Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Life after legendaries

In legion i used to play several classes and got 5-6 leggies per favourite specs. And something came to my mind. How will i play my favourite spriest without 2 stacks of Mindblast? Or my hunter with average cd for Trueshot. Leggies gave our classes and specs some flavour. And acc to developers they're not gonna change classes much. But without particular legendaries some classes are really well a mess...
    Hate to think that blizz will be so damn stupid to take away items that made gameplay actually fun and give us nothing to replace it (the neck doesnt count, it sounds more like tier bonuses bank to me).
    What do u think? Will you miss any legendary items on ur char?
    P.s.
    Sorry for my english.

Well so far you can still use them... though I can't imagine how many stats a ring would have to have to get mages to pry their use timewarp and heroism/bloodlust ring

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Well so far you can still use them... though I can't imagine how many stats a ring would have to have to get mages to pry their use timewarp and heroism/bloodlust ring
    They'll just stop working somewhere between 110 and 120.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just think about this, if your concern is about how we will live without legionaries, the answer is just like before them.

And well, the new heart of azeroth seems to work like legionaries, but with the power of the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I admit to hoping they will.

Its iffy with blizz though I imagine in time they will get nerfed for certain i just hope it happens before raids open.

As with past legendaries I suspect their effects will become less (if possible) and eventually do absolutely nothing around 119.

And yeah some of the legendaries made a significant difference to how some classes played but the one that concerns me more is just how much enjoyment of the class is tied to your artifact traits in some classes cause that's going too.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I admit to hoping they will.

Its iffy with blizz though I imagine in time they will get nerfed for certain i just hope it happens before raids open.
    I believe it was already stated somewhere that the level limit on them is 119 and that they deactivate when you hit 120, similar to how the legendary cloaks and rings did when you hit the new max level with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some classses are going to have them baked in.
    In some BFA gameplay from blizzcon, it showed an assassination rogue with what are currently the shoulders (guaranteed crot after stealth attack)
    It was a nerfed version, but it was just a passive on the character itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

You may still want to keep the legiondaries in case they become BIS for Timewalking dungeons and raids.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Elanies View Post
    (the neck doesnt count, it sounds more like tier bonuses bank to me).
    The neck does count, because I expect the system to be ever expanding, like artifacts were, to make people keep grinding Azerite anew every patch, if you'd unlock everything on the first patch and then nothing new was added, people would stop grinding and that's not what Blizzard wants. So I expect in the end to have several tiers of upgrades, combining systems like artifact / netherlight crucible / legendaries / set bonuses into 1 system.

Every start of expansion is a major disarmament, players end expansions at the peak of their power and then lose it to make space for new power growth. Every expansion the levelling process feels like dropping all your old awesome tiers, trinkets, and so forth and donning greens to be weak again. Every expansion there is some form of "nerf" to players in a form of steeper stat scaling, "ability pruning" or reworking specs. It's really nothing new.

I will miss artifact active abilities on some specs. Legendaries? Not so much, most of the classes I play legendaries I use are just flat dps increase, they don't change rotation that much, and the ones that do change it, are actually clunky and annoying to use.

Also I'm super happy next expansion I won't have an issue of inviting mages into my m+ pug for timewarp only for them to pop crappy drums because they need to save timewarp for their perfect shard of exodar usage. If I wanted to use drums, I wouldn't bother inviting a mage only a class that brings some form of utility.

The only thing I'd regret going away would be the auto rez holy priest cloak, but I don't personally play holy priest and I don't have the cloak. I just always witnessed holy priests using it and how useful that was for the group, it's like shaman's ankh with way less cooldown.

Not gonna miss them at all, as a Ret paladin, they are all very boring.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They will probably work up to level 119.

They already said that some of the legendary effects will be part of the new azerite "skill tree".

I know I'm gonna miss the Emperor's Capacitor. I love building up to a powerful Jade Lightning cast.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

5+ Year Old Account
    They said they will make a "remove all legendaries" quest so probably you won't have a single one in your bag in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    They said they will make a "remove all legendaries" quest so probably you won't have a single one in your bag in the end.
    Source?
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Think you missed something in that sentence, instead of "they said" you were supposed to write "I think".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elanies View Post
    In legion i used to play several classes and got 5-6 leggies per favourite specs. And something came to my mind. How will i play my favourite spriest without 2 stacks of Mindblast? Or my hunter with average cd for Trueshot. Leggies gave our classes and specs some flavour. And acc to developers they're not gonna change classes much. But without particular legendaries some classes are really well a mess...
    Hate to think that blizz will be so damn stupid to take away items that made gameplay actually fun and give us nothing to replace it (the neck doesnt count, it sounds more like tier bonuses bank to me).
    What do u think? Will you miss any legendary items on ur char?
    P.s.
    Sorry for my english.
    Nah, I won't miss legendaries, I actually did not like the implementation they did in Legion so I will be happy to see them go.

I very much fear that the game will be rather bland in BfA. The fact that we will miss the artifact weapon, the tier sets and the legendaries and get about 3 items with max 4-5 skills currently, which I very much doubt will be all active (Their examples certainly weren't) doesn't bode well to me.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-22 at 08:30 PM.

In BfA Blizzard is going to do another major overhaul on class design so many features added by leggos/artifact weapons that become essential to your class might become the baseline.

What I will miss is the utility leggos. With Sephuz's Secret and legendary plate boot my slow paladin can run like 50% faster, which is so nice for farming old raids.