-11-21 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    So asking for new models you can toggle on & off to attract new players is fragile?

AAAH what's the point....
    Sounds like something a weakling would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    So there is no difference between reading Dr. Suess and Moby-Dick? Get out of here, kid. The level of delusion and ignorance...

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Use whatever label you want. You are boring and you spend your days here crying. That speaks for itself. Sad and weak.
    Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house, hun. It's dangerous.

I agree about no changes, but the way you put it, rofl. What's next? Purists are nazis?

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house, hun. It's dangerous.
    Keep spinning in place and shaking that rattle for me. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    OR...

...they are Classic players who realize that although Vanilla WoW was probably the best game they ever played and have been looking forward to play it again for ages, they aren't wearing the nostalgia glasses and remember the game was also hugely flawed and extremely frustrating. Despite being awesome and people not quitting in vanilla the forums back then were FILLED with whiners and complainers, but they still all loved the game.

Now it's a second chance to get to play vanilla again, but imagine if this time some of the super shitty features could get fixed!? Why wouldn't this huge segment of WoW's playerbase be vocal now?

We don't Count because we have functioning memories and can recall how bad some features of vanilla were? Or we don't Count because we don't enjoy Legion? Nah, not having that.
    Or we played vanilla on private servers recently and know EXACTLY what to expect with all the goods and bads and don't think the game is "hugely flawed and extremely frustrating", You didn't thought of that did you?

I'm afraid you'll be one of the Tourists along with all the complainers that doesn't really like Vanilla. It's OK tho, people are expected to not enjoy Vanilla and that's fine (and Blizzard think it's fine too!). WoW Classic is for people that genuinely like WoW Vanilla imho.
    Last edited by Warrax; 2017-11-21 at 04:29 PM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

5+ Year Old Account
    WoW was once destroyed.
    And if you really consider all the changes people suggest destruction, you really are the fragile one
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    I'm afraid you'll be one of the Tourists along with all the complainers that doesn't really like Vanilla. It's OK tho, people are expected to not enjoy Vanilla and that's fine.
    This, the 'drop' of population will be only to tourists leaving their tour, the audience that was in 2004 and those who like the 'new old' wow will remain playing.

- - - Updated - - -

And if you really consider all the changes people suggest destruction, you really are the fragile one
    this makes no sense

Special Snowflake: a slang term that involves the derogatory usage of the word snowflake to make reference to people. Its meaning has varied, but may include a person who has an inflated sense of their own uniqueness, has an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or is easily offended and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

Gee, I wonder which side of the Vanilla argument is best described by these characteristics?

Sorry, what in the blue hells have SJWs got to do with WoW classic? Is political correctness going to implement class changes? What are you talking about?

Just in case you were wondering on a position - I don't want changes to classic, nor am I fond of the extreme left. I just want to know how you connected the two.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2017-11-21 at 04:48 PM.