Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Im willing to bet that 90% or more of all players who roll on classic servers never make it to max level.

Fixed.
    Probably true yes.

Every decent guild will/have at least 8 warriors in their raid. 2-4 tanks and as many dps warriors as you can find. They just slaughter other dps (with the right investment of course: All the consumeables, songflowers, worldbuffs and so on). Rogues are nice too. Your dream lineup basically just consist out of melee dps for the early content.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Every decent guild will/have at least 8 warriors in their raid. 2-4 tanks and as many dps warriors as you can find. They just slaughter other dps (with the right investment of course: All the consumeables, songflowers, worldbuffs and so on). Rogues are nice too. Your dream lineup basically just consist out of melee dps for the early content.
    I'm trying to imagine Shazzrah with 100% melee dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Eh a lot of it will depend on the patch they use and where they start. Warriors were very gear dependent, so early on they had a pretty rough go of it, but later on they were freaking beasts, heck if I remember right wasn't the highest possible DPS a Naxx geared Warrior? ( 1200 DPS or something like that ).

It will all come down to where and when they start. That said even if they aren't great you still shouldn't have a problem finding a guild to raid with. Everyone knows you will need several tanks here and there and you will also lose people. Having a weaker DPS is acceptable if for no other reason than having a back up plan is a must, probably will be needed more so today than back then because most of us have grown up and gotten jobs and such.

I'll wait and roll my Warrior later, probably 2nd tbh, than for no other reason than they became much much easier to level as an alt when you could afford to splurge on gear off the AH to keep them upgraded. Lots of people complained about leveling one but I didn't have a huge issue with mine, and that's because I could afford to drop the gold to keep it decked out ( plus it helped to have a wife that was a geared mage to run you through stuff for drops ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    Haha! I get it!
    I'm glad someone did =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    There were like 5 DPS warriors in world first Patchwerk kill. Sure they got more popular by Naxx, but warriors were always good DPS.
    No they weren't. Not until AQ40 gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Dps warriors definitely WERE a thing.
    I didn't say they weren't a thing. I said they weren't a thing during most of Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    I'm guessing you didn't even play vanilla.
    Then you'd be guessing poorly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    I suggest you go research vanilla properly and stop being so fucking dumb.
    I suggest you hop in your wayback machine, go play authentic Vanilla, and stop being so fucking dumb.

There will be tons of warriors. There won't be many tanks leveling up. There will be even fewer tanks that are very good. Don't suck and you'll eventually find yourself in a raiding guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    DPS Warriors weren't a think during most of Vanilla. I didn't see a Fury Warrior in a raid until Naxx.
    oh you poor one. never saw an arms warrior with 3.8 speed rag sword in mc? those guys did INSANE dmg (like doubling most other classes). Fury with good gear (onyxia axe with 2.9 speed) were even stronger. The weapon speed normalization was a big hit back than to warriors hunters and dagger rogues, but they still were ahead of everything else. With aq level gears, combat sword rogues and fury started to pull ahead of hunters and armswarrior

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    DPS Warriors weren't a think during most of Vanilla. I didn't see a Fury Warrior in a raid until Naxx.
    Thats because one handed were rebalanced in future patches, and not on launch.

And yes, Warriors were awesome no matter what. They wrecked in both PvE and PvP. Golden boy of wow classic.

people are forgetting how gear dependent warriors were... their dps didn't really take off until full bwl gear/R14 gear. So if you want to dps then warrior isn't the best bet unless you actually plan on raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Alright whatever I’m done arguing with you.
    We haven't actually had an argument yet... because evidently you don't know how. And don't send me any more PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Let's have a look.

15 healers for Patchwerk first kill

14 healers for Loatheb first kill

15 healers for Maexxna first kill

16 healers for Four Horsemen first kill

Just count 'em off the raid frames, nice thing about vanilla Naxxramas all the hybrid classes healed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yik2uNTDWCE 14 healers for Kel'Thuzad first kill, note the DPS meters no hybrids there.

Blood Legion Kel'Thuzad first kill 14 healers

First Sapphiron kill for Last Resort, 14 healers.

Fair enough. My best guess there is that top tier guilds likely had better dps than that next tier down. Thus we had to put the bigger strain on our healers to meet dps requirements. Or our healers were just ballers. But probably more likely the first one.

Edit: It's also worth noting that just seeing druid/priest/shaman in a raid group doesn't automatically make them a healer (though I'm too lazy to check for certainty or anything). But we had one enhancement shaman, one feral druid and one shadow priest in my main guild (Cool Cats - Blackhand) on our way through Naxx. I finished with another guild (Juggernaut) over on Doomhammer as attendance in Cool Cats eventually collapsed when the guild leader quit. Again though, with forty people, there is a real possibility that different guilds have different strengths, weaknesses or ideology. My guild was very dps heavy and it showed as we went from third on our server entering the Abomination wing and steamrolled past second that had been in there weeks in advance of us and nearly caught first as Patchwerk and Thaddius in particular were earlier gear checks for damage before more complicated fights like 4H and Sapph.
    Last edited by Jilor; 2017-11-23 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I'm trying to imagine Shazzrah with 100% melee dps.
    it wont be only melee because people will also bring mages aka ranged so pretty much 10warriors 10 rogues 10 mages

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    people are forgetting how gear dependent warriors were... their dps didn't really take off until full bwl gear/R14 gear. So if you want to dps then warrior isn't the best bet unless you actually plan on raiding.
    Actually if you gear correctly you don't want anything from BWL except the Chromatic Boots and the ring from the Nef head turn in
    Lionheart and Titanic leggings are BIS till Naxx
    Onyxia or AQ20 neck
    Truestrike Shoulder from UBRS
    BRD Arena Chest
    MC Hunter Wrists with +hit
    ZG Gloves
    Belt from Rag
    AV PvP ring or Quickstrike from MC
    Hand of Justice and 2% crit trinket from UBRS quest

Any high DPS one handers. Ironfoe, Emphyrean Demo, Dal Rends, Brutality Blade, AQ20 mace, Viskag etc

That's basically BIS until AQ40 where you get upgrades at shoulder, chest, wrist, gloves and weapon (OH mace)

Or get BRE and go Slam spec. Then you might want TUB from BWL first boss

DPS warriors were a major thing, I was put in the groups as a resident Shaman. 3 rogues and our best dps warrior in my group every time for raids. I kept them alive and gave them totem buffs (had enhancement points to make my melee totems better).

Our guild had a good 6-8 DPS warriors on the roster. They had some tanking gear for certain jobs when required. They scaled very well and certainly did well when items got changed up and made better later.